What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
Ash, get a reality check lol this is a spectator sport not your career.

I would care if we got a lesser sentence but now the writing is on the wall we are no hope this year. Doesn't mean I like it.

Huh? I don't quite understand what you mean there..

So you're saying if we win enough games, and earn enough points to finish in 8th or better on the ladder, we still won't make the finals? I'm finding it hard to understand your logic.

I never said we're a sure thing, or that I'm going to slit my wrists if we don't make it, I even said it was a slim chance. But I am deciding to have a positive outlook and keep hope that we can still make it.

Better that than being a defeatist. Call it "being real" all you like, it's a defeatist attitude, and that never got anyone anywhere.

ash411

Bench
if the paper is relating to the eels salary cap case and it has PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL plastered all over the cover i'm guessing it has sensitive and personal information about the board and/or the club inside

Yeah, good point. If it had private information on anyone at the Eels that would be grounds I suppose.

It'd be interested to see if personal info was blacked out on the leaked document...

I really hope that the board have learnt their lesson from this sorry affair - namely, don't f**king record yourself cheating.

With Hayne on the market and Norman off contract, we really need to step up the cheating. Now is the perfect time as no one will suspect we'd be at it again so soon. :D

jono

Juniors
Yep best time to break the speed limit is straight after you get booked.
In fact, donut your way away from the Highway Patrol to give them something to think about!

muznik

Juniors
There is about 20 questions I am itching to ask Greenberg and been praying someone would, but it never happens. No one asks the good questions, the ones fans want answers to and they never will.

Like I've said before, you go against the grain whether your in the media or a sporting star, your gonna get crucified either way. That's why everyone just shuts up and asks the stupid questions, which mind you have already been asked an answered plenty of times.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwitterAU/status/732724899790249984?p=v

Maybe here's your chance !

well if it has seward's full statement inside instead of the bullshit cover note the club got we know it's from the nrl

if there is sensitive personal information inside about the board or other club employees that ends up on the front page you could sue for that

Sue for what? If the information is substantively true, there is no prospect of a defamation finding in NSW. The fact that it is embarrassing to the people in the transcript doesn't cut it.

What sensitive personal information has been disclosed? Nobody's tax file number, or medical records have been published.

Yep best time to break the speed limit is straight after you get booked.
In fact, donut your way away from the Highway Patrol to give them something to think about!

My mate got pinged once on the way into Goulburn, then once on the way out of the town (after stopping for lunch in between).......by the same cop. f**king dickhead.

What sensitive personal information has been disclosed? Nobody's tax file number, or medical records have been published.

nothing has come out yet but i have to assume that it has private and confidential in big letters on the front for a reason
possibly it has info on player salaries and bank accounts

T-Boon

Coach
Easily the most dubious stone left unturned here is the link between Seward and Greenberg including this "before you start asking" article by the Telegraph.

ash411

Bench
nothing has come out yet but i have to assume that it has private and confidential in big letters on the front for a reason
possibly it has info on player salaries and bank accounts

Putting "private and confidential" on internal company documents isn't unusual. It doesn't mean that there is private or sensitive personal information in there.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Ash, you are what is known in other circles as a "useful idiot".

The NRL have worked it so we won't make the finals no matter what the circumstances. The carrot that is dangled is readily consumed by someone like you who doesn't realise this.

If we do not lose enough games for the NRL's liking before they hand down their verdict, they will not allow us to play for points.

They have stripped enough points to ensure we are effectively unable to make the finals regardless of whether the punishment is more severe or not.

I hope we win as many games as possible and I will still be excited to watch them play every week but I'm not going to invest myself emotionally with this shit in 2016.

You may as well lock yourself in a room now and start whipping yourself.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
Ash, you are what is known in other circles as a "useful idiot".

The NRL have worked it so we won't make the finals no matter what the circumstances. The carrot that is dangled is readily consumed by someone like you who doesn't realise this.

If we do not lose enough games for the NRL's liking before they hand down their verdict, they will not allow us to play for points.

They have stripped enough points to ensure we are effectively unable to make the finals regardless of whether the punishment is more severe or not.

I hope we win as many games as possible and I will still be excited to watch them play every week but I'm not going to invest myself emotionally with this shit in 2016.

You may as well lock yourself in a room now and start whipping yourself now.

What has the NRL said to give you any indication that they are going to prevent us from playing in the finals?

They took 12 points because that's how many points we earned while deemed to be over the cap. Pretty logical if you ask me.

But yeah, you're right, the NRL will rig their own competition to stop us from playing finals , that makes much more sense.

If our season was over I would be watching the games anyway, as would most Eels fans. Look at what happened with the Storm, they were playing with ZERO hope of making the finals, and their fans flocked to games in droves, if anything it helped cement their fanbase, not drive them away. And further to that, Interest in watching them play other teams increased as well, as the fans of other teams wanted to see their team beat the storm to teach them a lesson..

Swiftstylez

Bench
It is less about rigging and more to do with probabilities. Prevention is not rigging.

I never said anything about not watching games.

Last Week

Bench
They took 12 points because that's how many points we earned while deemed to be over the cap. Pretty logical if you ask me.

Remembering, we're apparently only over this year because the NRL lumped previous years' dodgy third party deals into this year's salary cap. I'm still 50/50 as to whether this is true or not.

ash, you are what is known in other circles as a "useful idiot".

The nrl have worked it so we won't make the finals no matter what the circumstances. The carrot that is dangled is readily consumed by someone like you who doesn't realise this.

If we do not lose enough games for the nrl's liking before they hand down their verdict, they will not allow us to play for points.

I hope we win as many games as possible and i will still be excited to watch them play every week but i'm not going to invest myself emotionally with this shit in 2016.

You may as well lock yourself in a room now and start whipping yourself.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.