What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noise

Coach
Parramatta has been something that has given me joy for a long time - even when we finished last.

I'm afraid my feelings towards the club now are anger/hatred, for the embarrassment caused, and complete indifference.

These f**king imbeciles - the gutless, dickless f**ks - who run our club have ruined our season, our reputation and our roster.

I will never forgive those merkins responsible.

I feel exactly the same way mate.

Chipmunk

Coach
It's not rocket science. Unless we've already paid out $7.25 million or whatever, we're not over the cap. We're only projected to go over the cap. Given we have until mid season to change the roster, it's impossible to say for sure how much we will spend on players in 2016.

The only thing that matters about the cap is that you spend less than x amount of dollars on players for that season.

And afaik we still have the ability to affect that.

This would be another good argument for a couple of decent QC's to have in a court room. I doubt you're going to get the answer to this question easily.

Perhaps standard contract amounts are taken for the whole amount for the year from 1 November. As you point out, things change.

Perhaps we're also $570k over the cap and it's going to rise?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Do you understand our season so far is the result of our quality roster, which is the result of TPAs?

Yes.

They still screwed things up royally - the stuff about the invoices, cash payments, discussions about how to arrange TPA's...

Those same TPA's attracted key personnel here, but to imply they are blameless is baffling, Pou.

And they're gutless because they messed up, but had the coach front the media. That is bullshit.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
That's be right...

I'm not sure where you're going with this...are you saying we shouldn't feel angry and cheated by those responsible?

This just sucks. :(

Embrace the pain. I feel the Eels are going to go down in the history of the NRL as the shiny new cruise ship that was the Titanic, where life was good until they sunk to the depths of the ocean. This is our fate, whether we accept it or not.

Gronk

Staff member
Danny ‏@danny_v8 12m12 minutes ago
Brett Kenny on Back Page tonight. Should be interesting #Backpage #ParramattaEels

I don't disagree with your original thoughts, but who in this country, who supports Parra, has got the funds to fund a team capable of winning the comp?

Well, I got a mate who just flipped his company for $25m, but I don't think he's an Eels fan.

Seriously, it would need a hybrid sort of arrangement. A 5-year license with a certain degree of guaranteed funding from the NRL and a revolving line of credit guaranteed by the NRL for that time, and then after 5 years you could even give the club the right to match the highest offer for the franchise (presuming they've got their shit together).

At most the franchise is worth about $7m to the best positioned outsider (i.e. one who can leverage it for cross-marketing etc) and that's still a risky bet.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I agree if watmough played an arguement could be made however he hasn't. The on field success is as a result of the hard work of Brad Arthur and the players.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Embrace the pain. I feel the Eels are going to go down in the history of the NRL as the shiny new cruise ship that was the Titanic, where life was good until they sunk to the depths of the ocean. This is our fate, whether we accept it or not.

You and Casper get along great, I reckon.

This would be another good argument for a couple of decent QC's to have in a court room. I doubt you're going to get the answer to this question easily.

Perhaps standard contract amounts are taken for the whole amount for the year from 1 November. As you point out, things change.

Perhaps we're also $570k over the cap and it's going to rise?

I can't see how we'd be 570k over already. If we were we'd end up many millions over by the time we finish. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.