What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra47

Juniors
If we can offload say DeGois to Newcastle, Morgan to Melbourne and Watmough retiring, (covered through insurance), and the five members do the honerable thing and resign, we are still a chance. A lot of if's but there is a chance.
Trying to stay positive on a truly crap Rugby League day.

Chipmunk

Coach
Christ.....can you imagine the complaints about the allocation of points to players?

It's fair enough to challenge the parts of the preliminary ruling that we believe are in error (in fact, it's the right thing to do). If there are bits where we know we're as guilty as hell, we take our medicine.

In the mean time, I support the team like I always have. Whether the administration can be fixed while it is associated with the Parra Leagues Club.....I dunno....but other options aren't easy either.

Who do you think would fund the football team if it wasn't funded by the PLC?

IFR33K

Coach
If we can offload say DeGois to Newcastle, Morgan to Melbourne and Watmough retiring, (covered through insurance), and the five members do the honerable thing and resign, we are still a chance. A lot of if's but there is a chance.
Trying to stay positive on a truly crap Rugby League day.

Do we save anything if the five members do the honerable thing??? Is there any benefit or advantage???

Noise

Coach
One of these days someone is going to explain to me how we can be both under the cap and over the cap in the same year.

You can be over the cap today through the total sum of your top 25 player contracts being more than the salary cap which you are obliged to pay. You can be under the cap tomorrow by negotiating releases of those players and their contracts and then replacing them with much cheaper players.

It aint rocket science

Chipmunk

Coach
Fingers crossed that Sharp et al took out the injunction so they can finalise the player roster, not that I trust DA to do that. Think they got 5 days injunction, and the club has 10 days to reorganise the cap

Anyway, keep Fitzy away from our club

More importantly from my perspective is that the CEO stated at the AGM that we were cap compliant in 2016, that's what I want cleared up. Why the heck did he say that, was he told by perhaps th football dept or just prepared to barefaced lie ��

I still think the NRL determined that all our TPA's have to be included in the salary cap, which is the only reason that we are now over the salary cap for this year, just yesterday and they informed the club of this at 7.30am this morning. Before then I believe the club still believed it was under the cap, which to be honest they probably had every right to believe at the time.

Sharpy and his mates are incompetent fools, but I think they were genuine in what they said.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
One of these days someone is going to explain to me how we can be both under the cap and over the cap in the same year.

Sharp believed we were under the cap, but the NRL believe we were deceitful about our tpa's, so they have included them all into our cap. That's why the NRL are claiming we are over.

If we maybe have enough evidence to prove otherwise, we can maybe reduce the 570k we are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.