What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

ash411

Bench
From the plumbers contract negotiations
Who negotiated his contract?

Manly's Kieran Foran agrees two-year deal with Parramatta, with option to extend by two further years
Updated 3 Jul 2015, 5:09pm

Parramatta has confirmed the signing of New Zealand five-eighth Kieran Foran for next year.

Foran has signed a rich four-year NRL deal with the Eels after a protracted contract saga.

He will join the western Sydney club from Manly next season on a two-year contract, with an option for a further two, on a deal worth $4.8 million.

Foran almost walked away from the deal after Parramatta sought to amend his contract which was originally signed in March.

The Eels went back to the negotiating table after discovering a $1 million get out clause in Foran's deal which had been put together by previous chief executive Scott Seward. Scott Seward.

The get-out clause has been removed however the deal does allow Foran to walk away should Eels coach Brad Arthur be sacked.

The two parties signed off on the deal on Friday and Eels chairman Steve Sharp thanked Foran for his handling of the difficult issue.

"Kieran has been very professional while the club worked through the process and I thank him for his approach," Eels chairman Sharp said.

"I would also like to thank our members and fans for their patience throughout this process with a good result for all achieved in the end."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...deal-with-eels2c-with-option-of-furth/6594062

ash411

Bench
I am gloating because if you read back in this thread the amount of times I was not only challenged (which is fine) but ridiculed because I stated that he was an overrated player with questionable associations was unprecedented.

Djay, Bigfella, phantom, HJ and ashley just to name a few. There are many more.

Now eat some humble pie you f**king deros.
You'd probably have been happy if he'd got cancer I bet, you f*cking grub.

Humble pie my ass. Love you vengie.

Dibs

Bench
maybe you should start doing it then
What posting bring back spags? Why bother you say it more than enough. If you mean like your bring back spags post you can go f*ck yourself. You showed your class with your comment about Kent. It makes no sense to me how such a shit human being can have an official role on this forum. Every other one seems to be sensible and partial you are just gutter trash and if I was as classless as you I would wish some debilitating disease in you. However I have a small amount of class so I won't

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Blah blah blah!!! Answer the question did Watmough offer more last year then Scott has this year??? Move the goal posts all you want it was a simple enough question.
He played less games, but contributed more on the field. Scott has been able to sit back and just defend. He has done it well, but couldn't have done it without so much quality around him. He is probably on a bit less than Watmough however, for this reason.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree with you about playing for another team but I also maintain that his release benefits our cap situation hence why I think that his termination started at our end rather than a bolt from the blue from him.
Yep. I reckon he was driven out after the NRL determined to include his TPAs under the cap.

Happy MEel

First Grade
He played less games, but contributed more on the field. Scott has been able to sit back and just defend. He has done it well, but couldn't have done it without so much quality around him. He is probably on a bit less than Watmough however, for this reason.

Looking at the stats on nrl.com, I'd argue their onfield contribution is similar, with Beau coming out on top. In the same number of games, Watmough has more runs and run metres per game, and slightly more tackles (548 vs 504). However, he has 23 more missed tackles and 2 more errors. Scott also has an additional line break, an extra try and almost double the number of offloads.

Watmough produces more effort but Scott has more quality.

El Diablo

Post Whore
What posting bring back spags? Why bother you say it more than enough. If you mean like your bring back spags post you can go f*ck yourself. You showed your class with your comment about Kent. It makes no sense to me how such a shit human being can have an official role on this forum. Every other one seems to be sensible and partial you are just gutter trash and if I was as classless as you I would wish some debilitating disease in you. However I have a small amount of class so I won't
well you want someone to like your posts

and i couldn't give two f**ks what you think

you deserve it too

Avenger

Immortal
yeah sure, no problem.. whatever you reckon.

Go back to following Eels staffers and sifting through the dumpsters at Parra Leagues..
Like I have always suspected you are either very young or somewhat geniused. Please Ashley get some help if it's the latter.

Kornstar

Coach
Dont get me wrong, i think tim is great ... but he hasnt been given the captaincy back now ... BA definitely wants something a bit different

Agreed, club captain is better for him as he is a great ambassador for the club but on the field I like what we've had this year.

I am gloating because if you read back in this thread the amount of times I was not only challenged (which is fine) but ridiculed because I stated that he was an overrated player with questionable associations was unprecedented.

Djay, Bigfella, phantom, HJ and ashley just to name a few. There are many more.

Now eat some humble pie you f**king deros.

I don't remember bagging anyone about Foran. I could be wrong but that memory is just not there...

ash411

Bench
Like I have always suspected you are either very young or somewhat geniused. Please Ashley get some help if it's the latter.
No problems, will do.

Can you pick me up and drive me there when you're done sifting? Just make sure to wash all the shit off your nose and tongue yeah?

caylo

Bench
Looking at the stats on nrl.com, I'd argue their onfield contribution is similar, with Beau coming out on top. In the same number of games, Watmough has more runs and run metres per game, and slightly more tackles (548 vs 504). However, he has 23 more missed tackles and 2 more errors. Scott also has an additional line break, an extra try and almost double the number of offloads.

Watmough produces more effort but Scott has more quality.
For me the most important stat is our improved defence on the RHS. Also Scott played most of the year on the edge which probably why he has more offloads and try assists and less meters and tackles.
Again an example of why stats can't be trusted. The real important stat is the error rate - watmough over played his hand for the first 5-10 weeks while Scott came in with a strong mentality