What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
It all seems like such a big coincidence thou. Watmoughs new injury - Salary cap over by $570K . Watmough on 750k so if he gets dated to start of feb should get 75-80% off which matches quite nicely. :)

If it was a family member of yours who had been charged by police, would you tell them to just accept the charge & plead guilty, or fight the charge if they thought there was a chance of a reduction or overturn of the charge?

If you do the wrong thing, you cop the penalty and learn a lesson. Simple lessson of life......you teach kids right from wrong and there are consequenced to every action

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
People complaining about what happens when we make the 8, should consider Gus's comment on twitter:

If they are under cap they should play for points. If they give everyone 9 weeks start & make top 8, they deserve it

Anyway, Greenburg has possibly made a rod for his own back by plucking this punishment out of his arse. What happens when the next cheats are caught preseason, 5 million over the cap? And the cheats after them are caught in round 14, twenty bucks over?

If you do the wrong thing, you cop the penalty and learn a lesson. Simple lessson of life......you teach kids right from wrong and there are consequenced to every action

So, if you are accused of 10 offences, and you know you are guilty of, say, 6 of them, you should accept the other 4 that you honestly believe or know that you didn't do?

That is what we are facing at the moment.

Kornstar

Coach
yy, if you add tax disclosure to such a system then it becomes a lot easier. Would be a little trickier to get it through the RLPA, though.

For me it's easy, put the onus on the club, the player manager and the player. They will have their contract with an appendix attached with all their approved TPA's and where the money will come from and when and the reference that will be used.

That won't stop dodgy stuff I guess but it will make the player and player manager accountable if it all falls to shit which has not been the case for the dogs or storm.

If the player manager and player can't play dumb then that may take away temptation. At the end of the day you should be able to manage your bank account to know where payments are coming from.

Doctors get payments left right and centre and work much more than an NRL player and they manage to reconcile (trust me I know this) and know where and when they were or were not paid.

Chipmunk

Coach
So, if you are accused of 10 offences, and you know you are guilty of, say, 6 of them, you should accept the other 4 that you honestly believe or know that you didn't do?

That is what we are facing at the moment.

Hence the NRL Strategy to nip it in the bud and get everyone to accept everything and just move on...

We appear at the moment to be caught between a rock and a hard place...

yy_cheng

Coach
For me it's easy, put the onus on the club, the player manager and the player. They will have their contract with an appendix attached with all their approved TPA's and where the money will come from and when and the reference that will be used.

That won't stop dodgy stuff I guess but it will make the player and player manager accountable if it all falls to shit which has not been the case for the dogs or storm.

If the player manager and player can't play dumb then that may take away temptation. At the end of the day you should be able to manage your bank account to know where payments are coming from.

Doctors get payments left right and centre and work much more than an NRL player and they manage to reconcile (trust me I know this) and know where and when they were or were not paid.

Why should a pkayer reveal to the nrl all his bank accounts? Or his wife's or mother's, because thats where the illegal money will go

Last edited:

^b0ss^

Juniors
Starting to sound like a storm in a tea cup if watmough hasnt played a game and all the TPA have been added to the cap.

What you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.