What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels sign Fa'aoso

Parramatta has confirmed the signing of former Castleford, Roosters and Penrith forward Richard Fa'aoso.

Fa'aso's signing, follows the move of Michael Vella to English Super League newbie Hull KR.

While Fa'aso was a back-rower while in Australia, Parramatta is more likely to use him in a front row capacity.

The Eels go into the 2007 season with six props with NRL experience - Nathan Cayless, Fuifui Moimoi, Aaron Cannings, Josh Cordoba, Justin Tsoulos and Fa'aoso, while the likes of Junior Paulo and Brendan Oake provide additional depth.

http://www.filthy_spammers.com/index.php

caylo

Bench
i would actually prefer him in the backrow, he would add alot of go forward we miss there. if her preforms, i would like to see.
11 Hindy
12 Fa'aso
13 Robenson/ Wagon/ Ian

14 Marsh
15 Mateo

1.Jarryd Hayne
2.Luke Burt
3.Ben Smith
4.Timana Tahu
5.Eric Grothe
6.Brett Finch
7.Tim Smith
8.Nathan Cayless
9.Mark Riddell
10.Fuifui Moimoi
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Richard Fa'aoso
13.Chad Robinson

14.PJ Marsh
15.Feleti Mateo
16.Daniel Wagon
17.Josh Cordober

18.Ian Hindmarsh
19.Todd Lowrie
20.Aaron Cannings
21.Blake Green
22.Kris Inu

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'm still banking on this side

1. Joel Reddy
2. Kris inu
3. Tahu
4. Hayne
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Moi Moi
9. Riddel
10. Cayless
11. Hindy
12. Fa'soso
13. Mateo

14. Marsh
15. Robinson/ Lowrie
16. Cannings/wagon/ I Hindy
17. Cordoba

Eelectrica

Referee
Looks like we have plenty of depth in the forwards next year.
Next season Tsoulos and Cannings will have to have a big year and hope the injury bug doesn't bite.

Parraren

Bench
Eelementary said:
How big is he, though?

Is he going to play like Robinson does in the front row? :?

This was posted a few weeks back on filthy_spammers.com by 'EELicit'....
I just did some research on this bloke and everything i have read about him is very good, He was brought to the Panthers from Nth QlD Aspley as a youngster, and made first grade playing in the second row, he was noticed by Ricky Stuart and signed up for the Roosters, he started his Roosters stint a little shaky how ever he found his feet and was a very big weapon in Ricky's Roosters. He played second row at the Roosters weighing in at 97kg.

He then joined Castleford Tigers and has cemented his starting spot in the front row after building his body muscle to weigh in at 105kg and is now a formidable front rower.

He has been playing with his countryman Fui Fui and Feleti Mateo for Tonga in the world cup qualifiers and all reports show that Richard Fa'aoso and Fui Fui are a very scary and intimidating forward pack.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
He had alot of potential when he first came onto the scene for panthers, I'll be very interested to see how he goes for us now that he has had a few years experience. Our pack looks much better with this this signing :clap:

bartman

Immortal
Eelementary said:
How big is he, though?

Is he going to play like Robinson does in the front row? :?
He is a big boy, looks massive across the shoulders... saw him play for Tonga at Leeds recently, in the second row.

I'd say he'd be like Robbo, able to handle a bit of both when needed. I don't think he's straight into the starting 13, but based on performance in the same competition should be on the level of Ian Hindy (ie bench prospects and handy to have around).

My guess for first choice pack:

8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh N
12. Robinson
13. ? Wagon/Lowrie/Mateo

Bench props (from): Cordoba, Cannings, Tsoulos...
Bench back rowers (from): Hindmarsh I, Fa'aoso, Lowrie/Mateo/Wagon...

Looking healthy.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Kris Inu/Luke Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Finch
7. Tim Smith
8. Josh Cordoba
9. Mark Riddell
10. Nathan Cayless
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ian Hindmarsh
13. Chad Robinson

14. PJ Marsh
15. Feleti Mateo/Weller Huaraki/Daniel Wagon/Todd Lowrie/Richard Fa'aoso
16. Fuifui Moimoi
17. Richard Fa'aoso/Aaron Cannings/Justin Tsoulos

Phillips

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Lett
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Mateo

14. Marsh
15. Fa'aoso
16. Cannings
17. Tsoulos

lookin good for 07

MrT

Juniors
I get a slight shiver looking at the team. If we can a good run with injuries this team could be anything. A lot of young guys pushing for spots should bring out the best out of the senior guys too. Really looking foward to next season

stiffmeister

Bench
The team looks great, the best for a while so it seems. Great coach, great players, great structure, we cant go wrong unless serious injuries strike

Latest posts