What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Salary cap is not working look at the Cowboys and Broncos and how many rep players they have in thier teams and still manage to re-sign players like Coote. I bet Gillette stays at the Broncos too.
Compare those 2 rosters to the knights and tigers and then tell how even the comp is and how well the salary cap is working?
Who said it anyway? Was it Greenberg or Grant?

A lot of NQ players are staying at the club for a lot less money than they can get elsewhere (JT and Taumalolo especially). Lifestyle, coaching staff, other players, who knows why?? NQ/Townsville doesn't really have a 'big end of town' scene either so I would be highly surprised if any player other than JT and Matt Scott have a TPA with anything other than a local business that would be struggling to give any player a signifigant top up (having been back up there last weekend, the town has gone to utter shit $$$$ wise as there is a massive amount of businesses gone under from observation on the bus ride out to the stadium and the fact my investment property has dropped significantly in price over the last 3 years are a testament to this)

We developed most of our players as well, there's not really a player that was an established 'star' at another club that we've then gone on to sign other than maybe Coote, but he was seen as an injury prone fullback parading as a half that we got for a relative bargain. You might find there is a bit of loyalty amongst the NQ boys for the chance they have been given by the club.

Fingers crossed you guys get through this with minimal f$&@ around. Always had a soft spot for Parra when I lived in Sydney. The 2001 was a complete joy to watch in person every few weeks. Still one of the best 'teams' I have ever seen, they all just clicked.

You fans deserve better than the off field shit the muppets in charge have been dishing up for you for the last few years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How many times do we have to answer the same question? There's nothing in the rules to say that we have to be punished in the same season as the breaches occur. And....the breaches can be for failure to disclose, not just for exceeding the cap.

Where do you get this idea that there's some 4 point maximum penalty if we are compliant in the current year?
No cap compliant club has ever copped a points suspension mate, i could cop the 4 points after all we were asked if we had any more to disclose and we didn't. But any more would be an absolute joke on a cap compliant team.

phantom eel

First Grade
Fingers crossed you guys get through this with minimal f$&@ around. Always had a soft spot for Parra when I lived in Sydney. The 2001 was a complete joy to watch in person every few weeks. Still one of the best 'teams' I have ever seen, they all just clicked.

You fans deserve better than the off field shit the muppets in charge have been dishing up for you for the last few years.
Good on you Beave. No dramas, one team towns have a lot of advantages in terms of retaining players for less than their apparent (Sydney, market) value.

I think Parra fans are just dirty that the NRL have supposedly looked at 700,000 documents to try and find something to pin on us, when the same level of scrutinydoesn't seem to be applied across the other 15 clubs. Let's hope for the good of the game this gets sorted and we all move forward.

No cap compliant club has ever copped a points suspension mate, i could cop the 4 points after all we were asked if we had any more to disclose and we didn't. But any more would be an absolute joke on a cap compliant team.

The points suspension related to implementing governance reforms...which we did...and that suspended penalty is gone...vamoose. If we cop a 4 point penalty is as likely to be b/c that is threshold above which we can use the NRL's own appeals process.

Gronk

Staff member
Chris Walker ‏@iam_chriswalker 40m40 minutes ago
I hope the NRL don't take points off @TheParraEels don't punish the players, the game and more importantly the FANS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.