What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Doggies, live scores

Macca_

Coach
We wouldn't have won anyway and didn't deserve to, but it is a fair call to say the ref was poor. Becuase he was... Think he has been in all 7 games he has reffed.

Macca_

eelsta

Bench
i was at the game and i always thought it was a try because he wasnt held.
am i right or wrong please explain

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
He was being held by the legs, his arm carrying the ball hit the ground at which point he got up and crawled over anyway. Double movement or not? I'll admit i'm a very sore loser but that refereeing was pathetic and even Dog fans should admit that.

Macca_

Coach
Depends on which way you look at it and what game it is and who the ref is... Theres been others not given like it in the past and others given.

It was the nail in the coffin though. A penalty there for a double movement and it stays at 10 point gap. Next try and its game back on.

But to be honest we didn't play well enough to be in with a chance.

Macca_

eelsta

Bench
but that refereeing was pathetic and even Dog fans should admit that.[/quote]

yeah that will happen :roll: :roll:

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
He was being held by the legs, his arm carrying the ball hit the ground at which point he got up and crawled over anyway. Double movement or not? I'll admit i'm a very sore loser but that refereeing was pathetic and even Dog fans should admit that.

Yes, he was being held, and yes, his arm hit the ground, but at the same time, at the point that he was let go, he was still moving forward, at which time, he got up and placed the ball over the line.
If you all think Perenara's try was OK, then this one was too.

Suity.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:

i agree completely with you mate, bloody ref was shocking and that try :oops: :roll: im not blaming the ref for the loss but he was bad, absolutely caned us all night

watching the game and the amount of defense we had to do im not surprised that we lost.. and the fact we only lost by 14 is a credit to our defense, the only way is up with that kind of defense. shame bout our attack tonight it looked like we tried to go around before going forward.. doggies had way to much ball in the end so it was inevitable that they won..

El Diablo

Post Whore
What was with the other ruling where he gave them another set of 6 for an accidental play the ball infringement :?

Didn't the Fox commentators say El Masri's first try was on the 7th tackle?

Suitman

Post Whore
eelsta said:
i was at the game and i always thought it was a try because he wasnt held.
am i right or wrong please explain

You are right - but only in my opinion. He was held, but was let go while he was moving. He then placed the ball over the line. T-R-Y.

Suity

Eelectrica

Referee
If Henry Perranerra was ruled to have made a double movement against the sharks then thedogs try was certainly a double movement. But it wasn't a ruling that cost us the game so I'll live with it.

We were outplayed on the night, no one to blame but ourselves for this loss. We have to retain that level of commitment in defence and improve our attack and we'll win our share of games of that I'm certain

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Oh I forgot that too. The 7 tackle set. They didn't score off it but they got an extra tackle, and if Russell Smith could count it would have been handover in their half. His refereeing was absolutely disgraceful, and although our attack was very ordinary, they tired our team out early so we could never have made an impact in attack anwyay. Marsh, Widders and Vella all came on earlier than usual because Riddell, Robinson and Stringer had to work too hard in defence. Our big impact bench was pointless because of Russell Smith.

Our defence was awesome, but it took it all out of us for attacking. There was no way we could have won under all of that early pressure. They had 5 straight sets before Parramatta got 1, and while a different ref may not have brought a different result, the game would have been ALOT closer if the ref was up to standard.

But I'll agree our attack did look ordinary, tired or not they still looked pretty flat, and nobody had a good night kicking.

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
But I'll agree our attack did look ordinary, tired or not they still looked pretty flat, and nobody had a good night kicking.

Well maybe that was enough for us to be beaten rather than your referee excuses.
In any case, its good to see a different Smith being blamed for our loss. There are just so many Smiths!!!
Think I'll follow Vietnamese soccer and keep an eye on the Nygens. ;-)

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
Suitman said:
ParraDude_Jay said:

Well maybe that was enough for us to be beaten rather than your referee excuses.
In any case, its good to see a different Smith being blamed for our loss. There are just so many Smiths!!!

Suity

Try Nguyen

you wouldnt spell Smith as Simth would you ? ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
Suitman said:
ParraDude_Jay said:

Suity

Try Nguyen

Thanks mate. I really could not have been bothered looking up the White Pages tonight.
Or should that be the Yellow Pages????? ;-)

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
Suitman said:
TheParraboy said:
Suitman said:
ParraDude_Jay said:

Suity

Try Nguyen

Thanks mate. I really could not have been bothered looking up the White Pages tonight.
Or should that be the Yellow Pages????? ;-)

Suity

try google :D

Latest posts