What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphagnum

Coach
Poor NRL. They've never had to endure one of their salary cap investigations being tested in court. I imagine they'd be desperate to make sure it doesn't.

Mate we'll be playing in the finals this year, thanks to the great team and coaching staff we've assembled. Despite the best efforts of your mates. I hope it f**king hurts.

Yes all this is my fault. Nothing of the current boards doing. Keep blaming everyone else, first it was the media's fault, then it was seaward, then it was fitzy's fault now It's my fault. Yep I'm responsible for us losing 12 points. You are so geniused.

Swiftstylez

Bench
As I have already said, anyone who just believes the NRL and goes on their way do I have a deal for you. Book a one way flight to North Korea and honor the supreme leader, believe everything he tells you as gospel!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Sharp and co repeatedly told members and media they were fully supportive and cooperative with the NRLs investigation. Why do you just automatically believe the NRL and disregard anyone else?

They also said they were under the cap and had dobe nothibg wrong...

Face it, the NRL is more believable.

Sad to think we could have retired Watmough 6 weeks back, fessed up, and be currently top 8.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Broncos and Cowboys didn't have the NRL leaking to the media on a rampant witch hunt every day possible for months. There was no where near the trial by public opinion that we have faced whether they acted legally or not. Whether the board are as guilty as charged or not the NRL did not take kindly to being spat in the face of and that was the nail in the coffin up until now.

Sphagnum

Coach

Sad to think we could have retired Watmough 6 weeks back, fessed up, and be currently top 8.

Not in my eyes they're not. When you're in bed with the media like they are, you can't be trusted about anything. Ever.

Look at how the whole thing has played out from start to finish. I've haven't seen that much diarrhea since the last time I went swimming in the Ganges.

Stop being one of their puppets and open your f**ken eyes.

Pro tip: it's not just the sport.

Djay

Juniors

But really is it?

After crucifying us on Tuesday they are now backing down and changing there stance on Friday? If everything is so cold hard facts why change your stance?

I don't believe everything I read, the media is hammering us and have hammered us, where is the evidence and facts that we didn't cooperate?

According to Schubert we were under the cap by 200k a month ago, I don't necessarily believe it but it's funny that that article comes out and then the next day the NRL softens there stance.

Truth is, is the NRL really that much better then us right now?

Swiftstylez

Bench
^ Yep, Paul Kent and news limited had to get their inside scoops that the "NRL does not want the Eels playing finals football" for weeks without the NRL giving it to them themselves unless they can't even govern themselves. Is that due process?

Chipmunk

Coach
It appears the NRL is attempting to keep information contained in the breach notice confidential

The NRL has made a claim for confidentiality over the 64-page breach notice given to the Eels. Mr Moses told the court the notice contained statements by former Parramatta CEO Scott Seward.
Mr Seward has given a 37 page statement making allegations as to what each of the five individuals knew.
"[The NRL] has relied on the former CEO to make adverse inferences," Mr Moses said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...tors-pursue-legal-action-20160506-gonsgq.html

Swiftstylez

Bench
LOL so they are relying on Scott Seward's opinion and people don't want the board to defend themselves? HAHAHHAAA

No wonder Sharp was smiling when he left HQ, this is a joke.

Djay

Juniors
LOL so they are relying on Scott Seward's opinion and people don't want the board to defend themselves? HAHAHHAAA

No wonder Sharp was smiling when he left HQ, this is a joke.

Thank god they didn't roll over and let them walk all over us.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger farce by the minute. What a joke.

El Diablo

Post Whore
confidential? lol

the NRL have been leaking like a sieve during their investigation and now they don't want anyone to find out how dodgy they are

you couldn't make this shit up

resign now Greenberg, Weeks and Grant

Swiftstylez

Bench
Thank god they didn't roll over and let them walk all over us.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger farce by the minute. What a joke.

I'm actually happy that the investigative processes of the NRL may be exposed in this, at least we won't have to endure decades of being a shit team again if everyone is ACTUALLY on an even playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.