What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS TEAM v RABBITS

forward pass

Coach
You are all a little bit harsh. Defensively - he is a liability but lets face it - every side has one or 2 weak defenders. And we aren't over blessed with centres.

Grahams attack in the Friday night match against Penrith was outstanding IMO. Scored one try and put a nice ball to Morris inside for PJ to score. He didn't let us down that night. He had a shocker against Broncos but who hasn't had the odd shocker.

I don't have a huge wrap on him but he won't let us down. He is a capable player !

Ok - let the bagging begin ! I'm ready....

T-Bone

Juniors
fish eel said:
IU'm confident Graham can getb the job done.

When he first came into the top grade, he looks pretty good. then he had that horrific leg injury and I think his confidence was shot to bits, culminating in that Broncos diaster.

He is only what, 21 at a guess?????

I think that Brian like many of us hopes Ash can discover his 2003 form. Surely with that in mind at his age we can give him another chance. I seem to remember the last Rabbitoh game that Wagon and Grothe were to blame for most of the defensive yet we don't seem to crucify them for that game. If they can improve their defence surely Ash can and his problems were against the Bronco's. Not a bad team

Clarkieel

Juniors
half said:
what's so outrageous about that team that it couldn't possibly be the one to run out? just the fact that graham is included over young stars who have never played first grade before? yeah, that's damn outrageous

LOL nothing outrageous at all i am just guessing that there could still be injury concerns with wade and sideshow
otherwise I would have picked pretty much the same team myself!!

i think it wont be the same team named that runs out, lets face it, it is the best opportunity to blood a player as we are playing souths, i know they have beaten us and no game is easy but if we cant make amends for the rnd 2 match, well we dont deserve to be in the top 4. Please be it not true that ash is playing( praying)

Suitman

Post Whore
FP,

You are correct.

He is capable, and that is it.
He will also get the job done, and that is it.
I'm here to bet that he will probably have a blinder. :)

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Graham walked off the field clutching at his ankle in about the 4th second last Friday night, i don't know that he will be ok as he didn't come back on, i reckon it is a smoke screen for Williams, Reddy or Delaney, they are capable, especially Delaney, he has been outstanding of late!!!

Also about David Williams, i think he is better than John, i know one is a centre and the other is a winger but i think David is the better brother, he has torn teams apart the last few weeks!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
half said:
what's so outrageous about that team that it couldn't possibly be the one to run out? just the fact that graham is included over young stars who have never played first grade before? yeah, that's damn outrageous

Nope. The fact that Eric said he probably shouldn't have played against the Roosters and his logical replacement is injured. There are still question marks over Wade's hamstring and Petersen was injured as well to my knowledge.

It may be, and hopefully will be, the team that runs out. Changes are possible however....

I'm more than confident Ash can return to the form he has shown in the past.

Kornstar

Coach
He will also want to impress as he would want to get back into first grade after being there for so long, he is young and will not want to be stuck in Premmies forever!!!

Although his form in Premmies hasn't been anything to write home about

stiffmeister

Bench
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................................

Why Brian why did u choose Ash

Glenn

First Grade
Ahhh can't bash Burty so time for a new target
Ash has been solid in the PL, see how he goes on Sunday vs Souths before judging him

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Boy there is no satisifying some people

Considering the players we have unavailable thats a pretty strong team

Who else were they gonna pick in the centres, a bloke with plenty of experience, or a newbie, or a bloke that has been cleared to the Sharks.

I suppose you guys have to bag some one else now that Burt is out.

It doesn't matter how well Ash plays, you'll all be dissing him come Monday.

You call yourelves fans.

Support the guy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have a sneaking suspicion that there were 2 first grade sides chosen but only one released to the media, the only way to know who the heck will be on the field on sunday is if we turn up to training and check it out for ourselves

I still believe chalk, JW, Frog and Henry are in the mix.

attamarrap

Juniors
Twizzle said:
Boy there is no satisifying some people

Considering the players we have unavailable thats a pretty strong team

Who else were they gonna pick in the centres, a bloke with plenty of experience, or a newbie, or a bloke that has been cleared to the Sharks.

I suppose you guys have to bag some one else now that Burt is out.

It doesn't matter how well Ash plays, you'll all be dissing him come Monday.

You call yourelves fans.

Support the guy.
your the main one who bags burty Twizz

I would've liked to see luke o'dwyer in the centres he's has as much 1st grade experience as ash he's not a newbie and he hasn't been cleared to the sharks

btw I do consider myself a fan

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
your the main one who bags burty Twizz

you got me mixed up with some one else

if he has had a bad game, I call it that way, but I've been defending Burty for years

Latest posts