What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

eels_fan

First Grade
There won't be a reduction in the points penalty.

Did anyone really, honestly, believe there would be?

The NRL have 10 days to officially hand down the punishment, hopefully we can win tomorrow and next week vs bunnies, which would put on us 10 points in 2 weeks time when our points are gone, still ahead of the Knights & Roosters.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did anyone really, honestly, believe there would be?

The NRL have 10 days to officially hand down the punishment, hopefully we can win tomorrow and next week vs bunnies, which would put on us 10 points in 2 weeks time when our points are gone, still ahead of the Knights & Roosters.
Well besides the GTFO 5 and Gronk i'd say no......

Gronk

Staff member
Well besides the GTFO 5 and Gronk i'd say no......

No I never said that I thought we were sweet. You might be thinking of HJ mate.

My point was if we had shot, we might as well take it. A few hundred thousand is just a month or two worth or pensioners on the pokies. We can afford it and the potential outcome compared to the outlay is a commercially acceptable risk.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No I never said that I thought we were sweet. You might be thinking of HJ mate.

My point was if we had shot, we might as well take it. A few hundred thousand is just a month or two worth or pensioners on the pokies. We can afford it and the potential outcome compared to the outlay is a commercially acceptable risk.
Fair enough, yes it might have been HJ i was thinking of. True the club can afford it but as soon as Toddy handed down the punishment and made such a big deal about it we were always screwed IMO.

El Diablo

Post Whore
this will warm the cockles of the Spags squad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/da...r/news-story/2f1003d592d9c5dd78bf8cc475c236b1

EELS GANG COUNTING THE COSTS

THE run of bad luck for the “Gang of Five” Parramatta Eels officials, led by chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa and CEO John Boulous, continues.

The latest development yesterday was that the NSW Supreme Court found the five should now pay the majority of the NRL’s $150,000-$200,000 legal costs, after the legal action they brought against the governing body failed.

Legal sources say this means a bill of about $100k just for the NRL’s costs, on top of the estimated $250-$300K they are paying themselves: or a total of up to $400,000.

Who foots the bill for this wacky month-long legal odyssey, in which the directors challenged the NRL’s right to impose immediate suspensions on the Gang of Five?

Well, Parramatta Leagues Club’s 40,000 members, given that the Leagues Club subsidises the NRL club to the tune of about $8 million a year.

Late yesterday, the club submitted its response to the NRL’s breach notice on the club over the boardroom tapes.

It hasn’t been a great 48 hours for the Gang of Five. On Thursday, NSW Police Fraud Squad boss Arthur Katsogiannis visited the club personally to commence a criminal investigation into dodgy contracts and invoices uncovered in the salary cap investigation.

I never thought the NRL would reduce our penalty.

I've always said they would hold their line and we should be looking for ways to get this in front of a court.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Fair enough, yes it might have been HJ i was thinking of. True the club can afford it but as soon as Toddy handed down the punishment and made such a big deal about it we were always screwed IMO.

Jesus Hiney. Get it f**ken right you gibberer!

emjaycee

Coach
Totally agree..

Too bad only PLC members get to decide and there needs to be 100 signatures on a petition before either option gets tabled.

Hellsy once managed to get a heap of posters on here to join the PDRL club. I wonder how many posters on here are eligible PLC voting members and would bother signing a petition. Given we can't discuss politics in detail in an open thread, i reckon my inbox wouldn't get more than 3 or 4 messages but happy to be proven wrong. ;-)

phantom eel

First Grade
I never thought the NRL would reduce our penalty.

I've always said they would hold their line and we should be looking for ways to get this in front of a court.
So, now that it's been to court, the GO5 have lost and been ordered to pay costs, and the police are now investigating it all... are you ready to give the going to court option a rest, HJ ;-)?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
. Parramatta Eels to be hit with $1.3 million hangover from salary cap rorts

EXCLUSIVE

Parramatta will have to carry more than $1.3 million worth of shonky promised payments in their salary cap during the next three years as the fallout from their systematic cheating threatens future premiership campaigns.

Advertisement
The biggest beneficiary of the payments in future years was to be Kieran Foran.
The biggest beneficiary of the payments in future years was to be Kieran Foran.Photo: Benjamin Tranter
The Eels have promised 10 of their biggest names undisclosed payments for next season totalling $688,600, which the NRL has uncovered as part of a comprehensive forensic audit of the club. Further secret payments have been set aside for 2018 totalling $448,600, while $175,000 of off-the-book money was set aside for 2019.

The NRL will insist the clandestine deals, totalling $1,312,200, be added to the embattled club's salary cap over the next three years. The development will cruel Parramatta's ability to retain and recruit talent and ensure the hangover from their salary cap rorts continues for a long while yet.

Fairfax Media has obtained a copy of the breach notice the governing body sent to the blue and golds, which details the allegations against the club and the five current officials who are allegedly complicit in the cheating. Unless Parramatta and the so-called "gang of five" officials can convince the governing body that they are manifestly excessive, the provisional sanctions – which include the stripping of 12 competition points and a $1 million fine – will stand.

The NRL salary cap will rise to $7.1 million next season, but Eels coach Brad Arthur will only have $6,411,400 at his disposal as the club continues to pay for the sins of its administration.

The biggest beneficiary of the payments in future years was to be Kieran Foran. The troubled Parramatta captain, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season with injury, was scheduled to receive $450,000, spread over the next three years. His former Manly teammate, Anthony Watmough, was to receive $225,000 outside the salary cap next year and a further $175,000 in 2018.

Parramatta is fortunate the former NSW and Australian forward's retirement due to a career-ending knee injury freed up some space, with the majority of his long-term deal covered by insurance and not counting against the cap. However, the Eels will have to wear the $400,000 the club was attempting to pay him over the next two seasons.

Other player payments that will be loaded into future cap payments include: Beau Scott ($40,000 over two years), Semi Radradra ($157,200 over two seasons), Kenny Edwards ($20,000 in 2017), Manu Ma'u ($40,000 in 2017), Michael Jennings ($75,000 over three years), Peni Terepo ($10,000 in 2017), Tepai Moeroa ($20,000 in 2017) and Tim Mannah ($100,000 in 2017).

There is no suggestion that any of the aforementioned players were aware that funds slated for them were in contravention of NRL rules. The NRL stated in the breach notice served to the club that the future undisclosed remuneration commitments "will be counted in the Salary Cap Calculations" for the ensuing seasons.

The club responded to the breach notice by Friday's deadline and is likely to argue that the penalty is manifestly unfair. However, Parramatta's antagonistic approach to the NRL during the investigation is likely to work against them.

Breaking it down: The undisclosed figures.
Breaking it down: The undisclosed figures.

Powerbrokers at Rugby League Central, in possession of damning evidence of illegal payments, gave their Eels counterparts at least half a dozen opportunities to come clean. However, Parramatta administrators continually denied knowledge of impropriety and even threatened a public relations war against the NRL over their probe.

In what could be a further hit to Parramatta's ability to retain and attract players, Will Hopoate's contractual dispute remains before the courts. Should the Canterbury recruit win his case and the NRL deems any payout must count against the salary cap, the blue and golds will only be able to spend a fraction of the money on player payments of their rivals.

The developments threaten the chances of the club retaining Corey Norman, although the drug possession charges laid against the off-contract playmaker are likely to lower his market value. It also lessens the prospect of the club having the funds required to lure code-hopper Jarryd Hayne back to western Sydney.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...er-from-salary-cap-rorts-20160611-gpgxo7.html

El Diablo

Post Whore
1465636596283.png

Watmong has retired yet these f**kers are still including him

good one John Grant you bearded merkin. end yourself

Delboy

First Grade
I hope the emperor, Seeweed and his advisor at the NRL , and the other Pelicans are happy with the damage they are doing to the game in the heart of the west

The frustrating part is that all other clubs have similar payments, better hidden and no factions prepared to move against them.

Grenturd obviously wants to protect from further competition the clubs that were behind his elevation to the top job,

No excuse for the board in not taking the issue to the NRL, but that story has yet to come out. Still ticked off that Greebturds protege was the one that provided the evidence that sunk us

This couldn't have come at a worse time with the club moving out of Parramatta stadium for 2 years. One day we will understand what the current NRL CEO has done to improve competition and the standing of the game. His smug face will slowly screw the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts