What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Teams for Round 11

mickdo

Coach
Here's the top 10 in terms of kicks made. Burt is the second worst, only better than Lockyer...

Player Goals % Matches

Luke Covell 36 / 43 84% 9
Brett Hodgson 35 / 42 83% 9
Michael Witt 35 / 43 81% 9
Hazem El Masri 32 / 39 82% 9
Josh Hannay 31 / 41 76% 9
Luke Burt 31 / 45 69% 9
Darren Lockyer 30 / 51 59% 10
Preston Campbell 27 / 37 73% 10
Clinton Schifcofske 26 / 31 84% 6
Craig Fitzgibbon 26 / 35 74% 10

The Colonel

Immortal
2005,R1 Parramatta v Wests_Tigers 4/5
2005,R2 Parramatta v Souths 3/5
2005,R3 Parramatta v Cronulla 1/3
2005,R4 Parramatta v Penrith 5/5
2005,R5 Parramatta v Brisbane 1/3
2005,R6 Parramatta v Melbourne 5/6
2005,R7 Parramatta v Wests_Tigers 3/6
2005,R8 Parramatta v Canterbury 2/3
2005,R9 Parramatta v North_Qld 7/9

Take out the three games highlighted and his kicking hasn't been that bad. Two of those games his kicking would have made f**k all difference anyways.....

Bigfella

Coach
Thanks flatch. I missed the tigers game so that probably affected my overall impression. I suppose a full season will give the statistics more meaning. At present he's certainly not costing us games. I agree about stringer. People seem to be critical of him yet he was our only prop considered for rep duties and was probably the best front rower in City Country. He has been very consistent for us surely? A super buy in my opinion and as a former northern eagle i think he will rip and tear this week. He is not fashionable like a brent kite - but i wouldn't swap them. If hill and leluai and others try any niggle he will be the man we look to.

fish eel

Immortal
Who'd be a coach and selector?

Last week we had a thread were people were saying axe Chad and move Cayless to the back row for the game against Manly. I was in a minority saying I'dlike Cayless kept up front.

A week later, Cayless gets moved to the back row and everyone bags it :rolleyes:

im not too fussed with caylo in the 2nd row.

think back to the last time he was in form - which was early last year; he was ripping it up in 2nd row until he got injured&suspended. admittedly his most recent stint in 2nd row was nothing but average, but the big mans finding some form now and should be fine.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
fish eel said:
Who'd be a coach and selector?

Last week we had a thread were people were saying axe Chad and move Cayless to the back row for the game against Manly. I was in a minority saying I'dlike Cayless kept up front.

A week later, Cayless gets moved to the back row and everyone bags it :rolleyes:

I was arguing strongly for Cayless in the 2nd row and am very happy that Brian sees it the same way.

theicemandanno

Juniors
The only change to this side that I would like to see is Sideshow in there for Burt. You know the Moanly game is going to be based around bombing the wings. If Hicks is marking Burt, we will have a glaring weakness.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Tahu or McKinnon will probably be the ones going up for any bombs to Burt. McKinnon covered up for Burt nicely against the Cowboys.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Gun Side. Hopefully we can put it together for a good win. I really like this side.

Especially when Hindy comes back and caylo back to PROP.

True EEL

Bench
great side......and when Hiondy is back Vella back to the bench and Peek to miss out

well done BS you have picked a great side.......especially since its the one i would have picked and posted on here last week.....except for Hindy out of course

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Has everybody considered the Tery Hill factor in Ben Smith's upcoming performance. He loves nothing better than to intimidate younger (ie all) opponents. He will be trying to get on Ben as much as possible. However as both seem to play a fair bit of left centre this may be avoided to an extent. However I believe Terry will try to get himself one on on with Ben in attack and defence. Obviously the kid doesn't give much away in size and strength - but in experience and street smarts he does. Thoughts?

You raise some valid points.

However:

(1) Hill has been named at lock;

(2) Last year Benny handled Billy Slater's trash talk without any problems.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Unless your looking at the Melbourne side Hill has not been named at lock

I could've sworn that I saw that Hill (in a team with names like Hicks, Monaghan and Donald) was named in the number 13 jersey?

Oh well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I could have sworn on a Bible I saw Menzies in the centres with Mattai and Hill at lock?

I swear my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Perhaps it was a suggested team by an Eagles fan?

bartman

Immortal
I think Cayless in the second row is a temporary thing, only because of the absence of Hindy to give balance to the side. It also gives Smith a chance to assess Vella and Stringer as for who should retain the other starting prop in weeks when Cayless moves back.

I'm glad Ben Smith keeps his spot. We should play centres in the centre, which barring injury will mean Wags at lock. I do feel sorry for Petersen as he does nothing wrong either, but in the last few years we've had injuries to one or other winger almost constantly? This year we've had the good fortune that all have been fit, which translates to poor fortune for Petersen at the moment. If he's getting stale, then he can always have a run in PL so he's ready when needed in the side.

Good range on the bench to suit whatever game plans are developed during the week, and O'Dwyer might be there to cover lock if there is doubt over Tahu, with Wags back to centre? Otherwise I'd expect Marsh and Widders to be givens for th ebench, with the next three fighting out the other two spots.

Good team, hopefully will translate to good on-field performance, and then a good win!!

Latest posts