What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels plan to sign Peats

natheel

Coach
Hey guys,

So pretty much what the title of the thread suggests. We are apparently looking at Peats and the article suggests Souths are happy to let him go should he seek a release so they can keep the Burgess boys.

What do you guys think of him? Would he be a good pick up for us? I think he would be especially with his utility value (if it happens of course).

Would you be upset if you lost him?

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-hatch-plan-to-get-their-hooks-into-peats-20130711-2pt6j.html

Big Sam

First Grade
Only in March Peats re-signed for 2014 and 2015: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-di...-Nathan-Peats-for-Seasons-2014-and-2015/69910

I suppose the main thing that's happened since then is that both Burgess twins would've seen their stocks rise considerably, giving credence to the idea that we need to shed a player to keep them long-term. Tom is off contract at the end of the year and George is off contract at the end of next year. Sam and Luke are contracted for longer than the twins.

He would certainly be a good pick-up for Parra. He is after all a Rep player. However I would not want the club to release him. We would have no back-up #9 of first grade standard were he to leave.

The other thing that's changed since March is that Issac is playing close to 80 mins each game. There have been at least 5 instances this season when Peats has had less than 10 minutes gametime. At Parra he would be an 80 minute player.

natheel

Coach
Yeh I know he reassigned that's why it says they're happy to release him if needed. Yeh he would become our starting 9 with Kaysa Pritchard coming on for small stints. And also if needed can play backrow

Could have legs,I must admit I was surprised Peats signed on again.Massive call for him to make,especially in light of an impending move of Sutton to the pack next season.

southsport

First Grade
Peats is a quality player and would be a good signing for the eels........would be sorry to see him go.

BranVan3000

Coach
He is a better back rower IMO. Bit of a glory hunter and makes some wrong decisions at hooker, so he'd need further training

t10do

Juniors
I must say that I am another person who does not believe his best position is (back up) hooker. A more than decent utility player, yes, but as has been mentioned, I would be more than happy for the likes of Koroisau/Keary to cover that position should he decide to go. Great tackler, but again, the likes of Clark I reckon can do the same thing. In any case, let's first wait and see.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Poor kid is never going to win a premiership..

Haha!

Oh...Now I'm depressed... :(

Seriously, though - quality player, is Nathan Peats. I'd be happy if we landed his signature.

And as much as it would suck for him to sign for the reigning Spooners, he could at least take comfort in knowing he'd walk into our First Grade line-up with ease - whereas he's stuck behind a great player in Luke at the Bunnies.

And this is off topic, but I am on the Rabbitohs bandwagon for 2013 - it would be awesome to see the Bunnies win the title in 2013. They're playing great footy.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Haha!

Oh...Now I'm depressed... :(

Seriously, though - quality player, is Nathan Peats. I'd be happy if we landed his signature.

And as much as it would suck for him to sign for the reigning Spooners, he could at least take comfort in knowing he'd walk into our First Grade line-up with ease - whereas he's stuck behind a great player in Luke at the Bunnies.

And this is off topic, but I am on the Rabbitohs bandwagon for 2013 - it would be awesome to see the Bunnies win the title in 2013. They're playing great footy.

This; It could be the main reason he leaves, and so he should, he's too good to be behind anyone and would walk into most first grade teams.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This; It could be the main reason he leaves, and so he should, he's too good to be behind anyone and would walk into most first grade teams.

Agreed.

I like Matt Keating because he's a great defender and he has always done his job at 100% of his ability and with a great attitude, but he's just not a great hooker.

But I think Peats is a gun, and he comes from a winning culture at Souths. If we could land him, we'd be looking OK for next year IMO.

DC_fan

Coach
A while back I thought he was going to develop in to a top line player. But has never really reached that level, and I now doubt he ever will. A solid player, the type every team needs. Won't let you down, but won't win you games either. Not sure he is the type of player Parramatta really needs if they want to get off the bottom.

A while back I thought he was going to develop in to a top line player. But has never really reached that level, and I now doubt he ever will. A solid player, the type every team needs. Won't let you down, but won't win you games either. Not sure he is the type of player Parramatta really needs if they want to get off the bottom.

DC,he still is better than anyone currently playing in the Parra pack.