What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Wow. If the Australian got it correct, there could be a massive hole in the NRL case against us. We may not get all our points back, but there should be little problem in getting cap compliant by next Friday.

I would love to know how we cheated by $3m if all our TPAs over 3 seasons only totaled $760k. Was the rest the direct payments?

Ironically the Broncos and Roosters probably have moe than $1m in TPAs annually.

The NRL secret recordings of our board meetings, which were published today, indicate that Seward was of the understanding that the Roosters have got $1.5 million in TPAs

Parra

Referee
Leaks everywhere as usual.

Pretending there is any governance at either our club or the NRL is a joke.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well, you may see them that way, but as far as the law is concerned they are a corporation whose members comprise the independent panel and the NRL clubs, formed for the purpose of promoting, running the game etc. Clubs are invited to play in the NRL and agree to a code of conduct in doing so, which sets out the NRL's right to penalise and in what circumstances, and clubs right to respond. To the extent that the code of conduct denies natural justice it is challengeable. But issues like 'can they penalise you in a particular season for breaches committed in another season' have zero chance of being successfully challenged.

The NRL only exists because the fans of the sport and the 16 NRL clubs let them exists to administer the sport. Without the fans and the 16 NRL clubs on board, there would be no NRL.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
So heres my theory of the day ...

The NRL wants our board leaders gone. And probably rightly so. We've f**ked up plenty.

They did the biggest investigation in the world. Just ask em. They found stuff. But not massive amounts of stuff.

There was alot of speculation and sources that the findings would be minimal. We know shit gets leaked. Was this correct info? Maybe

But something/someone convinced greenburg/whoever to try and go hard at the last minute. So they decided to go with something that is circumstantial and all over the place, but talk it up massively, whilst also playing mr nice guy.

I dont cop the, i didnt like what happened to the storm crap. If we are the worst cheaters ever then f**kin hammer us.

I am totally onboard with Chipmunks theory from days back.

The NRL is playing a game to get a result they want. The breach is there but not the massive thing they claim. I never trusted greenburg.

Do you right dummies book? Eels for dummies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I dont cop the, i didnt like what happened to the storm crap. If we are the worst cheaters ever then f**kin hammer us.

Andrew Webster make a point on 2ky BSB comparing us to the storm and why we are getting the chance to pay for points. Storm were over $1million in 2010 on a $4million cap while we are alleged to be only $570k over on $6.7 million cap.

TK also made the point some players signed two contracts.

yy_cheng

Coach
I found out what's wrong

in their spreadsheet, instead of =sum(A1:A255000) they should've had
=sum(A1:A365)

It seems they are double dipping with the punishment though Baz. We have been over the cap 5 of the last 6 years, because they seemed to have counted last years TPA's in last years and this years figures. They can't tell us that we were over last years cap because those TPA's were dodgy and because they were dodgy we are going to add them to this years cap. Oh wait now you are over this years cap as well.

That's not the question I (thought I) was answering, though.

Yes, we definitely have to make sure that particular payments under a TPA are only counted once per season, in terms of the punishment to be meted out. But the year in which the points deduction is applied is within the NRL discretion. Rolling the payments into 2016, and requiring us to get under the 2016 cap with those included, is part of the 'punishment' for prior year breaches, I would assume. But, if that is the case, and the only reason we are over the 2016 cap is because they rolled the previous year TPAs foreward should not contribute to our points penalty. There's 2 subtly different issues there (1: what expenditure are we allowed to have this year and 2) what is the penalty for having exceeded that amount in 2016). The rolling forward can affect 1) but shouldn't affect 2) in my eyes anyway.

Djay

Juniors
BREAKING: Moley hearing Steve Sharp will finally cop the tip and QUIT @TheParraEels today
#abouttime

Mole on Twitter saying Sharp could quit today, gonna get very interesting.

Edit: On my phone don't know how to quote it properly.

Parra

Referee
We still haven't even lost points.

Official ladder on nrl.com has us on 12.

f**kwits have also included sportbet odds as a column in the official ladder. This sport is run so poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts