What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Teams for Round 11

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Cayless in the second row? I'm not sure. And I don't agree that he is back. And Vella needs to fire up otherwise we will be toast.

I'm happy with Fui being on the bench. He adds some great impact. The Mobility of the forward pack worries me though.

The Colonel

Immortal
Cayless has been named in the back row as they lose Hindy in attack though that is balanced in defence with Wagon and Morrison. Having three defensive backrowers, had Robinson been picked, puts more strain on our halves to attack. This way Widders can work with Cayless like he was working with Hindy.

rednut

Juniors
Good team, but id prefer to see cayless in the front row with robinson in the second row. The other thing id like to see is peek and vella changing positions, that way theres a big impact when vella and fui come on

Hurriflatch

Referee
Colonel, very true

but like Avenger hinted at the run on team could well be different to the side named.

Bigfella

Coach
Has everybody considered the Tery Hill factor in Ben Smith's upcoming performance. He loves nothing better than to intimidate younger (ie all) opponents. He will be trying to get on Ben as much as possible. However as both seem to play a fair bit of left centre this may be avoided to an extent. However I believe Terry will try to get himself one on on with Ben in attack and defence. Obviously the kid doesn't give much away in size and strength - but in experience and street smarts he does. Thoughts?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If I were a rich man, I'd pay Brian Smith as much money as he wanted to never name Cayless in the second row ever again. He's proven his best footy is in the front row and he's been one of the form props this year, why change a good thing?

Good that Fui and Ben Smith are still there though, but I'm not confident with Cayless playing in 12.

mickdo

Coach
I don't get the whole 'keep Burt for his kicking' thing. He has almost the worst percentage in the NRL, and can't Riddell and Morrison both kick? I really hope that isn't what's keeping him in the side...

forward pass

Coach
One the best looking sides we have fielded in a long time in my opinion. My guess is that Tahu will swap sides where he may see a lot more ball, Well done Ben Smith.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I agree with everything except Cayless in the second row. Robinson should be there, he hasnt done anything wrong to be 18th man.

Cayless is much better at prop.

You gotta feel for Petersen, he deserves to be there somewhere. Ben Smith has sealed his centre spot and well deserved too, have him mark Terry Hill.

Stringer needs to lift his game a bit otherwise I'd have Peek in the starting line up instead of him.

I hope Moi Moi has the same impact as last time.

Bigfella

Coach
I haven't seen the percentages for goalkickers, but my general impression of burt's kicking is that he is more reliable this year. At times when we score a try to give us a potential 6 point lead he seems to kick them; in particular from mid-range where i had always seen him as suspect. Cowboys and Panthers are games which spring to mind where I've thought "it'd be really nice to get this one" ... and he has.

Hurriflatch

Referee
On Robinson in all honestly he hasn't done anything that impressive he has had a couple of good games here and there but hasn't really been as consistant as the likes of Peek.

and I don't understand your comment about Stringer over the course of the full 9 gmaes I'd say he has been our best prop.

Cayless since moving back to prop has been better but he hasn't played all season there.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Bigfella said:
I haven't seen the percentages for goalkickers, but my general impression of burt's kicking is that he is more reliable this year. At times when we score a try to give us a potential 6 point lead he seems to kick them; in particular from mid-range where i had always seen him as suspect. Cowboys and Panthers are games which spring to mind where I've thought "it'd be really nice to get this one" ... and he has.

In the game v Tigers @ Parramatta
Burt missed the 1st 3 goals. ended up with stats of 3 from 6 but started shocking.

He has been really up and down one week he'd kick 5 from 5 the next he'd kick 0 from 5

Hurriflatch

Referee
The top line ones don't

Hodgson, El Masri, Fitzgibbon, Schifcofske, Covell and even Witt don't.

The fact that only Matt Orford, Cameron Smith and Darren Lockyer have lower kicking success rates then Burt this year shows that is a major weakness for Parra this year despite having the likes of Riddell and Morrison in the side.

and this BS of Riddell not being an 80 min man doesn't cut it Roosters use Amos Roberts when Fitzgibbon is off and both have very good kicking %ages.