What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day Thread Round 22 v The Wahs Friday 2nd August 6pm AEST

Gronk

Staff member
Good game. Everyone played their role.

Keir and Lussick kept the seat warm for Matto and hands and did fine.

All aided by poor Warriors line speed and sloppy markers.

Gutho, Will, Russell, Asi, Dylan all great.

I thought that Asi’s defence tidied up a few air swings by Talagi.

Reg, Joe, Hands, Matto, Carty, Lane were huge. Well supported by Moretti.

Maybe only Emu was a bit quiet. I’d be looking to debut a another lad. Give Jock a shot.

Soto

Bench
Enjoy the win and move on.

Gutho has done a lot for this club.

I can accept the criticism for his off field leadership.

But in 201 games for the blue and gold he has never not tried for the joint.
If we are guaranteed to not get the spoon I'd let him go early and do whatever op, clean-up etc required so he can come back and be better and stronger again next yr. When Gutho is on he's a fkn competitor and hopefully this is what inspires the others.. also hopefully Ryles can tweak the others who will remain..
I hope there are 5 or 6 signings.
A great off season and getting this team fit will result in a lot of improvement.
I'm sure there are quite a few twists and turns with recruitment and retention...
Barrett has been good for these guys.
I don't believe any coach with this roster would've achieved much more...
Whether he stays or goes he has shown absolute class

MikeE7

Juniors
Yep happy with the win and wasn't it a delight to see defensive resilience for large chunks of the match!....our most out of form players such as Asi, Lussick, Lane all seemed to have their best matches in the same game and most of the others around them all followed suit.....I'm glad they were all on the same page in D which will give them some confidence in the remaining weeks, they just have to want to do it so whatever the driving force behind tonight was whether it be avoiding the spoon or playing for a contract just keep it up!.....I'm thinking 1 more win should secure a "non spoon" year as I'm sure the tigers will jag one sooner or later.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yep happy with the win and wasn't it a delight to see defensive resilience for large chunks of the match!....our most out of form players such as Asi, Lussick, Lane all seemed to have their best matches in the same game and most of the others around them all followed suit.....I'm glad they were all on the same page in D which will give them some confidence in the remaining weeks, they just have to want to do it so whatever the driving force behind tonight was whether it be avoiding the spoon or playing for a contract just keep it up!.....I'm thinking 1 more win should secure a "non spoon" year as I'm sure the tigers will jag one sooner or later.

Probably in the last round.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity I was one of those clowns. Whatever happens, we need him in the team. He is the all effort player in our team. In defence he is top 3

All good Wal. I've just never seen him as a player in those two positions.
Hope your hangover isn't too bad today. :)