What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Team v Titans

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Luke Burt
2. Krisnan Inu
3. Joel Reddy
4. Jonothan Wright
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Albert Kelly
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. Matthew Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Kevin Kingston
15. Justin Horo
17. Tim Mannah
19. Jeremy Latimore

Do you watch the lower grades or do you just feed off the hype?

No use blooding a player for the Sharks benefit - you'll no doubt argue that Wright is in a similar boat however Brod Wright was part of our top 25 squad this year and isn't costing us under the second tier cap which IMO is the only reason he is being used.

Using Kelly isn't going to make any difference - Robson has been solid in the middle and while his kicking game is ordinary his passing and tackling have been very good. Kelly just gives the Titans another option to run at.

Jono Wright I could deal with but you get a similar player anyway in Smith.

ParraAds

Juniors
I thought this week would have been a great opportunity to give Inu a crack at fullback. Could really spark him getting some space from kick returns.

bartman

Immortal
We haven't named a 16 or 18 for a few weeks now..... I'm wondering if they don't fit some of the taller lads.
Or maybe some of the guys dumped to Wenty (Cordoba, Weller, Oake) haven't bothered to wash and return them? :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought this week would have been a great opportunity to give Inu a crack at fullback. Could really spark him getting some space from kick returns.
Agreed, it could be just what he needs to find some form and confidence. A bit like Hayne.

The Ben Smith hate is a joke, like he is just average what do you people expect?

Why does everyone shield the fact that Eric Grothe has zero defensive awareness and near close to the worse hands in the NRL. If i coached a NRL team against Parra i would tell my half to just attack Grothes side, just bombs all day long.

The Colonel

Immortal
For staters no B Smith, B Wright, Latimore, I would have picked anyone but those three, we are f**ked for Monday night.

So who would you have picked from the lower grades to replace them considering Wenty have been pumped in the past two weeks by teams they pumped earlier in the season.

By all accounts and purposes with injuries and form we are between a rock and a hard place in terms of selections.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok..so Kelly has his first decent game for the first time in 4 or 5 weeks in a grade that is considerably inferior to first grade, we also have Wright who in reality doesn't offer a great deal more than Ben Smith and Horo who by all accounts has not earnt his spot as claimed wittyz chick for a few weeks and it appears that DA agrees with her.

as far as I'm concerned it'd the strongest side available and we should just put up and shut up unless you can provide a DECENT argement for those 3 guys to earn a spot ahead of who ever is already there.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Do you watch the lower grades or do you just feed off the hype?

No use blooding a player for the Sharks benefit - you'll no doubt argue that Wright is in a similar boat however Brod Wright was part of our top 25 squad this year and isn't costing us under the second tier cap which IMO is the only reason he is being used.

Using Kelly isn't going to make any difference - Robson has been solid in the middle and while his kicking game is ordinary his passing and tackling have been very good. Kelly just gives the Titans another option to run at.

Jono Wright I could deal with but you get a similar player anyway in Smith.

Robson is just useless, so anyone replacing him works for me. Kelly went all right when I saw hoim a fortnight ago.

Broderick Wright has offered nothing and Ben Smith well, I will leave that one alone.

Might as well try something, as this year is a total right off.

The Colonel

Immortal
Robson is just useless, so anyone replacing him works for me. Kelly went all right when I saw hoim a fortnight ago.

Broderick Wright has offered nothing and Ben Smith well, I will leave that one alone.

Might as well try something, as this year is a total right off.

If it is a write off why use players that won't be at the club or increase the value of players who may well be?

By all reports the club is scraping under the cap barely due to previous coaches mismanagement and you want to put more pressure on it?

bartman

Immortal
It's a write off, but we can't try things that end up costing us money next year (using Kelly, upping Horo's asking price) just for the sake of it.

Stick with the top 25 and just grin and bear it. Colonel's slab is safe, we won't be bothering the finals this year because we can't put together two wins on the trot.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

I was hoping that too, but I guess the team has been training with Luke Burt at fullback for a while now as well as this years entire off season.

Plus Luke Burt has been fantastic at fullback this year. Cant knock his performance one bit. Whether that be on the wing or at fullback.

I thought Brod Wright did ok against Penrith bar some defence, but the whole team is guilty of that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If it is a write off why use players that won't be at the club or increase the value of players who may well be?

By all reports the club is scraping under the cap barely due to previous coaches mismanagement and you want to put more pressure on it?

they'll be no pressure Colonel because Caylo will free up a sh*tload of money, remember? ;-)

just ask mUSASHI..

fish eel

Immortal
ok..so Kelly has his first decent game for the first time in 4 or 5 weeks in a grade that is considerably inferior to first grade, we also have Wright who in reality doesn't offer a great deal more than Ben Smith and Horo who by all accounts has not earnt his spot as claimed wittyz chick for a few weeks and it appears that DA agrees with her.

as far as I'm concerned it'd the strongest side available and we should just put up and shut up unless you can provide a DECENT argement for those 3 guys to earn a spot ahead of who ever is already there.

The only guy I'll go into bat for is Jono Wright, and I think he has a good case.

We know what Ben Smith will provide, Jono Wright held his own in his debut, and it would be worthwhile to give him more exposure to see just how he handles it with a view to next year.

Latest posts