What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Doggies Match Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Small price to pay, don`t you think? But, in any case, what makes you think that Stephen Kearney is the only 'coach' who can get rid of our dead-wood and recruit decent players; develop structures, etc?

No but I think he was the only one willing to come to Parra. Hasler, Bennett, Sheens and Bellamy wouldn't touch this place with a proverbial, and I doubt Brian Smith would come back.

I mean, we have Nolan now; what do we need Kearney for? Seems to me he came to this club with some good ideas, but his inability to actually coach the NRL team, is actually making recruitment more difficult and preventing those plans from succeeding. Maybe we`ve got all we`re going to get out of Kearney - and all we need to get out of him.

It's certainly possible. Like I said, I'm very happy with how the squad is shaping up for the future. If Kearney gets the arse at the end of the year we're well placed for Ricky Stuart to come in and f**k everything. My choice would be Jason Taylor but you have to ask yourself why no other club wants him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:lol::lol::lol: What a load of rubbish! Doesn`t matter whether you`re right or wrong, you just have to try to win the argument, eh? Pathetic.

Mate I'm spot on. Burt offers nothing from the wing. At least at fullback he can use his brains and kicking game.

Still not a first grader but.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
12 months ago Poupou was spruiking Kearney as coach because he is a great leader captaining his country at 21 bla bla bla so go figure.

He is the off-field leader of the club's players and staff. This is why everybody puts in 110%

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
No but I think he was the only one willing to come to Parra. Hasler, Bennett, Sheens and Bellamy wouldn't touch this place with a proverbial, and I doubt Brian Smith would come back.

It's certainly possible. Like I said, I'm very happy with how the squad is shaping up for the future. If Kearney gets the arse at the end of the year we're well placed for Ricky Stuart to come in and f**k everything. My choice would be Jason Taylor but you have to ask yourself why no other club wants him.

Thoroughly agree regarding Jason Taylor. Not so sure about Stuart f**king things up, though. I wouldn`t mind Stuart. Considering he allegedly 'f**ked up' the Roosters and the Sharks, it didn`t take either club very long to recover, did it? I agree, too, that the squad is shaping up okay, although I can`t help feeling that we might have attracted some more players (and some players that Kearney himself wanted) if we were winning more games. Kearney admitted this recently, too. My view is that now we`ve gotten the beginnings of this 'rebuilding' thing underway (well- underway, hopefully), we should now focus on getting a coach who can provide on-field success to go with it. I really don`t think Stephen Kearney can.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thoroughly agree regarding Jason Taylor. Not so sure about Stuart f**king things up, though. I wouldn`t mind Stuart. Considering he allegedly 'f**ked up' the Roosters and the Sharks, it didn`t take either club very long to recover, did it? I agree, too, that the squad is shaping up okay, although I can`t help feeling that we might have attracted some more players (and some players that Kearney himself wanted) if we were winning more games. Kearney admitted this recently, too. My view is that now we`ve gotten the beginnings of this 'rebuilding' thing underway (well- underway, hopefully), we should now focus on getting a coach who can provide on-field success to go with it. I really don`t think Stephen Kearney can.

You might be 100% right.

lingard

Coach
Mate I'm spot on. Burt offers nothing from the wing. At least at fullback he can use his brains and kicking game.

Still not a first grader but.

I actually think that Burt`s limitations are far more exposed at fullback these days, than they are on the wing. I don`t think it was a particularly good decision for Kearney to select him there.

Latest posts