What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djay

Juniors
Not sure if this had been asked I've had a look back to see if I can find an answer but haven't.

Tomorrow in court if the judge believes that the 5 have a legitimate argument can the judge over rule the NRL's decision to not allow us to accrue points while they still haven't stepped down?

Don't know anywhere near enough in regards to the legal system so it may be a silly question.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That was my initial reaction on Tuesday as well mate but (attempting to phrase this in a way that won't cause trouble) if the tip I got is correct DA might actually be desperately unlucky to be caught up in this all.

I sorta remember having a private conversation with you regarding DA, I said it would end in tears...I was right unfortunately, it was a really really poor appointment

Not sure if this had been asked I've had a look back to see if I can find an answer but haven't.

Tomorrow in court if the judge believes that the 5 have a legitimate argument can the judge over rule the NRL's decision to not allow us to accrue points while they still haven't stepped down?

Don't know anywhere near enough in regards to the legal system so it may be a silly question.

I don't think that is part of the argument at this stage. It is about whether the NRL can force the directors out the NRL club and refuse to deal with those directors in terms of the response to the breach notice.

I think there would be a legal case against this, as well.

If this was an option as a punishment then the 5 were not told (hence the injunction, at least partly).

If the NRL began conducting this investigation before the season began, they could have given warning of this potential option and allowed the 5 to step down until the process was over, thus fulfilling the criteria the NRL want before points become accruable.

This did not occur. The opportunity was not given by the NRL. The 5, and the club, were not given the opportunity to accrue points in a fair fashion. When it was only after 9 rounds that this punishment was revealed as an option, it was too late for the club to get itself into a position to compete for the full season.

This is the fault of the NRL for not disclosing this potential option prior to the season starting.

As such, it's possible that the court would not accept this as a legitimate criteria for withholding points and it would be waived.

Wow, mate you've out done yourself. I completely disagree. Now stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking and join us on planet earth.

Forty20

First Grade
I sorta remember having a private conversation with you regarding DA, I said it would end in tears...I was right unfortunately, it was a really really poor appointment

Oh no arguments from me there mate. You held a perfectly reasonable stance and moving forward I won't take issue if the club restructure/replace that role. Just saying there is a chance that DA wasn't a great fit for his role but wasn't necessarily anywhere near the heart of the subterfuge and cheating.

Kornstar

Coach
Oh no arguments from me there mate. You held a perfectly reasonable stance and moving forward I won't take issue if the club restructure/replace that role. Just saying there is a chance that DA wasn't a great fit for his role but wasn't necessarily anywhere near the heart of the subterfuge and cheating.

He certainly wasn't in that specific role in 2013 either. Didn't he move into the role when Seward left?

Forty20

First Grade
He certainly wasn't in that specific role in 2013 either. Didn't he move into the role when Seward left?

Think so mate. IIRC, after Seward went 'rogue' there was a restructuring of the higher level football operations to bring it under DA.

Gronk

Staff member
Andy Raymond ‏@Andy_Raymond 1h1 hour ago
Parra to make the 8 has come in from $9.00 to $7.00 in a hurry.
Must be some real believers out there! �� #NRL

Gronk

Staff member
LeagueHeadlines ‏@LeagueHeadlines 40m40 minutes ago
EELS CAP: Triple M #breaking Anthony Watmough says he’s ready to hang up his boots if it helps get Parramatta under the salary cap #NRL

Gronk

Staff member
Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 1h1 hour ago
Breaking: Parramatta has officially tabled an application with the NRL relating to Anthony Watmough and career-ending injury.

Kornstar

Coach
Think so mate. IIRC, after Seward went 'rogue' there was a restructuring of the higher level football operations to bring it under DA.

I'm not defending him either before people jump down my throat, i just know it is a relative new role for him from when Seward left.

Wow, mate you've out done yourself. I completely disagree. Now stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking and join us on planet earth.

On the point regarding the GO5 I concede I may be wrong. It doesn't fall into my are of experience.

As such, I'm more than happy for people to respond and explain how I am in error.

Except you. You I will ignore, for obvious reasons.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Channel 9 news says watmough has summitted the forms to the NRL for retirement,Also eels mayor claims we are under the cap for this yr and if its found to be true to we get our points back?.

Status
Not open for further replies.