What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JokerEel

Coach
In the end he left the club worse, at best on par to when he started. I never want him associated with this club again.

100 this..

Compare when Smith left in 06 we still had a decent squad and made the GF 2 seasons later..

BTW unless Payton has already told his players he is leaving Ill pass on him they are playing shit

Would love this to have been a huge double bluff... and for us to be holding back until after Newcastle's game to announce Brian McDermott is taking over as our head coach for 2025 (and to be involved in recruitment and retention decisions from right now).

hindy111

Post Whore
I think it’s high time @Twizzle and LU High Command started interfering with the eels coaching position like every other media outlet.

We are pussycats when it comes to educating the ignorant public.

Hiding under the covers we whisper:

“Do we have a coach yet?”

I think we cut a deal with Hornby and get him over the line. Then he can leak stuff to us over his tenure and we can get the respect we deserve.
The
At least put him up in the shambles of the poll.

I was at the Leichhardt oval. What an atmosphere. Wow. It was a great experience

hindy111

Post Whore
What you posted as wrong and bullshit may very well be correct.
What is also correct is that BA won nothing but a spoon and has led our club into the shite fight we are now in and our last placed position.
Geez, imagine having 11 years as the boss, eventually being sacked and seeing the club being wooden spoon contenders.
What an achievement!!

He was a disaster yet merkin want to defend him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. The faster game started in 2019/2020 yet we extended Jnr,Lane etc in 2021. And recruited guys like Ogden and Greig as back ups while letting guys like Stone go.
We had a style that worked for us and we were in a premiership window. At the end of 2021 there was massive hope. We would’ve been mad to start a rebuild.