What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoochies

First Grade
“Dark day for Parramatta fans,” Tiffany Peats posted.
“Completely shattered to confirm it’s true.
“Not sure, what to think or feel after everything this kid has been through.
“There will never be a replacement for him.
“You, my dear cousin, have made all us Parra fans proud over the time you’ve been with us.
“You’re one of the best damn hookers in the game.
“I think you have been treated unfairly.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...a/news-story/2ebdd79691df1743c08fb25e1f886de3

Peats cousin

Chipmunk

Coach
Tim would be on long serving player allowance which means 300k of his salary doesn't count towards the cap. There would be no point.

And I dare say that he would be the only player eligible for this allowance now that Morgan has gone.

hybrideel

Bench
This is going to cause an even bigger backlash with the Parra fans that the original cap breach media release i reckon.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ok if we are $570k over the cap, we have already been deducted a 12 point penalty for playing when we were over the cap.

So as the season is in May, and contracts commence in November ( 6 months ago). So players have already been paid 50% of their payments.

So if the NRL want us to be cap compliant, shouldn't it mean complaint from Friday night onwards ? They are asking us to be conplaint for 6 months before they notified us.

So shouldn't we only need to reduce our cap spend by $285k ( half of $570k, as 50% of season is over), as we have already been penalised for the period from before this Friday ?

That is my basic point!

Consistency in judging it. So take 12 and make us drop a full years worth of 570k
OR make us drop 285k (ie half year) and take 12
OR take less points if we are going to be operating on a less than full quid roster the rest of the way

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe the fact that our boards over the last several years haven't had the ability to lure in the big names has had something to do with that. And being run by the leagues club would have bugger all to do with it as the sponsors would be associated with the players/team, not the leagues club. They also have a separate board.

The reason we keep getting these boards is because they are elected by Leagues Club members you f**ken twit.

hybrideel

Bench
So if we were $200K under this year before they decided to chuck the last couple of years TPA's in, let's assume that $200K of those TPA's were from this year which puts us on the cap. We are losing Morgan, Watmough and Peats with a combined wage of around $1.5M/year. So our team for the rest of the year is technically running at 78% of the cap. Add in the reported $1.2M that Foran is on and at a guess $150K for Mannah when you take out long service discount and this Friday we are playing with 42% of our cap unavailable

hybrideel

Bench
The reason we keep getting these boards is because they are elected by Leagues Club members you f**ken twit.

Nice. Always pleasant Pou.
How many of those Leagues club members that vote do you think are voting just because they are members of the leagues club and they have nothing better to do?
I would say everyone that votes the PNRL board in does so because they are Parra fans or are part of the factions. Therefore the leagues club itself, other than having to be a member of it to be able to vote is irrelevant

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If its true Peats is leaving, Im very disappointed. :(:x

He's been one our key players in the past few years and have improved our attack with his good dummy half plays and good decision making.

He was potentially gonna be one our best 9's for a long time.

Now the management has f***d us up and we need to either invest in another cheap hooker or keep Cameron King.

strider

Post Whore
I understand the logic behind it ... but i think this is a nail in the coffin of our season

Chipmunk

Coach
If its true Peats is leaving, Im very disappointed. :(:x

He's been one our key players in the past few years and have improved our attack with his good dummy half plays and good decision making.

He was potentially gonna be one our best 9's for a long time.

Now the management has f***d us up and we need to either invest in another cheap hooker or keep Cameron King.

You would imagine that for the price Peats was going to cost to re-sign that we will have IDG, Pritchard and King all here next season.

hindy111

Post Whore
He is one of my favorite players. Great character. And will be missed by his team mates.
We are only trying to get under for this year.

Let me get something correct. We where 200k under the cap? Only TPA's from previous years pushed us over? They only counted half of watmough half of morgan and id assume half of peats contract. So we are effectively 575k under if counted there full salary? Plus the 200k?
Meaning next year we have quite a bit of money to spend

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You would imagine that for the price Peats was going to cost to re-sign that we will have IDG, Pritchard and King all here next season.

My concern with De Gois is he's close to 32 I think, might only play this year and next year, but thankfully Pritchard who's played a few games this year is a good young and up and comer.

Havent watched many games for Wenty, anyone know how Cameron King goes??

hindy111

Post Whore
We basically have had to shed 1.2 million worth of players as NRL is only counting 50% of salary.
So we are 600k under for next year plus whatever figure of the 575 was from this year or previous plus the 200k we where supposed to be under.
Do i have this correct or was this just media bullshit and we where 775K over this year from TPAS minus the 200k

Status
Not open for further replies.