What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

• Hollbrook

• Ryles

• Morris

• Cheika

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep no chance we have been chasing him we don't have a million to throw at him while REG and Paulo are here..
Maybe we do have cap space, we only have Paulo, Matterson and Lane (and that's if the last 2 take up their options) in the forwards contracted beyond 2025.....

Said it before, we have a shit load of cash in 4 months to spend (for 2026)....while I reckon some players aren't on any where near what is being suggested...

JokerEel

Coach
Re Hunt... I'm a big No on that. We need to stop going all in with blokes who've played 5 good games in a 50+ game career.

The Shaun Lane deal we're stuck with right now should illustrate why you don't dive in feet first when a bloke produces 3 good games in a 6 week stretch for fear of missing out when the other 90-120 games in his career were rubbish....

"Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet" - African proverb

I do agree I would not be throwing the house at Hunt.

Max 400k 3 year deal that's it..

We have spent way to much on our front Row

JokerEel

Coach
Maybe we do have cap space, we only have Paulo, Matterson and Lane (and that's if the last 2 take up their options) in the forwards contracted beyond 2025.....

Said it before, we have a shit load of cash in 4 months to spend (for 2026)....while I reckon some players aren't on any where near what is being suggested...
Even if we have cap space.

You don't pay a front rower a million a season..

Need to get decent outside backs / wingers.

chiefy1

Bench
💯
Our biggest let down right now

BA destroyed this club. He failed to recognise the game sped up, but he continued with slow chase the collision players. Moses Leiota shiats on Paulo now for half his wage.
And for those fearing we may lose boods arthur, he has zero leg speed and is small. He can put 10kgs in but will turn into a turtle

Last edited:
BA destroyed this club. He failed to recognise the game sped up, but he continued with slow chase the collision players. Moses Leiota shiats on Paulo now for half his wage.
And for those fearing we may lose boods arthur, he has zero leg speed and is small. He can put 10kgs in but will turn into a turtle

but but but the TCT said he was the next Cam Smith

hindy111

Post Whore

Exactly. The faster game started in 2019/2020 yet we extended Jnr,Lane etc in 2021. And recruited guys like Ogden and Greig as back ups while letting guys like Stone go.

JokerEel

Coach
Stephano already has a decent offer from the Tigpies ? $800K

he may have a soft spot for us but good luck getting more than $800K from the Eels

even if we managed to unload Junz and find the space I wouldn't offer him that much

Tigers apparently have pulled their offer...

He wasn't staying ffs Tigers

JokerEel

Coach
Exactly. The faster game started in 2019/2020 yet we extended Jnr,Lane etc in 2021. And recruited guys like Ogden and Greig as back ups while letting guys like Stone go.

Having some big bodies that chase the collision is ok, though having second rowers that are slow as don't put pressure on the defense is where we lost our..

BA did not want to drop Lane or Carty even though the game had past them by...

His stubbornness was his down fall in the end.

Gronk

Staff member
Having some big bodies that chase the collision is ok, though having second rowers that are slow as don't put pressure on the defense is where we lost our..

BA did not want to drop Lane or Carty even though the game had past them by...

His stubbornness was his down fall in the end.
Carty ? Wtf

Latest posts