What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels seek new view for Smith + <sigh> yet more Jamie Lyon News...

StEely Matt

Juniors
Hey don't know if anyone saw this yet or if someone has posted it...

The bottom couple of paragraphs talk about Jamie Lyon...

Eels seek new view for Smith

By DEAN RITCHIE
June 06, 2006

PARRAMATTA hope additional television angles may show that halfback Jeremy Smith made no contact with referee Sean Hampstead in Friday night's match.

The Eels were last night calling for new footage of the controversial incident.
Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald will view new vision today before making a decision on whether to fight Smith's grade five contrary conduct charge.
If he pleads guilty, Smith will be suspended for four matches. Should he fight and lose the charge, Smith will be outed for six games.
Smith is likely to plead guilty today.
NRL officials last night were convinced contact was made between Smith and Hampstead.
They claim it is minimal though.
But the officials also claim intent must be taken into account over the incident.
Smith menacingly attempted to push Hampstead near fulltime in Friday night's game, won 8-1 by the Dragons at OKI Jubilee Stadium.
"So many times you want to throttle the referee but you just can't do it," said Smith's teammate Nathan Hindmarsh.
"He just slipped up."
In April, Melbourne five-eighth Scott Hill accepted a two-match ban for making deliberate contact with referee Jason Robinson in a match against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt.
Meanwhile, Jamie Lyon has set his sights on leaving St Helens with a Super League and Challenge Cup double. The former Test centre, who is expected to return to his old club Parramatta when his contract with Saints runs out at the end of the season, scored 20 points to help the league leaders reach the last four of the Challenge Cup.

V1er

Juniors
Same old story we've heard for the last few weeks, groundbreaking reporting there.:roll:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Gees, that's embarrassing...:oops:

Let it go, Denis. He's guilty as hell.

If you watch the footage you can see J Smith get pushed by a Dragon and you could argue he thought that Hampstead was a Dragon because he isn't actually looking at him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
If you watch the footage you can see J Smith get pushed by a Dragon and you could argue he thought that Hampstead was a Dragon because he isn't actually looking at him.

please tell me your joking???:roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I must be blind, because:

* The footage clearly shows Hampstead walking away after the incident and Jeremy staring right at him AND mouthing off;

* There was an article where a teammate of his (Hindy?) was interviewed and he said something like, "Jezza feels real guilty about it."

He's guilty as hell.

strider

Post Whore
Jeremy WAS swung in Hampsteads direction by a St George player ..... BUT I think even OJ's lawyer would have trouble trying to prove Jeremy didn't mean to do it :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
Jeremy WAS swung in Hampsteads direction by a St George player ..... BUT I think even OJ's lawyer would have trouble trying to prove Jeremy didn't mean to do it

If the glove don't fit - you must acquit. :lol:

V1er

Juniors
Didnt a player years ago tackle the ref and his excuse was that he was colour blind, maybe jeremy could use the same excuse :sarcasm:

The longer this Lyon thing goes on the more likely it looks he will sign with someone else. only 24 days til silly season if he isn't a offical signing in the next 10 days I think he will be playing else where.

eelsta

Bench
parra-matters said:
The longer this Lyon thing goes on the more likely it looks he will sign with someone else. only 24 days til silly season if he isn't a offical signing in the next 10 days I think he will be playing else where.

or staying where he is!!! either way just get it over with

Latest posts