What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
Right on YY. In fact why has not the NRL "withdrawn NRL accreditation" with SS ?

Greenburg made mention in the presser of people no longer associated with the NRL and that their application for accreditation would be considered at the time they choose to re-apply.

I think that covers Seward, Fitzgerald, Irvine, Shephard, Roy, Saad and anyone else who has previously been involved in Parramatta and is no longer working in an NRL related role.

TPAs aren't allowed to leverage the club in any way. Players can not appear in club uniforms nor display club logos. So it's about marketable players rather than marketable clubs.
Yes correct. But Say i offered Corey Norman $5000 to use his image in my print ads, he would have to not wear any eels clothing and be referred to as a professional rugby league player not Corey norman from the Parramatta Eels.
If he was to wear any club gear then it's counted under the cap.
This happened to the Storm a few years ago when Slater did some stuff for steeden in his Storm jersey and they had to black out the logos and design of the jersey before it went to print as the NRL got wind of it in the first few posters that were done up.

hybrideel

Bench
TPAs aren't allowed to leverage the club in any way. Players can not appear in club uniforms nor display club logos. So it's about marketable players rather than marketable clubs.

Being in a marketable and popular club gets a player more exposure and helps them become more marketable.

If i saw Cameron Smith on TV ads telling us to buy Kleenex tissues and Clint Gutherson on other ones saying buy Sorbent i would say f*(k Cameron smith i'll get the Sorbent.
(the tissue example is because i have a cold and have used half a pack already this morning)
If you have no particular tie to a product and someone from a team you support is spruking a competitor you would be inclined to support them

Swiftstylez

Bench
It's funny that NRL were so hell-bent on turning public opinion against the Eels and the board and now the NRL may get some of their own medicine.

"Pls stand down you cheating scums, quit your job with no right of reply you stains"

I'm still hoping for more than meets the eye and as I have said since the beginning, not going down without a fight. What's done is done no matter who is right or wrong so the board better have something up their sleeve.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes correct. But Say i offered Corey Norman $5000 to use his image in my print ads, he would have to not wear any eels clothing and be referred to as a professional rugby league player not Corey norman from the Parramatta Eels.
If he was to wear any club gear then it's counted under the cap.
This happened to the Storm a few years ago when Slater did some stuff for steeden in his Storm jersey and they had to black out the logos and design of the jersey before it went to print as the NRL got wind of it in the first few posters that were done up.

So all of our TPAs have been declared dodgy ?

What about this one ? Seems to fit your brief.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCwLHR0xHfu/

EDIT: and this https://www.instagram.com/p/BDRrP3TJz5W/

Swiftstylez

Bench
No other club sells papers like ours. No other club leaks like ours.

I think the NRL has been reactionary with regard to information published by News ltd papers.

It makes no sense to spend time and miney doing forensic invesigations on a club who collected consectutive spoons.

Don't forget at it's core the NRL is a media organisation. Only recently did the ownership change. Doesn't mean the culture or true core values hsve changed at all.

:D

But the Broncos and Cowboys took no time at all: "Nothing to see here boys"

*I'm standing down as CEO*

"Oh that's coincidental, still nothing to see here :) The NRL took no action against the NRL club over the unexplained $300,000 spending because no salary cap breach could be proved"

*Applause*

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
NRL have had how long to get this right? How long have they investigated? You'd think this would be an open and shut case with the evidence they have gathered. Surely it can't be a conspiracy against the board by grant and Greenburg against parra because they don't like them.

Haha it must kill you that there's a chance we'll get out of this. But but we just need to roll over and cop it! :lol:

So all of our TPAs have been declared dodgy ?

What about this one ? Seems to fit your brief.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCwLHR0xHfu/

EDIT: and this https://www.instagram.com/p/BDRrP3TJz5W/
They both look fine, but the NRL is claiming i think that someone at our club organized the deals and guaranteed them to the players.
I think they need to treat every deal on it's own merit but they seemed to have just decided that they found a few deals that we organized so we must have done that with all of them.
The club is allowed i believe to introduce the player and third party but that is where it has to stop, they are saying they have evidence that we have done more than that in the past 3 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Being in a marketable and popular club gets a player more exposure and helps them become more marketable.

If i saw Cameron Smith on TV ads telling us to buy Kleenex tissues and Clint Gutherson on other ones saying buy Sorbent i would say f*(k Cameron smith i'll get the Sorbent.
(the tissue example is because i have a cold and have used half a pack already this morning)
If you have no particular tie to a product and someone from a team you support is spruking a competitor you would be inclined to support them

Yeah sure it's because you've got a cold.

I had a massive issue with some of the Storm's 3rd party deal when they were owned by News Ltd.
Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk had 3rd party deals with Foxsports which is owned by News Ltd, so how is that arms length from the club?

Haha it must kill you that there's a chance we'll get out of this. But but we just need to roll over and cop it! :lol:

Well I'm glad your happy that the club is in a mess. You must be so happy about the 12 points that we are going to lose as well. Shows a lot about you.

#goodgovernance

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I'm glad your happy that the club is in a mess. You must be so happy about the 12 points that we are going to lose as well. Shows a lot about you.

#goodgovernance

Mate we'll be playing in the finals this year, thanks to the great team and coaching staff we've assembled. Despite the best efforts of your mates. I hope it f**king hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.