What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels players on the market

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Im pretty confident Williams is as good as gone. To my knowledge, money is not the key in his negotiations, He wants to be a permanent fixture in First Grade whether at the Eels or another rival club. It does not look good for the Eels with Burt, Hayne, Grothe all ranked in front of him.

yy_cheng

Coach
If he stayed next year, I reckon he'll be real close to that 1st grade wing spot with Hayne -> FB

Avenger

Immortal
If Green leaves I give up. Hopefully Feleti will stay also. I know nothing; (I am currently in Bosnia on the slowest computer in the world), however surely we are not that stupid to let Morris leave without a suitable replacement.

We should also throw everything now at Creagh and Simpson. Hill will also be a great signing but I would prefer Hunt over him.

Carl Webb would also do nicely.

Cheers everyone.

Bazal

Post Whore
Avenger said:
If Green leaves I give up. Hopefully Feleti will stay also. I know nothing; (I am currently in Bosnia on the slowest computer in the world), however surely we are not that stupid to let Morris leave without a suitable replacement.

We should also throw everything now at Creagh and Simpson. Hill will also be a great signing but I would prefer Hunt over him.

Carl Webb would also do nicely.

Cheers everyone.

Webb re-signed with Nth Qld at the start of the season didn't he?

Angry_eel

First Grade
jayjayselmes said:
maybe your right angry but hell not worth 240k a season
i know mate i regret signing him. i mean its hurt his career as much as his injuries have hurt us.

bartman

Immortal
Avenger said:
I know nothing; (I am currently in Bosnia on the slowest computer in the world)
Poor buggar! Enjoy the remainder of your trip, hope there's some good post-June 30 news for you to come back to.

Cannings has had the worst injury run, if he's willing to take a pay cut to try conquer his demons for the Eels, then he's worth having in our extended squad.

James_Hardie

Juniors
V1er said:
If Delaney and Cannings dont sign by friday, would it be an idea for parra to use that money into increasing the offers for williams and green, or using the money to buy new players?
Make that Thursday (today). If Delaney doesn't like what he is being offered, why risk losing somone else. Pull it off the table at 10am today and revert some cash into an improved offer for Green. One of the two (all be it in a lower grade) has been showing improvement and plays in a position we have no quality in. The other has done nothing to suggest he will be a quality first grade footballer.

The Colonel

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:
maybe your right angry but hell not worth 240k a season

Had it confirmed to me that Cannings was on nowhere near that amount earlier in the season - exactly I don't know how much but it wasn't that much. It was another media myth.

Freak2

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Had it confirmed to me that Cannings was on nowhere near that amount earlier in the season - exactly I don't know how much but it wasn't that much. It was another media myth.

I was going to suggest the same. My understanding was it was about half that!!

I think Cannings can be our next Paul Stringer! Once right with injury and commitment I think we will all see a different Cannings. He has game and will be good for us over the next couple of years (if re-signed)

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:

I think Cannings can be our next Paul Stringer! Once right with injury and commitment I think we will all see a different Cannings. He has game and will be good for us over the next couple of years (if re-signed)

His arm (among other injuries) has been his biggest down fall. Given the amount he has come back from it wouldn't be hard to lose some motivation. When he dislocated his shoulder the twenty minutes he was on the field he scored a try and was buldozing over the line. Like Michael Weyman if he can stay on the field he is an asset.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:

he's just got to stay on the field, that alone is a big challenge for Az.