What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
the board lied it's ass off to the NRL for months (and us members too).

If Schubert is right and Watmough brings us under the cap by say $300k we should go sign someone else for say $200k to take his spot on the roster.
Wouldn't Kent's head explode then lol

yy_cheng

Coach
The main reason we are so far ovee the cap is the NRL have put all our 3rd party payments on our cap.

No other club has their 3rd party payments on their cao.

That's because they think we arranged all our tpa instead of finding out which ones are legitimate

yy_cheng

Coach
the board lied it's ass off to the NRL for months (and us members too).

If Schubert is right and Watmough brings us under the cap by say $300k we should go sign someone else for say $200k to take his spot on the roster.
Wouldn't Kent's head explode then lol

If schubert is right, can we sure for defamation? Make the nrl broke

Avenger

Immortal
I don't know about that, but we could have a fair case to get out 12pts back and reduce the fine.

If Choc is updated to February we will have a very good case to reduce the points deduction to 4 points if Sharp and co stand down. Very good case which should be negotiated prior to any court action.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don't know about that, but we could have a fair case to get out 12pts back and reduce the fine.

If you ask any non parra fan they all think we are big cheats. What about a class action from us fans for mental distress that the nrl has caused us

IFR33K

Coach
If Choc is updated to February we will have a very good case to reduce the points deduction to 4 points if Sharp and co stand down. Very good case which should be negotiated prior to any court action.

This.

If we have been caught cheating, yet we are below the cap, there's no way the players, fans or coach should be punished!!!

Piss the directors off, fine the club and move on!!!

Todd Greenberg has constantly stated that we have been playing with a roster that is over the cap (over $500k) and until we are under it we play for no points. This is how the NRL have come to the 12 points deduction figure. NRL contracts are registered from November in the preceding year for the upcoming season . If now Watmough retires and it is backdated to when he sustained his career ending injury in February then we have been under the cap since that time. Assuming the NRL got it right in the first place and not double counted as now reported my rough calculations tell me that we have a solid case to ask for a point penalty reduction possibly in the realm of the 4 points which was suspended prior to the season starting.

So, basically, I've been right all along?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Seriously, and we need to be careful about getting ahead of ourselves here, but essentially if this is proven true, we've just lost 12 points for being $150k over the cap??

if it's true we have lost 12 points and been fined $1,000,000 for being $200,000 under the cap :crazy:

HJ, did I say you were wrong ?

No, mate.

Just that you have a bit more good oil than me and, I'm guessing, a bit more inside info.

I'm kinda hoping that this isn't just your calculations but maybe a bit of confirmation of what other people are now thinking?

Dibs

Bench
There is a few theories being bounced around and some seem plausible. However I think it may all be irelevant. The idea the nrl are trying to rush us into accepting their findings seems plausible. If that doesn't work they may even concede some of their stipulations and give us some points back. If they keep us in the competition tv ratings won't suffer, nor will crowd figures. Then if by some chance we manage to fight our way into the 8 they will pull out something they are holding in reserve. They have stated the investigation is ongoing and further punishments are possible. I honestly believe they won't want us anywhere near the finals and have a contingency plan just in case

Parra

Referee
Isn't it funny that everyone believes News Limited but nobody believes Fairfax?

Also who is Foxtel and Paul merkin controlled by?

This has been one of the biggest stitchups of alltime.

Same merkins. Still pissed we didn't sign in 1995

Well we need to get on to this quick, like tomorrow and give the evidence we have to proof it to the NRL, or should we wait til the approve watmough's retirement first then hit them with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.