What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels set to sign Thorman

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBT

Juniors
From the Indie:

Chris Thorman, one of Britain's most promising young players, is set to turn his back on offers in this country to sign a contract with the Australian club, Parramatta. The London Broncos half-back had been expected to sign a three-year deal with Hull this week.

Full article at: http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_league/story.jsp?story=428846

This is great news for a lad born and raised on Tyneside, outside the traditional Rugby League area of GB. The first Geordie to play first class Rugby League.

midas

Juniors
Gav
Do you have any more info on Thorman?
Apparently he won MOM in your Origin game over there,War of The Roses or whatever and he,s in the National squad of 26,but apart from that ,there,s not much known out here.

legend

Coach
I hoe he goes well. IMO, the GB squad was at it's strongest when blokes like Garry Schofield, Ellery Hanley, Martin Offiah, Kevin Ward, Jonathan Davies and Garry Connolly were plying their trade in Australia. It made the poms more competitive playing with the Aussies on a weekly basis.

Good luck to the young bloke.

GBT

Juniors
Midas,
Thorman was MoM in the Origin match, but against a very poor Lancashire side. I can't see him going further than the squad of 26 at the moment. Hopefully the move to Parramatta will improve his game. He has two younger brothers, Paul and Neil who play for Gateshead Thunder in national league 2.

Legend,
I don't see large numbers of Brits playing down under, at least not in the immediate future. That period you mentioned occurred when we played in the winter and a player could supplement his income.

midas

Juniors
Thanks,Gav.
Will Thorman be a contender for the Test 17?I assume Sculthorpe is a certainty for the 5/8 job.
If he,s up to it,he could be good for Parra as Adam Dykes has been a major disappointment and while John Morris is going really well at 5/8,I think he would be better value at hooker.

GBT

Juniors
Midas, I'd be surprised if Thorman made the 17. If Long and Deacon are fit, Waite will almost certainly put those two ahead of Thorman.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
this guy looks ok,seen him a few times on fox and he looks like he may have what it takes to make a name for himself in the nrl(i hope) :D

anyway this is my 1st post so i better say hi to all the eels fans in here :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thorman is a gun!!......if he was playing for a Bradord or Leeds he'd be the number 1 choice for half!!,

I expect under Brian's tuition for him to really improve his game next year....and i do believe he will play alot of First Grade at Parra if not permanent!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Thorman is a gun!!......if he was playing for a Bradord or Leeds he'd be the number 1 choice for half!!,

I expect under Brian's tuition for him to really improve his game next year....and i do believe he will play alot of First Grade at Parra if not permanent!!

Maybe that's where things went wrong.

Suity

Utey

Coach
Iam not sure. Thorman was very disappointing. I praised him against the sharks but he was to inconsistant. I was happy for him to come but Smith got the combination wrong from the start. Thorman shouldve wore the 6 for a little while longer. Defense was very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts