What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap Mk V

ash411

Bench
How do the neighbours know that the works are not being undertaken as a complying development and that said merkin's Independent Certifier hasn't approved the plans and issued a construction certificate ?

Agree that some certifiers are dodgy as though.
I'll bet Todd had something to do with it.

Suitman

Post Whore
How do the neighbours know that the works are not being undertaken as a complying development and that said merkin's Independent Certifier hasn't approved the plans and issued a construction certificate ?

Agree that some certifiers are dodgy as though.

upload_2016-8-12_15-45-26.png

FFS Gronk, does that look like a renovation or a complying development to you?
I'm working with a Private certifier at the moment at a job at Roseville. I had to jump through hoops just to move the positioning of a set of stairs off the back deck.
I'm not at all surprised that council have shut this site down.
Renovation my arse.

Gronk

Staff member
View attachment 9032

FFS Gronk, does that look like a renovation or a complying development to you?
I'm working with a Private certifier at the moment at a job at Roseville. I had to jump through hoops just to move the positioning of a set of stairs off the back deck.
I'm not at all surprised that council have shut this site down.
Renovation my arse.

Well you would know as well as I do that you only need to keep a wall or two to get it through as a additions and alterations complying development. No defending the Cheddid merkin in any way.

You can also build a new house under a complying development provided that it complies with minimum block size etc. --> https://www.onegov.nsw.gov.au/new/agencies/ehc

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Well you would know as well as I do that you only need to keep a wall or two to get it through as a additions and alterations complying development. No defending the Cheddid merkin in any way.

Not in any council area I've worked in, so no, I wouldn't.
You should then know as well as I do that any proposed alteration and addition in a heritage or draft heritage area is exempt from complying development and needs a full DA.
But seriously Gronk. Did you see the picture?
I know of NO council who would pass that as a complying development.
Particularly in a snobby area like Oatlands.

Gronk

Staff member
Not in any council area I've worked in, so no, I wouldn't.
You should then know as well as I do that any proposed alteration and addition in a heritage or draft heritage area is exempt from complying development and needs a full DA.
But seriously Gronk. Did you see the picture?
I know of NO council who would pass that as a complying development.
Particularly in a snobby area like Oatlands.

With respect, not all of the homes in Oatlands are heritage or draft heritage, flood liable etc and you can build a new home as a complying development providing that you tick all the boxes.

https://www.onegov.nsw.gov.au/new/agencies/ehc

Snobby lol it was housing commission beside the golf course behind the boys homes when I grew up there. How things must have changed. Kingsdene (other side of Pennant Hills Rd) had more snob value.

All more snobby than where I grew up anyway in Dundas Valley. Actually the houses over the back fence (Coxs Cres) were DV. So I was in Carlingford by a few metres.
shades.gif

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
With respect, not all of the homes in Oatlands are heritage or draft heritage, flood liable etc and you can build a new home as a complying development providing that you tick all the boxes.

https://www.onegov.nsw.gov.au/new/agencies/ehc

Snobby lol it was housing commission beside the golf course behind the boys homes when I grew up there. How things must have changed. Kingsdene (other side of Pennant Hills Rd) had more snob value.

All more snobby than where I grew up anyway in Dundas Valley. Actually the houses over the back fence (Coxs Cres) were DV. So I was in Carlingford by a few metres.
shades.gif

I don't disagree with much of what you said, but you still haven't answered my question.
Does that "reno" (lol) in that picture above look like a complying development?
The council don't put stop work notices on developments without a good reason, particularly if you have "ticked" all the boxes.
A construction certificate is just another excuse for councils to collect fees. All the work is done during the DA or Complying Development stage.
And I never said any part of Oatlands was heritage. I just said that if an area IS heritage or draft heritage listed, you cannot get a complying development, pointing out to you that if one HAS ticked all the boxes, doesn't necessarily mean they can go straight to a certifier for a CC.

I quote from your link regarding complying developments......

Providing the proposal meets specific criteria then it can be determined by a Council or private certifier without needing a full development application.

Providing the proposal meets specific criteria.

There are a lot of variables in that "specific criteria". I've had to deal with many of them over the years.
I previously mentioned just a few.
I forgot to mention Bushfire risk zones earlier as well - also not complying development friendly, just another nightmare I'm dealing with currently in Chatswood West. The red tape is mind numbing and the extraordinary added expenses to the client make a normal proposal almost cost prohibitive.

So, you just cannot come and say what you did in your first reply to the article I quoted. You don't know the details of the application, and as I said, council WILL NOT stop work without good reason.

emjaycee

Coach
Why is Suity hijacking the salary cap thread, and taking it off topic?

:oops:
Umm, i think the goings on of John Chedid were/are more relevant to our Salary Cap and hence this thread then say the goings on of a new Titans signing that last played for us in 2014 and yet you have managed close to 100 posts about him in numerous threads.

May be time to give your Suitman chasing a rest and just enjoy the game tonight.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't disagree with much of what you said, but you still haven't answered my question.
Does that "reno" (lol) in that picture above look like a complying development?
The council don't put stop work notices on developments without a good reason, particularly if you have "ticked" all the boxes.
A construction certificate is just another excuse for councils to collect fees. All the work is done during the DA or Complying Development stage.
And I never said any part of Oatlands was heritage. I just said that if an area IS heritage or draft heritage listed, you cannot get a complying development, pointing out to you that if one HAS ticked all the boxes, doesn't necessarily mean they can go straight to a certifier for a CC.

I quote from your link regarding complying developments......

Providing the proposal meets specific criteria.

There are a lot of variables in that "specific criteria". I've had to deal with many of them over the years.
I previously mentioned just a few.
I forgot to mention Bushfire risk zones earlier as well - also not complying development friendly, just another nightmare I'm dealing with currently in Chatswood West. The red tape is mind numbing and the extraordinary added expenses to the client make a normal proposal almost cost prohibitive.

So, you just cannot come and say what you did in your first reply to the article I quoted. You don't know the details of the application, and as I said, council WILL NOT stop work without good reason.

All I was pointing out is that you can build a substantially or completely new dwelling under compliance development.

I know of jobs that have stop wok orders issued because Madge across the road complained and the council merkin could not reach the certifier.

Anyway you're right. None of us know the details. If I had to punt on the truth, my money would be that the lebanese was cutting corners.

Suitman

Post Whore
All I was pointing out is that you can build a substantially or completely new dwelling under compliance development.

I know of jobs that have stop wok orders issued because Madge across the road complained and the council merkin could not reach the certifier.

Anyway you're right. None of us know the details. If I had to punt on the truth, my money would be that the lebanese was cutting corners.

Well, there's a few shocks in that post.
Hence me posting the original article.

phantom eel

First Grade
Umm, i think the goings on of John Chedid were/are more relevant to our Salary Cap and hence this thread
Yeah, except Suity's now rabitting on about whether or not he's right about something on the internet, and no longer posting about John Chedid/salary cap... hence off-topic.

May be time to give your Suitman chasing a rest and just enjoy the game tonight.
I have a policy - when Suitman starts "chasing" me and positing specifically about me in a thread on a given day (as he did today), I'll continue in return to him on that day.

An examination of posting history will indicate that Suity tends to be the instigator of these situations, despite his protests otherwise. But so nice of you to be balanced and not take sides... :D

Gronk

Staff member
I just threw up in my mouth. Tabakoff got a Kennedy Award for his coverage of the Parramatta Eels last night.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, except Suity's now rabitting on about whether or not he's right about something on the internet, and no longer posting about John Chedid/salary cap... hence off-topic.

I have a policy - when Suitman starts "chasing" me and positing specifically about me in a thread on a given day (as he did today), I'll continue in return to him on that day.

An examination of posting history will indicate that Suity tends to be the instigator of these situations, despite his protests otherwise. But so nice of you to be balanced and not take sides... :D

you need to get a life

Gronk

Staff member
Well to be fair, he was pretty spot on with everything he uncovered and reported.

Not hard to be spot on when a whistleblower dumps 700 pages of leaked docs on your lap. A cadet journo could have gone to print with it and had the same result. How much investigative journalism did he actually do ? Zip.

#nuffy

69187179a85cc63ca975d29d0d4612e6