What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagon

Staff member
We lose any of those blokes our season is f**ked anyway. Then it will impact on future seasons, I'd rather play for nothing then cost us a top quality player and hurt future seasons.

Yep, if becoming cap compliant means losing players and then likely having to pay some of their freight into future seasons, ( that's the only way other clubs could sign any player contracted at a discount ) I say f**k it, and f**k the NRL.

Work towards being cap compliant in 2017 and write off this year. Hasty decisions now made to accommodate the demands of the NRL and the howls of the press, have a very real potential to screw our cap position for years to come.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You know what ? I appreciate that we all have different opinions on this matter and I respect yours. What I don't respect of you is your continual use of laughing emoticons at a time when we are all suffering like there has been a death in the family. Please stop.
So because I put a laughing emoticon in my sentence I'm not suffering as much as you??? Oh go and get f**ked!! I've been criticising the board for years and all I got called was hater, not a true fan, bandwagoner, sook, whinger and of course the old 3 amigos. Well there is more then 3 amigo's now mate, but yeah putting a laughing emoticon in is just so mean and evil :(

How about you man up like your board heroes should???

strider

Post Whore
Lol is that bloke really the lord Mayor of Parra????

Sounds like a total clown, another buck passing pollie.

No wonder he fit in so well on the board, he blames the previous board for the clubs problems and then he says I don't want to talk about the previous board lol.

Local councils have hardly proved to be the bastions of good goverance in recent times ... if only we could get that twat from auburn council with the expensive wedding onboard - we'd be set then :lol:

Having said that - a couple of things ...

None of us have any f**kin clue about this breach notice - perhaps it is a joke?

Has the board had the same makeup since the previous faction dominated it? When people say previous board, who are they referring to?

Why is the Parramatta Advertiser the only place this reaction from our remaining board member has been published? Is this not bigger news?

Parra

Referee
I think you mean Joe Public isn't aware of one specific contract there is a problem with.

Anthony Watmough's TPA with ScoreCube is in breach of the rules regarding TPA's.

When you are going to f**k up a club like Greenberg is doing you should have specifics. "trust me I am right" is just not good enough.

Hard to meet with the NRL to arrange to get under this year's cap when there is a court case WE initiated for the purpose of saving peoples reputations that is preventing the NRL from meeting with us.

Drop the court case, step down from the current PNRL role and fight the battle from the PLC side where the NRL has no direct control and the information needed to fight can still be accessed.

So, do you believe that the accused have a right of response to as yet untested allegations?

amitropo

Juniors
Im rather surprised at the ease people have rolled over and totally accepted everything based on absoluetly f**k all actual evidence ... i have no idea if the nrl have any - but no one else has seen any yet

I dont doubt we have done stuff wrong - I am sure we are doing it just like every other club ... and we cant even cheat right - we f**ked up countless other things recently, so no doubt we have f**ked this too

BUT Im struggling to accept the scale of it

This.

No doubt the board has made mistakes but has anyone asked Greenberg if we have gone over the cap due to TPAs now being included into our cap ?
These guys may be wrong but I believe they need to clear their name possibly to some of the allegations if they have proof, assist in possibly reducing some of the fine be it monetary and or some points( maybe down to 4 as per last years outcome) and then stand down for the good of the club if they are guilty of any wrong doing.
The outcome of this will impact their future and if they have any evidence to clear their name I believe the nrl should allow them to do so and then ask them to step down on breaches that may not be able to be explained.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well actually they were putting the success of the team and the fans somewhere up the top (I wont necessarily say first) when they did things to try and assemble the best playing squad possible.

Do we believe we would be having the same success now with everything perfectly legit?
Do we belive the NRL is truely a level playing field?

They are guilty of being dumb as much as anything ... the dumbness extends beyond the salary cap shit .... tbh i am more pissed at the other incompetant shit they have done (ie foran debarcle, hoppa debarcle, etc)

Lets blindly believe we werent rorting the cap before 2013 .... oh they were good times back then hey ... the 2011-2013 years particularly ... take me back to the good times baby
Why couldn't they organise TPA's legally??? They can help get player and sponsor together just not deal the deal so to speak.Why were they so inept they had to cheat??? Parra are a massive brand with some very marketable players, we had Hayne, now we have blokes like Foz, and Normy and the biggest cult hero in the game in Semi. Don't tell me there aren't sponsors lined up to throw some money his way.

But instead they committed fraud, don't tell me it was for the good of the team and players it was to keep them in power. We all know Spags was a slimy crook and we all know dodgy shit was probably going on but at least they had the good sense to bury the skeletons in the closet. Not right them in the f**king mins, I'm sick of all the buck passing and bullshit. Someone has to put their hand up and say enough is enough. Instead they continually blame others.

emjaycee

Coach
So, do you believe that the accused have a right of response to as yet untested allegations?

Absolutely, but just because they have been remanded without bail doesn't mean they cannot mount a defence.

The NRL doesn't want them in a position of being able to do further 'damage' (in the eyes of the NRL) while they mount that defence - just like I don't want an accused murderer walking the streets until his day in court. And no I am not comparing the crimes, just giving an example.

Seriously Baz, what the f**k are they protecting a position that pays maybe $10,000? Their ego? Just stand down and do the other de-registration appeal later. They should just suspend themselves and get an interim board to do the negotiations in what is best for the CLUB, not themselves. I'm all for going to court if you think you have been wronged but time is ticking and season 2016 hangs by a thread. It's simply not fair on the players and our coach.

They are not being asked to 'stand down' in the sense of being 'suspended' while an investigation takes place (that would be fine). They are being asked to resign.

The NRL are trying to force the club into making a rushed response a pretty comprehensive set of allegations, and in the process reducing the chance that any errors in the breach notice will be successfully challenged. That is fundamentally wrong and unjust. We can easily make knee jerk reactions here that will have very long-term ramifications.

Parra

Referee
No-one has committed fraud. There are no legal charges pending or even suggested.

Get out of the emotional crap space.

strider

Post Whore
I was given mail last night that the chances are we won't be releasing anyone... and part of the reason is laughable, actually 2 parts of the reason.

I wish i knew what you meant by laughable ... laughable that we think its possible to do? ... laughable that it will be that easy?

I really appreciate all the inside knowledge that many such as yourself share here ... but bugger me it feels alot like im standing in the dark blindly pissing at at times, sometimes hitting the bowl, mostly missing

Parra

Referee
They are not being asked to 'stand down' in the sense of being 'suspended' while an investigation takes place (that would be fine). They are being asked to resign.

The NRL are trying to force the club into making a rushed response a pretty comprehensive set of allegations, and in the process reducing the chance that any errors in the breach notice will be successfully challenged. That is fundamentally wrong and unjust. We can easily make knee jerk reactions here that will have very long-term ramifications.

It is more than that.

They are being threatened with deregistration without so much as a chance to answer any specific allegations.

It is pseudo-legal crap.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No-one has committed fraud. There are no legal charges pending or even suggested.

Get out of the emotional crap space.
Gee whiz, have a look at what they found us guilty of.
Why do you think they refused to come clean???

strider

Post Whore
Absolutely, but just because they have been remanded without bail doesn't mean they cannot mount a defence.

The NRL doesn't want them in a position of being able to do further 'damage' (in the eyes of the NRL) while they mount that defence - just like I don't want an accused murderer walking the streets until his day in court. And no I am not comparing the crimes, just giving an example.

No i believe the nrl want to make a statement and show people they are in control ... sacking a bunch of merkins achives that. Being challenged and the possibility of being found wrong is a big risk to them.

IFR33K

Coach

Baz, I was just thinking the NRL wants us to make knee jerk reactions. What would be the NRL's motives for that????

Guys, let's face it. Not sure we will be getting cap compliant, unless a miracle happens re watmough. It's prolly best the board at least attempt to defend themselves, any means possible. I just think it was arrogant of the NRL not to meet up with the club last night.

Gronk

Staff member

Agree. I see no reason why the injunction should not be extended so that the "punishment" is not applied until such time that we have a fair hearing. The whole "get under the cap and resign or you'll play for no points" does not offer a presumption of innocence. Our society bases itself on a fair legal system of to "prove all elements of the offense (generally beyond a reasonable doubt) and to disprove all the defenses". I don't think we have been afforded that.

Status
Not open for further replies.