What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to stand down immediately. End of story. Any other appeals, legalities etc can be sorted later. However they need to stand down now.

What if these blokes (or a pair of them) are the best placed to locate and provide evidence necessary for the appeal? Would you like to be subjected to a heap of (thus far) untested allegations and be told you had to resign without having reasonable time to respond to the allegations?

Djay

Juniors
Do you honestly think that Greenberg, fresh in his role as CEO of the NRL would throw a dodgy charge at one of the biggest clubs in the NRL only to have it turned over and him look like a complete idiot?

They have plenty of evidence, whether or not we will get to see it ourselves remains to be seen, I agree that it's probably not as bad as they're saying, they may have seen payments or TPA's that might have appeared sketchy, but under closer examination can be proven not so, but it doesn't change the fact that the board deliberately lied to and hid these things from the NRL.

If they've come at us this hard, they have it. If Greenberg has tried to persecute us with no/weak evidence and it comes out, his career is over. He won't risk that just because he wants to boot 5 guys off the board of a club he has no affiliation with.

The NRL were under huge pressure to do something, the media forced the NRL's hand, had they not handed down such a severe punishment imagine the uproar?

People are still complaining.

Also that level playing field Greenberg talks about, isn't so level I know that, you know that we all know that, the system with TPAs is flawed and it needs major work done to it on top of other clubs being investigated, that is the last thing he wants to go through after this process.

Im rather surprised at the ease people have rolled over and totally accepted everything based on absoluetly f**k all actual evidence ... i have no idea if the nrl have any - but no one else has seen any yet

I dont doubt we have done stuff wrong - I am sure we are doing it just like every other club ... and we cant even cheat right - we f**ked up countless other things recently, so no doubt we have f**ked this too

BUT Im struggling to accept the scale of it

Yes, this is what I've been saying for 2 days. By all means accept the findings with respect to which we are guilty immediately. But at least read the breach notice carefully and if there are cases where we think the NRL has got it wrong we respond appropriately. It doesn't excuse any 'illegal' behaviour that did happen, but it potentially reduces the extent to which we were/are over the cap, and the extent to which we would need to re-organise to get under this year's cap.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It happened because the rules are policed differently for different clubs at different times.

We are as weak as piss rolling over for Greenberg like this.
Yeah it's all the NRL's fault......

Sharpie tried to give us good governance and stuff but the NRL just makes is so tough and unfair :(

I can't believe the whole board weren't turfed out on their arses, but I have to laugh at the individual third slogan when the actions of this board have shown that is laughable. The team definately comes last by the looks, and who gives a f**k about the fans.

emjaycee

Coach
I am sorry Mr Garrard, but if the "rogue CEO Scott Seward" was responsible for actions that resulted in illegally gained TPA's, undisclosed payments from the club to players, inflated invoices to suppliers and any other behaviour not in accordance with the salary cap rules, where was THIS board, with you and a qualified Auditor included when this deception needed to be identified and stopped it before it got to the extent it did?

It is called ACCOUNTABILTY and the current 7 members of the Board need to put the club, team and fans first and make sure we have a team on the field for the remainder of the season that are playing for points and for their fans. The attitude of the Board is admirable if we did not cheat, but in reality we did, whether the Board knew about it or not and regardless of the extent. Time to pay the piper.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Late in the agm, a fan asked sharp if he'd stand down if it meant we could save our season. His answer was "yes".... Smmfingh
He's said a lot of things the last 3 years, most of them have been absolute BS, especially the good governance and stuff quote.

emjaycee

Coach
Yes, this is what I've been saying for 2 days. By all means accept the findings with respect to which we are guilty immediately. But at least read the breach notice carefully and if there are cases where we think the NRL has got it wrong we respond appropriately. It doesn't excuse any 'illegal' behaviour that did happen, but it potentially reduces the extent to which we were/are over the cap, and the extent to which we would need to re-organise to get under this year's cap.

Hard to meet with the NRL to arrange to get under this year's cap when there is a court case WE initiated for the purpose of saving peoples reputations that is preventing the NRL from meeting with us.

Drop the court case, step down from the current PNRL role and fight the battle from the PLC side where the NRL has no direct control and the information needed to fight can still be accessed.

Parra

Referee
Your conclusions are you own hiney. They are not mine.

If the club is to be taken out of the hands of the members and given to people like Greenberg to control then there needs to be more detail and transparency.

I don't want our club to be handed over like this.

Glenn

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...7306b790be81cf09620f3ad36#load-story-comments

Despite both being on contract, and no suggestion that Parramatta would release them, and no contact from Gold Coast.

THE Gold Coast Titans are interested in signing Parramatta’s off-loads as Nathan Peats and Semi Radradra loom as the players shipped out in a fire sale.
The Eels are $570,000 over the cap while the Titans are around $800,000 under the cap.
The Titans, Knights and the Roosters are the only clubs with cap room to accommodate Eels players and they could get them for a bargain price in time for Round 10.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol is that bloke really the lord Mayor of Parra????

Sounds like a total clown, another buck passing pollie.

No wonder he fit in so well on the board, he blames the previous board for the clubs problems and then he says I don't want to talk about the previous board lol.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...7306b790be81cf09620f3ad36#load-story-comments

Despite both being on contract, and no suggestion that Parramatta would release them, and no contact from Gold Coast.

THE Gold Coast Titans are interested in signing Parramatta?s off-loads as Nathan Peats and Semi Radradra loom as the players shipped out in a fire sale.
The Eels are $570,000 over the cap while the Titans are around $800,000 under the cap.
The Titans, Knights and the Roosters are the only clubs with cap room to accommodate Eels players and they could get them for a bargain price in time for Round 10.
We lose any of those blokes our season is f**ked anyway. Then it will impact on future seasons, I'd rather play for nothing then cost us a top quality player and hurt future seasons.

emjaycee

Coach
Your conclusions are you own hiney. They are not mine.

If the club is to be taken out of the hands of the members and given to people like Greenberg to control then there needs to be more detail and transparency.

I don't want our club to be handed over like this.

Where is the intent to hand the club over to anyone and take it from members?
The constitution says the club can run with 3 directors and we currently have 4.

The NRL wants an independent director on the Board of every club and based on the number of clubs that have breached salary cap(s), even at minor levels, this is probably a wise thing to do to protect their investment and brand.

Don't forget they give each club over $6m a year - wouldn't you want a say in how your $6m is being spent?

Parra

Referee
They are only giving out something they have no right to in the first place. The clubs are the game, not the nrl.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah it's all the NRL's fault......

Sharpie tried to give us good governance and stuff but the NRL just makes is so tough and unfair :(

I can't believe the whole board weren't turfed out on their arses, but I have to laugh at the individual third slogan when the actions of this board have shown that is laughable. The team definately comes last by the looks, and who gives a f**k about the fans.

Swifty posted this the other day and I think it best sums up the situation.

Parramatta only broke the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught

They were dumb on so many levels.

Not sure why you are saying that the "team and fans come last by the looks". They have until this time next week to resign. In the meantime, they actually have a job to do. They actually owe it to the fans to get us under the cap with minimum collateral damage and depart when this process is complete.

As much as I want them all to go today, in all fairness, potentially some of the GO5 could be innocent and deserve that presumption of innocence.

emjaycee

Coach
It happened because the rules are policed differently for different clubs at different times.

We are as weak as piss rolling over for Greenberg like this.

It happened because we created an environment where an individual could work with no clear oversight from the Board and conduct a range of transactions outside the rules governing our agreement with the NRL and possibly even ASIC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.