What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Ryles

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 22.0%

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
All outcomes suggested are just rumours originating from FB sites...when it's down to 2-3 candidates, it's easy to just go with one...and hope!!

If there were any genuine "leaks", either the daily telegraph or SMH would have written an article by now, eels sell clicks....so they wouldn't waste an opportunity....

Nutz

Bench
I'm a firm believer that the teams with the best roster usually win more games than lose. I know I'm smart, it's hard to be humble.
Teams with a mediocre roster can win if they are motivated and train well....that's where the coaching staff come in. But usually they can't maintain that effort week in week out.
Parramatta, South's and the Titans all have rosters good enough to be higher up. (disregarding injuries etc)
A coach like Bennett would have been good for the Eels...get them motivated then have his assistant take over.
Madge is a man's man and I think he could do a similar role. He did it at South's and they won a premiership but he needs the cattle.....Eels have enough to get the job done.
When Madge was at the Tigers he seemingly failed but the whole joint was out of control and they had no marquee players.
SO, Madge is the man. Bring with him a couple of good players and get your team rockin.
Madge will look your players in the eye and won't take any bullshit, that's how he runs but he also cares for his players.
P.S. go the Tigers:)

Eelementary

Post Whore
This needs to happen now or in the next few weeks, and by it I mean get the new coach in now, not next season.

We are headed for the spoon with TBaz in charge for the rest of the season and the damage could be irreparable.

I don't see any real attitude and/or motivation in this team right now.

The 2024 Wooden Spoon is ours to lose - we won't win another game in 2024.

When your captain, and heart and soul of the club - and generally a bloke who always gives 100% - is turning his back on plays, letting in tries...

The team is done.

eels_fan

First Grade
I certain someone may or may not have recently become available after a period of time "in the wilderness". I've heard he's keen throw his now sizable frame into the role, or roll even.

Johnny88

Juniors
NRL 2024: Dragons, Raiders out of race for Wests Tigers star Stefano Utoikamanu, Storm and Eels remain in pursuit
The Raiders have joined the Dragons in withdrawing their interest in pursuing talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu, limiting his options to a potential move interstate or back to his old stomping ground at Parramatta.
David Riccio
Brent Read
and
Michael Carayannis

The urgency for Parramatta to appoint a new head coach has gained further momentum with talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu prepared to wait for the decision before deciding his own future.
The Eels chances of entering the race for Utoikamanu have taken a significant uplift with the revelation that the Raiders have joined St George Illawarra in withdrawing interest in the gun prop.
It leaves the Storm as the only major bidder for his signature, with the Wests Tigers suddenly a chance to retain his services for at least another 12-months.
The Bulldogs and Dolphins are also watching the negotiation process closely and have failed to rule out entering the race.
However, the Eels appointment of their new coach – potentially by the end of this weekend – is of interest to Utoikamanu, who maintains a soft spot for the club that helped develop his game.
Josh Hannay, Jason Ryles, Dean Young and Trent Barrett remain in contention for the Eels job.

Born in Auckland before moving to Sydney’s west, Utoikamanu played with the Cabramatta Two Blues as a junior before featuring in the Eels under-20s team in 2018 and 2019.
He moved to the Wests Tigers in 2021 and has failed to rule out a homecoming to the Eels as he weighs up his future.

Latest posts