What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
Didn't the Bulldogs have an offer to Fifita that was a total of $800k, detailed as $450 k salary and the balance in TPAs, may have the numbers wrong but that was the description from memory

Then the deal was withdrawn, but interesting that no comment at the time from th NRL, perhaps Greenberg could go back and do a forensic check on the Bulldogs, not a chance that would ever happen

Apologies if I didn't get the details correct, but seems that was how it was published in the Telecrap at the time

El Diablo

Post Whore
Except the Lone Ranger.

he has Tonto

#bringbackplumbsy

#bringbackspags

So you fit right in?

814269-phil-gould.jpg

Dibs

Bench
Except the Lone Ranger.

He was the only ranger out of the 2 hence he was the Lone Ranger but he wasn't alone. People always mention tonto but I think silver was probably the brains of the outfit and deserves more credit. Should have been called the lone ranger' horse

Dibs

Bench
Whatever.

Can't wait for the bring back spags reply.

Took a little longer than I thought but not long enough. It's like watching my kids argue about anything. I find it hard to believe they are grown men and that's not easy to say as I'm the first to admit I can lack maturity myself at times

Gronk

Staff member
Adrian Proszenko ‏@proshenks 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: Police have launched a formal investigation into @TheParraEels, raising the prospect of fraud charges stemming from the NRL probe

84 Baby

Referee
Adrian Proszenko ‏@proshenks 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: Police have launched a formal investigation into @TheParraEels, raising the prospect of fraud charges stemming from the NRL probe
What possible fraud charges could there be? "Defrauding" the salary cap isn't a police matter. Neither is defrauding the members regarding their competence. Misappropriation may be an issue but it's many steps down the track for that to be a police matter. Unless he is implying tax evasion, again that'd be investigated by ATO way before police got involved (and that'd be the AFP)

What possible fraud charges could there be? "Defrauding" the salary cap isn't a police matter. Neither is defrauding the members regarding their competence. Misappropriation may be an issue but it's many steps down the track for that to be a police matter. Unless he is implying tax evasion, again that'd be investigated by ATO way before police got involved (and that'd be the AFP)

It could be a fraud involving misappropriation of club funds (knowingly paying false / overstated invoices), or (much less likely) against other clubs collectively (using deception to obtain a benefit at the expense of the others who haven't been busted cheating).

Gronk

Staff member
This does not concern me a bit. If the GO5 are charged then whenever that happens they will be former employees. They made their own beds etc.

Of course an allegation of fraud has to be investigated. Just because it is being followed through does not mean that charges will follow.

Yeh, the issue (if any) will likely be around fictitious invoicing, which wasn't the part of the story at the Storm (over-invoicing was I think...but harder to prove). Knowingly paying club funds for goods/services never provided would be a problem for any individuals involved. We are also unlikely to be helped by state boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts