What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep gloating you merkin.

Mate I'm heart broken!! But Hope you are enjoying the mess we are in. You supported these merkins when it was clear as day they were not up to it. Hope you can go to sleep at night, Sharpy thanks ya for his loyal support though.

Noise

Coach
Yep. If there is correspondes dating back to dec or Jan, it may help us.

There was an article a few weeks ago that said Watmough's injury (that he is still yet to recover from) occurred at training 2 weeks before the season started - so February

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Think of it this way. How do you think the boys will feel when they run out to a game in an empty stadium.

This isn't about points or any bullshit like that. This is about supporting the team we love and letting them know (the players and coaching staff) that we will not abandon them.

We show our support by cheering them on while they play. That's all we can do, that is the role we play on game day.

In the end, do what you want, but don't claim to support the team no matter what, then cite conditions where you won't support the team.

No matter what means just that. NO. MATTER. WHAT. hence, liar.

So showing up to game means supporting a team..well I tell you if that's how you're thinking then we only have 21000 supporters.

IFR33K

Coach
Mate I'm heart broken!! But Hope you are enjoying the mess we are in. You supported these merkins when it was clear as day they were not up to it. Hope you can go to sleep at night, Sharpy thanks ya for his loyal support though.

I'll sleep well, thanks for your concerns. Now talk about the issues at hand, and how we'll recover from this. ...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Disgusting merkins made Arthur face the media. Still hiding like fkn rats.
Stupid Clown of a chairman couldn't keep out of the media when he had something good to release, Saw Arthurz interview, what a quality individual he is. We are lucky to have him. Whatever happens and whoever comes in they need to re-extend his contract ASAP.

Swiftstylez

Bench
So showing up to game means supporting a team..well I tell you if that's how you're thinking then we only have 21000 supporters.

Yep. There are hardcore Eels fans I know that don't enjoy going to the football and they live closer than me. They prefer to watch on TV.

If you would not change clubs in your heart you are an Eels fan.

That doesn't mean showering the NRL with money.

Chipmunk

Coach
If watmough doesn't take to the field again, there's concession there right???? I'd be using that to try and get under the cap, then appealing the severity of the penalty. Maybe get it halved.

I believe that you get a concession to your 2nd tier cap if required, nothing to do with the Top 25.

Snoochies

First Grade
I would have loved to hear what Sharp said to the players this morning standing next to Greenberg when the punishment was announced to them. He at least gets to ride off into the sunset, the poor players and coach have to ride this out.

IFR33K

Coach
There was an article a few weeks ago that said Watmough's injury (that he is still yet to recover from) occurred at training 2 weeks before the season started - so February

U know how much concession we can receive if he retires????

The last thing the eels want to do, is pay two or three players for years to come to play elsewhere. That's what got us into this mess.

ash411

Bench
Good one mate. It's people like you who thought the sun shone out of sharps cheating arse that got us into this mess.

You and Jake are so f**king smug right now aren't you.

Yes I supported the board, because they were the board, and I had no proof not to support them.

Yes, they are completely to blame, I have no problem admitting that, and that I was wrong to support them, but you can't sit there and say you knew about this all along.

Enjoy your triumph, it's your day, take a bow and enjoy it.

Chipmunk

Coach
We can't appeal the findings and play for points at the same time. NRL has us in a catch 22. Unless the appeal was successful and all of the penalties were overturned.

I have zero faith in that outcome.

Why could we not appeal and play for points at the same time? The two issues should be considered separate.

The only reason we lost 12 points is because the team won every match with a squad that was over the salary cap. if we get under the salary cap and win games we start getting points again.

Our appeal (of the 12 points penalty at least) would be based on the fact that the team was salary cap compliant at the time.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Gotta bump this. Thanks Andy for not joining in on the gloatfest.

Andy Raymond ‏@Andy_Raymond 4h4 hours ago
I'd reckon the 2 underachieving snitches that have systematically leaked this info AND are taking joy in it will be exposed real soon! #eels

Avenger

Immortal
To a lesser extent you guys gloating are like Denis on a smaller scale. Everyone knows Sharpy is not the sharpest tool in the shed but however misguided he still put the club first. And stuck his neck out for Brad Arthur.

Sphagnum

Coach
Why could we not appeal and play for points at the same time? The two issues should be considered separate.

The only reason we lost 12 points is because the team won every match with a squad that was over the salary cap. if we get under the salary cap and win games we start getting points again.

Our appeal (of the 12 points penalty at least) would be based on the fact that the team was salary cap compliant at the time.

If they think the NRL is wrong, why would they take steps to 'get under the cap'?

That's what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.