What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
Greenberg just said that the NRL must dock all points accrued whilst the team were over the cap.

IF ONLY they held this presser 4 weeks ago we would have only been docked 6 points.

Yep. That's why I'm asking why did it take so long. They even announced before the Bulldogs game, the announcement will be held on Tuesday. Looks as thou the NRL used us for ratings and profit by delaying the decision.

Only way out is to appeal the penalty, using the delaymemt in the watmough saga as reason being we're over the cap.

Gronk

Staff member
Shedding players will be hard. No club will pay market value for our player (unless there is a bidding war). So likely we'll need to find buyers and sell players at a discount.

Agree, inflating service contracts so that those contractors play players is as dodgy as what Storm or Dogs did.

Yeh, we can argue about 'degrees of association' between the club and TP provider.....but channelling of club cash to the player through any entity is going to be a ball-tearer.

hindy111

Post Whore
Shedding players will be hard. No club will pay market value for our player (unless there is a bidding war). So likely we'll need to find buyers and sell players at a discount.

We should take them to parklea markets:D

The P Eel

Juniors
If what they are reporting is true - then we are as bad as the cheating storm merkins - that makes me very sad and disappointed. The bloody board infighting and factions will be the end of this club... shattered for BA and the players as well.

ash411

Bench
Ok so the question is...

Where do we go from here.

Sharp and the board are gone, that's a foregone conclusion, no matter what happens in regards to an appeal, they definitely won't be exonerated, that's for sure.

So who now does the responsibility fall to to get us under the cap and get our season back on track?

Whoever they are, they need to roll up their sleeves and get to work, today.

Does anyone know where we go from here?

IFR33K

Coach
Agree, inflating service contracts so that those contractors play players is as dodgy as what Storm or Dogs did.

It may be dodgy, but our players wouldn't have known. Not like the other clubs u mentioned.

whall15

Coach
I wonder what the chance is of a challenge to the salary cap itself? Not saying I would support that.

Glenn

First Grade
Ok so the question is...

Where do we go from here.

Sharp and the board are gone, that's a foregone conclusion, no matter what happens in regards to an appeal, they definitely won't be exonerated, that's for sure.

So who now does the responsibility fall to to get us under the cap and get our season back on track?

Whoever they are, they need to roll up their sleeves and get to work, today.

Does anyone know where we go from here?

Forward.

Roll up the sleeves and get on with the grit shown so far this season.

woddy

Juniors
Shell shocked ....I need a beer . Will always support the Mighty Blue and Gold ,f%^k the idiots who run this club into the ground year after year . GO PARRA forever .

is there a source for this ?

- Paying players undisclosed remuneration from its own resources

- Procuring third party agreements for players in breach of the salary cap rules

- Conspiring with club suppliers to inflate or issue fictitious invoices to raise cash that was then relayed to players

http://www.nrl.com/parramatta-salary-cap-preliminary-findings/tabid/10874/newsid/95530/default.aspx

Was posted about 10 pages back (i.e. 20 seconds ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.