What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
The NRL site still has us on 12 points. I take it, they don't get deducted till after our right to appeal has elapsed????

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you have any idea how f**king stupid your Penrith statement sounds you f**king imbecile? What are you 12 or just clinically geniused? I will support this great club no matter what. I couldnt give a f**k if they put us in NSW Cup. This is my team until I die.

Is there a level of how good a supporter you are? I do not want to get into a war with you about who is the bigger or better supporter. I don't really care tbh. I have followed the eels for 30 yrs. And Penrith has always been my second team. We have been wiped out this year so i will keep a closer eye on my local team otherwise i have no interest what so ever in NRL this season.

Do you have any idea how f**king stupid your Penrith statement sounds you f**king imbecile? What are you 12 or just clinically geniused? I will support this great club no matter what. I couldnt give a f**k if they put us in NSW Cup. This is my team until I die.

x 2, maybe without one or two particular workds.

Swiftstylez

Bench
lol people can virtue signal all they want, if we aren't playing for points what kind of loser goes to a game and wastes his time and money on a team that doesn't accrue any points? I don't see all of you packing out stadiums for trial matches or the whole stadium filling up for the toyota cup because "It's the Eels, support the boys".

oldmancraigy

Coach
The NRL site still has us on 12 points. I take it, they don't get deducted till after our right to appeal has elapsed????

Well that is how I read the NRL statement.

Our best way forward is to
1. Comply by ditching 570k of salary
While at the same time
2. Appealing as best we can. There must be some loophole...

Gronk

Staff member
You can't make that judgement call. He has all the right to be disgusted and do whatever he wants. Who are you to judge when you supported the morons who systematically cheated the cap. Why don't you go and piss off with your mate Gronk, phantom and IFf**k. So before you go off at supporter have a look at the morons who you voted for and put in charge.

Keep me out of your sprays merkin. I am guilty only of giving the pricks the benefit of the doubt and not buying in to rumour and innuendo.

You will note that I am in no way making excuses for anyone today.

As always, we need to quarantine this club from the usual suspects. Sadly one of them has already appeared grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

hindy111

Post Whore
Here come the loyalists. You can support another team for the rest of the year, because we aren't going to make the finals this year.

I got most first infraction for a similar post like this one :)

It's like a finals team, our off season has essentially started already.

I think some fans are still in the denial stage.

Thanks

jono

Juniors
Call me in denial or in fantasyland or just looking through blue and gold glasses but IF our boys can win a dozen games, and win the whole damn thing, would that not be THE most singularly defining achievement in this club's 70 years?
I will be happy for the players to keep doing what they have been, for Foz to get better, and for Normy, Semi and Jenko and now Guth to keep us entertained as they have done
Whatever happens , this team WILL win a premiership within the next three years

This. Tell watmough he had a job lined up as a coaching assistant for the next three years.

No worries lets do another Rort hey?
You sure you not related to the board members? You still happy with the board? You must be ecstatic with all the rorts.

ash411

Bench
Why mate.

I do support the team but when we all payed that money it was under the assumption we would be playing for points. Now if the nrl is not going to allow us to play for points why should I sit there and throw my hard earned money away on a game that is essentially for nothing. If you're happy to throw your money away that's fine that's your choice.

Now I know the nrl has said we can earn points if we are cap compliant and I will attend if we can earn points. I will still attend fan days and show my support for the club but I don't see the point in forking out almost $700 for games that mean nothing. Don't sit there and question my loyalty because I'd like a refund to watch us play games in a competition we are not in or earning any points.

Think of it this way. How do you think the boys will feel when they run out to a game in an empty stadium.

This isn't about points or any bullshit like that. This is about supporting the team we love and letting them know (the players and coaching staff) that we will not abandon them.

We show our support by cheering them on while they play. That's all we can do, that is the role we play on game day.

In the end, do what you want, but don't claim to support the team no matter what, then cite conditions where you won't support the team.

No matter what means just that. NO. MATTER. WHAT. hence, liar.

Parra47

Juniors
Very disappointing day for us fans. I've been a passionate Eel since 1987, (yep just missed the 86 grand Final).
I've supported the team through the mostly bad times ever since. But I'll always be an Eel. They are my team and I don't swap and change, if I did I'd have given them away years ago.
The various boards and recruitment managers we have had over the years have been simply terrible. We finally have a good coach and recruitment people who understand football and have assembled a team to be proud of. Now this.
Its frustrating and sad. But nothing much we as fans can do about any of it except show BA and the team we support them and hope they stick around for next year if they can.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This. Tell watmough he had a job lined up as a coaching assistant for the next three years.

But dont announce it to anyone until all paperwork is completed etc.

We could probably appeal on the basis that he has been injured all season anyway, and contemplating retirement since Christmas (please be some correspondence to someone to this effect)so can we just lose half our points, or just 4....

Status
Not open for further replies.