What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels plan to sign Peats

rabbitohs95

Bench
I dunno DC, last year against the Tigers with Luke out he got ymthe first two tries, basically setting up our momentum to get that win.

DC_fan

Coach
I dunno DC, last year against the Tigers with Luke out he got ymthe first two tries, basically setting up our momentum to get that win.

That was around the time I thought he could even push for a starting spot. Just hasn't built on that. Solid player is all he will ever be. I would like to think we will keep him.

natheel

Coach
I'm hearing its a done deal and we also have cameron king coming too. So maybe we got peats for a lock? IMO that's better

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm hearing its a done deal and we also have cameron king coming too. So maybe we got peats for a lock? IMO that's better

Sad to hear from a bias perspective but glad to hear he should be getting a starting spot, he easily deserves it and it sounds good now Parra are going into the player market doing a great job.

natheel

Coach
Sad to hear from a bias perspective but glad to hear he should be getting a starting spot, he easily deserves it and it sounds good now Parra are going into the player market doing a great job.

If true I think peats at lock is a good move.

11. Hock
12. Tanginoa
13. Peats

Hard working back row

BunniesMan

Immortal
If it happens I'll be sad without being angry.

We cannot keep everyone. Every good team has to lose some players. We can only hope to ensure our core players are Souths for life. Sadly, Peats isn't one of those. He is a luxury in our squad when the cap doesn't allow for luxuries.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think Peats is very much in the Hinchcliffe/Hilder mould of utility player rather than a straight up hooker. Alright for a short stint at dummy half and as a back-up, but not ideal as your first choice number 9. If the Eels have nabbed King then I'd be over the moon with Peats coming. If Peats is to be the primary hooker, however, I wouldn't see it as much of an upgrade on Matt Keating.

byrner

Juniors
If it happens I'll be sad without being angry.

We cannot keep everyone. Every good team has to lose some players. We can only hope to ensure our core players are Souths for life. Sadly, Peats isn't one of those. He is a luxury in our squad when the cap doesn't allow for luxuries.

Wow BM, first post of yours iv read that hasnt made me want to punch you in the face. I will make sure I read things from the souths forum more often to get a balanced view of you.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Peats deserves to play more than a few minutes each game.

If he does have to leave, then I don't mind him going to the Eels.

I hope he kicks on there and he will be exactly the kind of guy they probably need to lighten the mood off the park.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd like to see him at our club he's got a bit to offer and will improve our team, and I hope he comes with a premiership ring so he can fire up his new team mates for the 2014 season.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I can empathise with the Parra supporters at the moment. Having to put up with the rocks/diamonds crap Sandow puts out and sitting on the bottom of the ladder all year. That was us not long ago. They'll climb out of it - happy to see someone with the calibre of Peats go to them to help out what is an ordinary 6/7/9 combo at the moment. He deserves a starting spot. In 2012 he played 9 games at starting hooker and that's where he plays his best football. We haven't gotten much out of him off the bench this year. Good move for both parties. I wish him all the best if he does leave.

BranVan3000

Coach
I can empathise with the Parra supporters at the moment. Having to put up with the rocks/diamonds crap Sandow puts out and sitting on the bottom of the ladder all year. That was us not long ago. They'll climb out of it - happy to see someone with the calibre of Peats go to them to help out what is an ordinary 6/7/9 combo at the moment. He deserves a starting spot. In 2012 he played 9 games at starting hooker and that's where he plays his best football. We haven't gotten much out of him off the bench this year. Good move for both parties. I wish him all the best if he does leave.

I think his best footy is at lock, but he doesn't have the build to make as big of an impact as he could there. A solid 10kg of muscle and he would be an elite level backrower

He needs to decide where his future is with regards to position

Nathan Peats Requests Release from the Final Two Years of his Contract to Join Eels
Words: Rabbitohs Media Release I Photo: Grant Trouville - nrlphotos.com
Tuesday 23 July 2013 2:00 PM
Nathan Peats Requests Release from the Final Two Years of his Contract to Join Eels
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have granted a contract release to Nathan Peats after receiving a request to release him from the remaining two years of his contract to join the Parramatta Eels from the beginning of season 2014.
Peats, a South Sydney junior, made the request for the release this month so he could join the Eels from next season, and will remain an important part of the Rabbitohs’ squad for the rest of the 2013 season.
Peats captained the Rabbitohs’ under 20s side to a Grand Final in 2010 before making his NRL debut against the Sea Eagles the following season. Peats has gone on to represent the Indigenous All Stars on two occasions in 2012 and 2013, as well as City Origin in 2013.
Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire says Peats will continue to help the Rabbitohs achieve their goals for season 2013.
“Peatsy is an important player in our squad and I’m sure he’ll be putting his best foot forward to play a part in our first grade side for the rest of this season,” Coach Maguire said.
“He sees a greater opportunity to further his career at the Eels and we wish him the best of luck with the move next year, but our focus remains on this year and we look forward to seeing Peatsy perform at his best in the red and green for the rest of the season.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-di...-Two-Years-of-his-Contract-to-Join-Eels/80044