What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Why does anyone care if they still play for points this season other then giving the players some motivation?

Everyone needed to swallow the bitter pill when the NRL made it's decision. It was cynaide to the 2016 season, maybe not an instant death but a prolonged suffering that should have been deemed inevitable upon consumption.

ash411

Bench
Why does anyone care if they still play for points this season other then giving the players some motivation?

Everyone needed to swallow the bitter pill when the NRL made it's decision. It was cynaide to the 2016 season, maybe not an instant death but a prolonged suffering that should have been deemed inevitable upon consumption.

The fact is that if we win the 12 games we need to, which yes I'll give you is a long shot, we can and will play finals football.

That's why we care. The fact that you don't is upsetting to me.

No one is denying that we are being punished, and that it's a huge blow, but it's not season ending, making the finals is up to the team, like it always was.

Perhaps her company was used in our cunning TPA plans without her knowledge ?

please don't use the words cunning and our tpa plans in the same sentence
the only way they could have made it more obvious would be if they had it on a flashing billboard outside the club

Djay

Juniors
Why are people acting like this latest round of media "revelations" are new information?

All of this came from the Breach notice, so none of this is any more damning than it was a month ago. It changes nothing.

As for the police deciding to investigate, good. I don't care if any of the Board members go to jail over this, if they deserve to, then they absolutely should.

But we should all keep fighting with each other about stuff that already happened that we can't change, that will help, let's stay firmly focused on the past, cause that has always been a winning strategy.

That's what I don't understand and everyone jumps on it as if it's new and damning findings.

Are people that thick? It was in the 64 page breach notice, Parramatta are just absolutely copping it in the media it's bloody relentless.

On the breach notice, who, how and why has that been leaked to the media? It never ends.

ash411

Bench
That's what I don't understand and everyone jumps on it as if it's new and damning findings.

Are people that thick? It was in the 64 page breach notice, Parramatta are just absolutely copping it in the media it's bloody relentless.

On the breach notice, who, how and why has that been leaked to the media? It never ends.

My guess is that someone at LeagueHQ is on the take. It's the only logical conclusion. There's only two places they could have gotten it from, either the Eels, or the NRL. Why would the Eels leak a breach notice to allow the media to continue shitcanning us in the papers? Stupid or not, no one is THAT stupid.

emjaycee

Coach
My guess is that someone at LeagueHQ is on the take. It's the only logical conclusion. There's only two places they could have gotten it from, either the Eels, or the NRL. Why would the Eels leak a breach notice to allow the media to continue shitcanning us in the papers? Stupid or not, no one is THAT stupid.

Maybe there is a train of thought that some directors got off lightly and the leaking of the breach notice is a way to put media and hence members pressure on them?

#justsayingago9soundsbetter

why aren't we suing the shit out of the nrl and the media over this?
can you imagine if in the middle of a murder trial the autopsy report got leaked to the media? there would be hell to pay

cv8z

Juniors
can you imagine if in the middle of a murder trial the autopsy report got leaked to the media? there would be hell to pay

We need to get Johnnie Cochran to represent the club

ash411

Bench

The defense lawyer would successfully have the trial declares a mistrial. and would probably move to have all charges dismissed, that would more than likely fail though..

I'm not sure what grounds we have to sue the NRL for leaking it's own IP though..

Gronk

Staff member

You would need to get the Journo to reveal their source to lay blame and that is not easy.

Just ask the world's richest woman who tried to force a jurno into revealing his sources. She failed.

Rinehart fails to force journalist to reveal sources

http://www.smh.com.au/national/rine...rnalist-to-reveal-sources-20130806-2rdjb.html

Djay

Juniors

Exactly, it's a farce, I've counted I think 17 days in a row Parramatta have either been on the back page of the paper or gotten a good 2-6 page article on them.

That aside this stuff is confidential so why does Kent, Rothfield, Massoud and all the other hounds get all this information and put there own spin on it, which is to crucify our club.

We have done wrong and cheated but f**k me this is getting out of hand, suing should be just the start.

Trial by media this whole process has been.

ash411

Bench
You would need to get the Journo to reveal their source to lay blame and that is not easy.

Just ask the world's richest woman who tried to force a jurno into revealing his sources. She failed.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/rine...rnalist-to-reveal-sources-20130806-2rdjb.html

Aren't journalists sources protected by law? I know that is a thing in the U.S. is it the same here?

I think though in extreme cases they can hold the journo in contempt for refusing to reveal their sources (the nixon "deep throat" trial springs to mind) but they cannot compel you to reveal it.

Again, that's US law, not sure if that applies here, so many people make that mistake, thinking that laws that apply in the US (5th Amendment for example) apply in Australia.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Ash, get a reality check lol this is a spectator sport not your career.

I would care if we got a lesser sentence but now the writing is on the wall we are no hope this year. Doesn't mean I like it.

What do you think we could sue either the media or the NRL for (assuming you had evidence that the NRL was behind the leaks, rather than disgruntled insiders)?

The best we could do was include this in our response to the breaches, arguing some sort of abuse of process.....but I don't think it's going to do any good.

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly, it's a farce, I've counted I think 17 days in a row Parramatta have either been on the back page of the paper or gotten a good 2-6 page article on them.

That aside this stuff is confidential so why does Kent, Rothfield, Massoud and all the other hounds get all this information and put there own spin on it, which is to crucify our club.

We have done wrong and cheated but f**k me this is getting out of hand, suing should be just the start.

Trial by media this whole process has been.

Well the media should be asking the hard questions to Todd as to how the breach notice was released to the media.

Oh wait, that prolly won't work.

Djay

Juniors
Well the media should be asking the hard questions to Todd as to how the breach notice was released to the media.

Oh wait, that prolly won't work.

There is about 20 questions I am itching to ask Greenberg and been praying someone would, but it never happens. No one asks the good questions, the ones fans want answers to and they never will.

Like I've said before, you go against the grain whether your in the media or a sporting star, your gonna get crucified either way. That's why everyone just shuts up and asks the stupid questions, which mind you have already been asked an answered plenty of times.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Only reason points matter is to avoid a spoon, which is a fictional award anyway. I will be counting wins not points this season regardless.

I'm not sure what grounds we have to sue the NRL for leaking it's own IP though..

if the paper is relating to the eels salary cap case and it has PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL plastered all over the cover i'm guessing it has sensitive and personal information about the board and/or the club inside

What do you think we could sue either the media or the NRL for (assuming you had evidence that the NRL was behind the leaks, rather than disgruntled insiders)?

The best we could do was include this in our response to the breaches, arguing some sort of abuse of process.....but I don't think it's going to do any good.

well if it has seward's full statement inside instead of the bullshit cover note the club got we know it's from the nrl

if there is sensitive personal information inside about the board or other club employees that ends up on the front page you could sue for that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts