What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Doggies, live scores

Sean7

Juniors
We are struggling. Even when we win, we don't win like we should. We can't put teams away. We haven't been able to belt anyone this year. Apart from Newcastle, we're the only team in the league yet to do so. We haven't even cracked 30 points. Every other team seems to be able to pull out these big wins.

It's funny... when we get smashed, people here say "Ah, don't worry, it's happened to everyone this year". True, however, apart from the fact that Souths was one of the teams that did it to us, we haven't been able to do the reverse. That's what worries me.

It's a competition where you really need to take your chances and we just seem to lack the ability to do that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that every other team has shown what they are capable of on their day. We haven't or I hope we haven't, despite a few solid wins. We need to do it damn soon.

We should've won today. We needed to win today.

lotti

Bench
eels1986 said:
Parramatta - 10th spot. 10th spot - Parramatta. Sorry this is only a short visit 10th spot as we will be getting to know 8, 7, 6 over the next few weeks. Maybe you would like to meet a new friend called Manly. I know, I know, where have they been. Well over the last 6 years they only knew finals football from watching it on tv and they never came to visit you did they. The were best mates with 12th, 13th and 14th. Bit snobbish if you ask me.
the next game is at Brookie so hello to 14 points, round 10 hmm aww the doggies hmm I gues we can beat them so that's 16 and then it's your turn right off a bye as well 18 points there.

eels1986

Juniors
Dreaming lotti. Your run has come to an end but your spirit is admirable. You play Tigers at Brookie which youmight win. Dogs will flog you, Eels will crush you, Panthers will destroy you and Roosters will annilihate you. After those games you for and against will be a big minus - so good luck to Manly cause they will definately need it.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Guys like Menzies, Watmough and Stewart might have to back up for that game. If so, you wont easily win as you might think.

Similarly, we will have guys like Morro, Riddell, Grothe and Tahu having to back up against the COwboys....no backups in their all-Qld side. If we beat Cowboys it will be a HUGE upset, although fortress Parra is coming back.

lotti

Bench
you forget the bye destroys teams this year so 18 no 20 points we play the panthers at brookie, the roosters puh lease they got beaten by the Dragons so 22 points, the bunnies will be a little tough considering we roasted them, round 15 the Knights hmm easy points, the doggies again but this time at brookie another 2 points, round 17 we play the tigers again hmm depends on how we beat them next week, 18 hmm rep season over and we play penrith again we'll beat them and then round 19 I'll be in Brisbane that week helping the Storm beat the Broncos but it's revenge time as we play the Dragons.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Guys, here's a quote from NRL.com

The Eels regained the lead with the best try of the match only a couple minutes into the second stanza, with a lovely John Morris ball putting Adam Peek through a gap in his own half.

Peek got the ball on to Widders, who found a flying Eric Grothe, with the Eels winger using his size and strength to beat opposite Matt Utai to score in the corner.

Burt landed the tough sideline conversion to put the Eels up 12-10 and in search of their third straight win.

The reply from the Bulldogs was swift and severe, with three converted tries in the space of 14 minutes giving the reigning premieres a match-winning 28-12 lead.

The first two came from bombs with Braith Anasta (47th minute) and then El Masri (53rd minute) out-leaping their Eels opponents to score, before second rower Reni Maitua (61st minute) powered through a Morris tackle to complete the carnage.

Puts our night into a bit better perspective. Stupid errors from attacking kicks cost us. Our defence must have been good....good signs for the future ;-)

theicemandanno

Juniors
lotti said:
you forget the bye destroys teams this year so 18 no 20 points we play the panthers at brookie, the roosters puh lease they got beaten by the Dragons so 22 points, the bunnies will be a little tough considering we roasted them, round 15 the Knights hmm easy points, the doggies again but this time at brookie another 2 points, round 17 we play the tigers again hmm depends on how we beat them next week, 18 hmm rep season over and we play penrith again we'll beat them and then round 19 I'll be in Brisbane that week helping the Storm beat the Broncos but it's revenge time as we play the Dragons.

:lol: Mate if you're not ten years old, then :lol:
That has to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever read on this forum.

If you are an adult, :lol: .

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
F'n bullscum, you and your cop bashing pathetic players. Reni Maitua collars McKinnon, nothing happens, what a load of crap.

Russell Smith, piss off back to England you blind idiot. He cost the Eels in the first half, he isn't fit to ref under 10's. I was a supporter of his but he's just proven he's an idiot. Nash too, how the was Maitua's try not a double movement but Henry Perenara's was?!

Pathetic early refereeing, middle match errors and late match fatigue. Parra couldn't have won with these idiots running the game.

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
F'n bullscum, you and your cop bashing pathetic players. Reni Maitua collars McKinnon, nothing happens, what a load of crap.

Russell Smith, piss off back to England you blind idiot. He cost the Eels in the first half, he isn't fit to ref under 10's. I was a supporter of his but he's just proven he's an idiot. Nash too, how the was Maitua's try not a double movement but Henry Perenara's was?!

Pathetic early refereeing, middle match errors and late match fatigue. Parra couldn't have won with these idiots running the game.

Don't even dare bring the officials into this loss.

We were outclassed by the Bulldogs who showed more fight when it counted.
You just sound like a damned whinger.

Suity

El Diablo

Post Whore
Suitman said:
ParraDude_Jay said:

Don't even dare bring the officials into this loss.

We were outclassed by the Bulldogs who showed more fight when it counted.
You just sound like a damned whinger.

Suity

Without Smith and his cohorts it would've een close.

I wish Ruddock would put him in Woomera.

fish eel

Immortal
Russell Smith or no russell smith, we still lost.

I bet, if you were to ask brian smith, off the record, he'd still say that you need to be good enough to overcome whatever the officials toss at you.

Eelectrica

Referee
The opening 5 minutes set the tone for the match. The dogs marched down field from the opening kickoff, forced some goal line drop outs and we just couldn't gain any real momentum. Sure we hit the lead a couple of times, but our attack didn't really get started.

parra pete

Referee
The team has played worse than tonight and won. Plenty of committment from the Eels but Canterbury were just too good on the night.
If the Eels continue to defend like they did tonight they will win more than they lose. When a team is too good for you there is nothing you can do about it. Face it the Bulldogs were TOO GOOD tonight.
No amount of excuses or blaming can detract from that FACT

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
The team has played worse than tonight and won. Plenty of committment from the Eels but Canterbury were just too good on the night.
If the Eels continue to defend like they did tonight they will win more than they lose. When a team is too good for you there is nothing you can do about it. Face it the Bulldogs were TOO GOOD tonight.
No amount of excuses or blaming can detract from that FACT

Indeed.

Suity

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Not saying we would have won with a different ref but he was dead set pathetic! Even the commentators were saying Maitua shouldn't have been awarded that try, and if you can get a more obvious head high on anyone than the one on McKinnon then i'd like to see it (not really I know there have been worse ones but you know what I mean).

If Russell Smith didn't put all that pressure to defend on Parra then they wouldn't have made silly errors late in the game. It should have been closer, but wasn't because of this idiot. Nash too, that call to award the try was disgraceful. The double movement rule needs to be looked at fast. Alot of teams are being hurt by it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well, all three RADIO commentators thought it WAS a try.

So who is right????????????????

If the officials did, so be it. It was close enough to give "the benefit of the doubt" to the attacking team.........which is what the rule states. What goes around, comes around.
You are still blaming the officials.
Thats crap.

Suity

Suity

Latest posts