What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their issue Baz is what's the point. If a club can cheat until some f&*ker from the inside rats them out, then clearly the system ain't worrking and needs to be changed

Oh agree. But the only ways I see to stop (or greatly reduce) cheating are 1) Raise the cap to a level where clubs have no incentive to breach it (which obviously has other implications) ......err um that's about it. You can't effectively ban TPAs outright.

Noise

Coach
I find you guily of murder - life sentence.

oh whats that? your lawyer hasn't said anything yet?

Isn't it more like when you have been caught drink driving? They take your license straight away and charge you. You go to caught later and try to get a section 10 to reduce your license suspension.

Gronk

Staff member
Greenberg just said that the NRL must dock all points accrued whilst the team were over the cap.

IF ONLY they held this presser 4 weeks ago we would have only been docked 6 points.

Incorrect

Coach
Do you blokes not understand that discovering the existence of undisclosed agreements is really hard unless you've got a whisteblower? It's even harder for a salary cap auditor, because there are very few people that they can compel to speak to them.

I'm not sure you lot have thought about the logistics of carrying out such an audit.

Exactly. Every premiership should have a disclaimer along side it stating;

* to the best of the NRL's knowledge and in lieu of no bitter whilsteblowing merkin coming forward with evidence to the contrary, the NRL would like to declare [insert club name] as premiers for the year [insert year].

Noise

Coach
How about Sharp last night saying we are under the cap this year? The guy is an idiot.

Chipmunk

Coach
Isn't it more like when you have been caught drink driving? They take your license straight away and charge you. You go to caught later and try to get a section 10 to reduce your license suspension.

Is this what happens in NSW?

This certainly isn't the case in the ACT.

Dibs

Bench
Oh agree. But the only ways I see to stop (or greatly reduce) cheating are 1) Raise the cap to a level where clubs have no incentive to breach it (which obviously has other implications) ......err um that's about it. You can't effectively ban TPAs outright.

Wouldn't it be easier just to say the clubs can organise tpas since they are anyway?

How about Sharp last night saying we are under the cap this year? The guy is an idiot.

Well, I presume he meant that 'assuming the TPAs are cap-exempt we are under the cap'.

TBH the allegations about the club channelling its own funds to players are the most frightening. If they have evidence of that we are f**ked....but let's see.

Glenn

First Grade
Greenberg just said that the NRL must dock all points accrued whilst the team were over the cap.

IF ONLY they held this presser 4 weeks ago we would have only been docked 6 points.

That raises the point HJ made earlier regarding Watmough and his insurance payout, which would be taken from the time of the Injury (ie January), that puts Parramatta under the cap for 2016.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can a player take 25k pay cut - No they have a market value.

JAMES ROBERTS leaves Titans as feels he is under valued then takes a huge pay cut to play for brisbane, contract is registered with NRL

:lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We've had incompetent board for a long time, and we're paying for it.

Time to regroup, get us under the cap, move forward and play every game like a Grand Final.

Gronk

Staff member
Well, I presume he meant that 'assuming the TPAs are cap-exempt we are under the cap'.

TBH the allegations about the club channelling its own funds to players are the most frightening. If they have evidence of that we are f**ked....but let's see.

Agree, inflating service contracts so that those contractors play players is as dodgy as what Storm or Dogs did.

Dibs

Bench
Interestingly enough Greenberg just said today's issues are not specifically related just to tpas. So why we all know that every club is pushing the rules on them it seems that our problem may be more systematic cheating then we have been led to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.