What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel01s

Bench
So the worst part of the news today is that Schuey is in negotiations with the NRL over how much TPAs will be included in the cap next year. How many times are we to be penalized?

Gronk

Staff member
Newcastle businesswoman Tracy McKelligott has denied being involved in an alleged scheme to hide illicit payments from Parramatta to star player Anthony Watmough.
Transcripts published on Monday of an Eels board meeting in June last year detail directors discussing an alleged arrangement between former chief executive Scott Seward and McKelligott to circumvent the salary cap via inflated invoices from McKelligott.
Payments from Parramatta worth $50,000 a year would go to Watmough for four years via PJ Promotions, a company owned by McKelligott's father that was shut down in August.
In the meeting, one board member, Tanya Gadiel, describes the arrangement as "fraud".
McKelligott was contracted as a brand marketing manager by the Eels, through her firm Eclipse Events and PR Group, from 2013 until July last year.
In the transcripts, chief executive John Boulous, football manager Daniel Anderson and board members Gadiel, Andrew Cordwell, Steve Sharp, Tom Issa and Peter Serrao discuss the alleged arrangement involving McKelligott and PJ Promotions. Sharp suggests the payments for Watmough were to be included as part of an inflated $200,000 annual fee McKelligott charged to the club for her services.
McKelligott told Fairfax Media on Tuesday that she had never inflated invoices to accommodate secret club payments.
"I have never charged anything other than my monthly retainer to those guys, even when I worked well over those hours within that retainer," she said.
Boulous says at one point in the meeting that McKelligott is "in the office one to two days a week, and she's on call the rest of the time based in Newcastle".
"The lies that have been coming out of those minutes are just mind-blowing," McKelligott said. "How they can say they didn't know what I did ... I was working more than one to two days. Everybody knows ... I was working three and four days a week down there. I was busting my guts for that place."
She said she felt like a scapegoat in the Eels' salary-cap scandal. "It's really hurtful. I've worked for 20 years to have my reputation."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ap-scandal-20160517-goxj7s.html#ixzz48x601uwm
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

cv8z

Juniors
Kent again said tonight that Sharp lied at the AGM saying that we were $300k under the cap. Then the NRL told them that they were really $570k over.

Um pretty sure that the $570k over was because of the bundled TPAs.

<No not defending the Board Jake, merkin>

Kent is so used to twisting the truth that he really does not know when he's lying or not.
He also lied by confirming he'd step down if we lost points

Avenger

Immortal
There is no more putrid and disgusting human being than Kent. His hatred and bias is so obvious. Never have I hated anyone in the media more. Just a shit human being with shit associates. Hello Ricky.

ash411

Bench
Why are people acting like this latest round of media "revelations" are new information?

All of this came from the Breach notice, so none of this is any more damning than it was a month ago. It changes nothing.

As for the police deciding to investigate, good. I don't care if any of the Board members go to jail over this, if they deserve to, then they absolutely should.

But we should all keep fighting with each other about stuff that already happened that we can't change, that will help, let's stay firmly focused on the past, cause that has always been a winning strategy.

emjaycee

Coach
He also lied by confirming he'd step down if we lost points

Let's not let the truth get in the way of a good post.
IIRC he said "I will step down if it means we don't lose points"

Less than 12 hours later the NRL turned up at Eels HQ and told him we had lost points AND he was de-registered. When did he get the chance to step down and save our points again?

#notsupportingsharpjusttruthinposting

Kornstar

Coach
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ap-scandal-20160517-goxj7s.html#ixzz48x601uwm
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Is she suggesting that the conversations were scripted? Because these are not quotes from an interview, these were recorded conversations a year ago.

Does she think these dumb f**ks had the foresight to record these minutes knowing they'd get caught just to deflect blame from them?

The only relevance anything she's says has is if she can show she got all that money and it wasn't funnelled to a player. That would also positively improve our situation as well, surely?

emjaycee

Coach
Not defending his form but pretty sure he said that he would fall on his sword if it meant that we woul not lose points.

Less than 12 hours later the NRL turned up at Eels HQ and told him we had lost points AND he was de-registered. When did he get the chance to step down and save our points again?

You beat me to it Gronk :D

Gronk

Staff member
Is she suggesting that the conversations were scripted? Because these are not quotes from an interview, these were recorded conversations a year ago.

Does she think these dumb f**ks had the foresight to record these minutes knowing they'd get caught just to deflect blame from them?

The only relevance anything she's says has is if she can show she got all that money and it wasn't funnelled to a player. That would also positively improve our situation as well, surely?

Perhaps her company was used in our cunning TPA plans without her knowledge ?

Cheque written up to pay one person but the funds channeled elswhere ?

cv8z

Juniors
Not defending his form but pretty sure he said that he would fall on his sword if it meant that we woul not lose points.

You both may be right. I thought the question at the AGM was to the effect will you step down if we lose points.

ash411

Bench
You both may be right. I thought the question at the AGM was to the effect will you step down if we lose points.

The question was if he would step down if it could save us from losing points. i.e. we'd lose x amount of points less if he steps down.

Kornstar

Coach
Perhaps her company was used in our cunning TPA plans without her knowledge ?

Cheque written up to pay one person but the funds channeled elswhere ?

Possibly and if that's the case whoever instigated and signed the cheque are going to jail!

Stagger eel

Staff member
There is no more putrid and disgusting human being than Kent. His hatred and bias is so obvious. Never have I hated anyone in the media more. Just a shit human being with shit associates. Hello Ricky.

Avenger meet Peter Peters, Fat f**k meet Avenger....

strider

Post Whore

Avenger

Immortal
Attention Gary

Bet deposited. Please see your messages for verification.

Nice choice of charity by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.