What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
big woop, nothing to do with them

be very surprised if there is any truth in that

Delboy

First Grade
I think you will find that the usual suspect called the OLGA on this and I was told Raaaay followed it up today with a rant above Bevan Paul. I didn't listen but my son was driving to Canberra for the Catholic schools trials this morning and called me and asked who and what was Raaaay referring to

Kornstar

Coach
Why should a pkayer reveal to the nrl all his bank accounts? Or his wife's or mother's, because thats where the illegal money will go

The player doesn't have to give his account number. He just needs the schedule of payments along with the NRL.

It about them not being able to get out of it like the dogs and storm players may have. Making everyone accountable at least makes more people think about the potential consequences if they involve themselves in shady deals.

^b0ss^

Juniors
The only person smiling after the notice for the NRL was fitzy,he was genuinely happy and adding more should be done.lol what a prick.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you will find that the usual suspect called the OLGA on this and I was told Raaaay followed it up today with a rant above Bevan Paul. I didn't listen but my son was driving to Canberra for the Catholic schools trials this morning and called me and asked who and what was Raaaay referring to

they are only interested in the liquor license and gambling issues at the leagues club, not sure how they can be concerned about how the footy club spends it cash but I'm open for suggestions

eels_fan

First Grade
I'm still questioning how they have the ability to strip the 9s title off us given it is financed and run by another company, not the nrl, and there is no salary cap provision for the competition

strider

Post Whore
Im watching the replay of nrl360 now ... this is hilarious ... they are all but frothing at the mouth :lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
For anyone thinking we should just accept the NRL's findings and move on:

Parramatta's internal point man on fixing their cap dilemma - former NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert - has produced a plan to take to headquarters.

Fairfax Media has been told by sources at the Eels that they were under the cap by $200,000 as of last month. Schubert's latest sums, which include the exit of Ryan Morgan to Melbourne and third-party deals they've subsequently been breached for, are understood to have them in a best-case scenario having to shed about $150,000 from their roster.

The Eels believe there are some anomalies in the way the NRL has calculated their cap position including some entries being double counted and are looking to work through them with salary cap auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown.

The NRL indicated on Thursday their cap blowout could be revised during the preliminary breach notice period based on discussions with L'Oste Brown, with a similar development occurring last year when a $525,000 fine for other cap excesses was later reduced to $465,000.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...finalise-salary-cap-plan-20160505-gong2h.html

strider

Post Whore
How the f**k do you issue a punishment and then hold a press conference to announce your findings and they may be potentially wrong and double counted?

How bad are your own internal procedures if you can't get this right?

The eels arent the only piss poor managed organisation in the country ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
How the f**k do you issue a punishment and then hold a press conference to announce your findings and they may be potentially wrong and double counted?

How bad are your own internal procedures if you can't get this right?

you are talking about the mob that has had staff quitting all year and made a loss as well

Chipmunk

Coach
For anyone thinking we should just accept the NRL's findings and move on:

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...finalise-salary-cap-plan-20160505-gong2h.html

Well this is an interesting development...

I'm glad we have Schubert on board. I doubt there is a person more qualified to take the NRL on over their salary cap position than Schuey... They would also surely have to respect his opinion on the matters and for the most consider him fairly independent.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Gerard says the breach notice doesn't even show how the NRL came up with their figure, am I understanding that right? The NRL tell us we're over but won't say how?

Status
Not open for further replies.