What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Team Round 14

lucablight

First Grade
Alot of people here have been hyping up Mateo. It appears he has been moved from the premier league starting side to the bench. Is he overrated?

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Alot of people here have been hyping up Mateo. It appears he has been moved from the premier league starting side to the bench. Is he overrated?

in a nutshell, yes.

Bazal

Post Whore
lucablight said:

From what I've seen: Brilliant with the ball in hand, but seems unwilling to do the hard work or defend and wants every touch to be a matchwinner. Seems to have an attitude problem IMO.

Parraren

Bench
Would have been nice to see...

1.W McKinnon
2.Jarryd Hayne
3.B Smith
4.K Inu
5.John Williams

But unfortunately 1 is still injured and 3 & 4 just coming back from injury

Suitman

Post Whore
I detect a distinct lack of interest in this weeks team.
There'd normally be 20 pages in this thread by now.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
emjaycee said:
Why do u think that is?

There is probably plenty of reasons.

I just can't think of any.

But, quickly, just looking at that team, and the team that started the season with us with a previous coach now missing, and our place on the table..............

Suity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
emjaycee said:
Why do u think that is?

I'd say that all the selections were fairly predictible in our NRL team

I was more interested in seeing if Benny and Inu were back

strider

Post Whore
I don't think anyone played particularly poorly last week - so no one has anyone they desperately want out of the team

emjaycee

Coach
strider said:
I don't think anyone played particularly poorly last week - so no one has anyone they desperately want out of the team

If Wade and Ben S were not injured and there was no SoO next week, we would be fielding pretty much the same side that started the comp against Newcastle.

The same side that has lost 9 games from 12 this year. :crazy:

parra pete

Referee
Storm Squad: Billy Slater, Chris Walker, Jake Webster, Matt Geyer, Steve Turner, Scott Hill, Cooper Cronk, Garret Crossman, Nathan Friend, Brett White, David Kidwell, Ryan Hoffman, Jeremy Smith
Interchange: Ian Donnelly, Ben Cross, Antonio Kaufusi, Jamie Feeney.

parra pete

Referee
Nathan Friend!!! He works part time at Kraft.
Does the Storm have a Friend in Cheese's ???? Is that the same bloke??

bartman

Immortal
First grade side exactly as expected. No dramas and not many other options to take really.

Hope Ben Smith goes well in his first game back, and if so he could be an option in future weeks. Don't think Inu will get much of a look in for firsts this season behind Tahu, Smith, Grothe, Hayne, Williams, Reddy, McKinnon, Burt, Petersen... if they are all healthy?

You wouldn't pick Taia over Robinson, Wagon and Morrison anyway if all are fit. Cordoba was unlucky to only have a few games in firsts, but will get his chance with the first injury (or rep game) for any of the front rowers above him.

Thought Mateo might have been starting his slow rise up the ranks being selected to start PL last week... apparently not. I'd predict that means that he'll be :arrow: next season anyway.