What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol is that bloke really the lord Mayor of Parra????

Sounds like a total clown, another buck passing pollie.

No wonder he fit in so well on the board, he blames the previous board for the clubs problems and then he says I don't want to talk about the previous board lol.

He's just another one of the Power Rangers;-)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Swifty posted this the other day and I think it best sums up the situation.

Parramatta only broke the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught

They were dumb on so many levels.

Not sure why you are saying that the "team and fans come last by the looks". They have until this time next week to resign. In the meantime, they actually have a job to do. They actually owe it to the fans to get us under the cap with minimum collateral damage and depart when this process is complete.

As much as I want them all to go today, in all fairness, potentially some of the GO5 could be innocent and deserve that presumption of innocence.

Agree entirely. Sort out as much of this as you can in the next week and a bit. They have a duty to do at least that much.

emjaycee

Coach
They are only giving out something they have no right to in the first place. The clubs are the game, not the nrl.

And no one club is bigger than the game.
Should there be no central governing body? Should 16 CEO's just ring around and arrange a weekend game of footy? Should we negotiate our own agreement with Channel 9 to televise our games when they suit us?

What's first prize in the Chook Raffle this week again?

Avenger

Immortal
What if these blokes (or a pair of them) are the best placed to locate and provide evidence necessary for the appeal? Would you like to be subjected to a heap of (thus far) untested allegations and be told you had to resign without having reasonable time to respond to the allegations?

Seriously Baz, what the f**k are they protecting a position that pays maybe $10,000? Their ego? Just stand down and do the other de-registration appeal later. They should just suspend themselves and get an interim board to do the negotiations in what is best for the CLUB, not themselves. I'm all for going to court if you think you have been wronged but time is ticking and season 2016 hangs by a thread. It's simply not fair on the players and our coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Swifty posted this the other day and I think it best sums up the situation.

Parramatta only broke the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught

They were dumb on so many levels.

Not sure why you are saying that the "team and fans come last by the looks". They have until this time next week to resign. In the meantime, they actually have a job to do. They actually owe it to the fans to get us under the cap with minimum collateral damage and depart when this process is complete.

As much as I want them all to go today, in all fairness, potentially some of the GO5 could be innocent and deserve that presumption of innocence.
By them still being there they are putting the team and the fans last, by them not coming clean when they had the chance they are putting the team and the fans last.

By them rorting the cap and committing fraud they have put the team and fans last, all along its been all about them and their egos. Hiring best buds into posistions they had no right to be in they put the team and the fans last. But you keep believing in this board and Chairman that they are finally going to the right thing :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Where is the intent to hand the club over to anyone and take it from members?
The constitution says the club can run with 3 directors and we currently have 4.

The NRL wants an independent director on the Board of every club and based on the number of clubs that have breached salary cap(s), even at minor levels, this is probably a wise thing to do to protect their investment and brand.

Don't forget they give each club over $6m a year - wouldn't you want a say in how your $6m is being spent?

They hardly just "give" clubs $6m a year ... i think clubs contribute to the earning of their $6m ... no clubs, no tv rights, no nrl ... dont get me wrong, im not one who thinks clubs should rule the roost with everything, just saying its a 2 way street

Gronk

Staff member
By them still being there they are putting the team and the fans last, by them not coming clean when they had the chance they are putting the team and the fans last.

By them rorting the cap and committing fraud they have put the team and fans last, all along its been all about them and their egos. Hiring best buds into posistions they had no right to be in they put the team and the fans last. But you keep believing in this board and Chairman that they are finally going to the right thing :lol:

You know what ? I appreciate that we all have different opinions on this matter and I respect yours. What I don't respect of you is your continual use of laughing emoticons at a time when we are all suffering like there has been a death in the family. Please stop.

emjaycee

Coach
Is the NRL going to take all the points off any team found to be over the cap? You know, like several teams are every year.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the system doesn't have flaws - the whole salary cap needs an overhaul and I reckon the NRL know this. It is clear from comments from people like Gould that other clubs (maybe all clubs) flaunt the rules when they think they can and get away with it. But does that excuse us from doing it?

Sure we got caught and it sux, but we cheated folks... plain and simple. And whether it is $1 or $570k, we currently have a squad of 25 players that the NRL believe is illegally assembled and in breach of the cap.

Do other teams - probably. But lets not shy from the fact that unless we get OUR team cap compliant, we are still breaking the rules.

I don't think the defence of "he did it so I did it too" actually works outside the playground.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the system doesn't have flaws - the whole salary cap needs an overhaul and I reckon the NRL know this. It is clear from comments from people like Gould that other clubs (maybe all clubs) flaunt the rules when they think they can and get away with it. But does that excuse us from doing it?

Sure we got caught and it sux, but we cheated folks... plain and simple. And whether it is $1 or $570k, we currently have a squad of 25 players that the NRL believe is illegally assembled and in breach of the cap.

Do other teams - probably. But lets not shy from the fact that unless we get OUR team cap compliant, we are still breaking the rules.

I don't think the defence of "he did it so I did it too" actually works outside the playground.

I agree. We have to cop the punishment.

Moving forward however, there must be a better way of policing the cap other than "if someone presents us with an allegation, we will investigate it".

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yes, this is what I've been saying for 2 days. By all means accept the findings with respect to which we are guilty immediately. But at least read the breach notice carefully and if there are cases where we think the NRL has got it wrong we respond appropriately. It doesn't excuse any 'illegal' behaviour that did happen, but it potentially reduces the extent to which we were/are over the cap, and the extent to which we would need to re-organise to get under this year's cap.

Agree with this

If it is the case that the NRL have included all our TPA's in the breach list, I think it highly unlikely such a claim would withstand scrutiny.

As I see it, the NRL has had it's investigation and reached a conclusion, and for some that is enough to say we are guilty as charged . This is akin to the police investigating a crime, coming up with a suspect, and assuming that suspect is guilty as charged, without the due process of a trial. If the club / board are of the belief we have not transgressed in the manner the NRL claims, whatever evidence the NRL has, and I'm sure there's plenty, needs to be tested.

We have seen numerous examples of such in the press over the last months, the standout being the allegations regards Semi, the press had their evidence, yet it withstood no more than a cursory examination to show it was not what was claimed.

If the board or members of the board were to step aside immediately as many are demanding, we would in my opinion, lose a hell of a lot of our ability to test the claims made against us. For that reason alone, if the club genuinely believes we have a case to defend some of these findings, they should stand firm.

Without any detail, it's difficult to know. But I think most here would agree the club is entitled to a fair process of challenging the findings and sanctions made against it, and by extension, that must also include the findings and sanctions made against individual officers or employees of the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your conclusions are you own hiney. They are not mine.

If the club is to be taken out of the hands of the members and given to people like Greenberg to control then there needs to be more detail and transparency.
I don't want our club to be handed over like this.
Handed over where??? Take off the tin foil hate mate.

Glenn

First Grade
We lose any of those blokes our season is f**ked anyway. Then it will impact on future seasons, I'd rather play for nothing then cost us a top quality player and hurt future seasons.

Sounds like the usual DT process of getting a story, just throw whatever onto a piece of Paper.
Would be very surprised if those two are released.

strider

Post Whore

Well actually they were putting the success of the team and the fans somewhere up the top (I wont necessarily say first) when they did things to try and assemble the best playing squad possible.

Do we believe we would be having the same success now with everything perfectly legit?
Do we belive the NRL is truely a level playing field?

They are guilty of being dumb as much as anything ... the dumbness extends beyond the salary cap shit .... tbh i am more pissed at the other incompetant shit they have done (ie foran debarcle, hoppa debarcle, etc)

Lets blindly believe we werent rorting the cap before 2013 .... oh they were good times back then hey ... the 2011-2013 years particularly ... take me back to the good times baby

emjaycee

Coach
Sounds like the usual DT process of getting a story, just throw whatever onto a piece of Paper.
Would be very surprised if those two are released.

I was given mail last night that the chances are we won't be releasing anyone... and part of the reason is laughable, actually 2 parts of the reason.

Parra

Referee
I agree. We have to cop the punishment.

Moving forward however, there must be a better way of policing the cap other than "if someone presents us with an allegation, we will investigate it".

No-one can point to even one specific contract there is a problem with.

Surely the best way to deal with this is to invalidate the contracts in question. That would require specific details though.

emjaycee

Coach
No-one can point to even one specific contract there is a problem with.

Surely the best way to deal with this is to invalidate the contracts in question. That would require specific details though.

I think you mean Joe Public isn't aware of one specific contract there is a problem with.

Anthony Watmough's TPA with ScoreCube is in breach of the rules regarding TPA's.

IFR33K

Coach
Well actually they were putting the success of the team and the fans somewhere up the top (I wont necessarily say first) when they did things to try and assemble the best playing squad possible.

Do we believe we would be having the same success now with everything perfectly legit?
Do we belive the NRL is truely a level playing field?

They are guilty of being dumb as much as anything ... the dumbness extends beyond the salary cap shit .... tbh i am more pissed at the other incompetant shit they have done (ie foran debarcle, hoppa debarcle, etc)

Lets blindly believe we werent rorting the cap before 2013 .... oh they were good times back then hey ... the 2011-2013 years particularly ... take me back to the good times baby

The last bit.....:shock: I don't want to recall that.

IFR33K

Coach
I think you mean Joe Public isn't aware of one specific contract there is a problem with.

Anthony Watmough's TPA with ScoreCube is in breach of the rules regarding TPA's.

Does the amount total 570k for this year mjc? Do u know amount that TPA is???? Btw, I'm shocked the board still believe the team is below the cap. If that's the case, I guess this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts