What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Doggies Match Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who said anything about motivational speeches or giving the team a spray? They just need someone to motivate them by the aura the coach holds and can get them firing and actually wanting to play for them and perform well. Something Kearney lacks.

These guys are not only adults; they are professional athletes. They shouldn't need an idol's validation in order for them to perform.

If anything the on-field leaders are supposed to inspire them

Ratchy

Juniors
There's players that have to take responsibility too. And also above management do so also as well as decisions made by previous staff. At the end of the day though Kearney chose this squad and he can't even inspire them to do the basics right so the buck really has to stop with him. Most of our players are of first grade quality (we might be down a few players through injury but what club isn't?), they just don't play as a team and that's Kearney's main role as a coach to get them to do that.

How could I forget it's all Kearneys fault!!!! :roll: ......damn those red lights

Craig Johnston

First Grade
what was wrong with mitch allgood? tautai got more minutes and did more work than him....in a match where we were crying for a forward to stand up

bartman

Immortal
Not that I know of. Maybe he had the flu that was supposed to be going around?

Mannah played 60 mins in Fui's absence, don't see why Allgood didn't get given as many (or more) minutes as Tautai this week, and hence more chances to run.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Losing Fui was a massive loss, after being down 10 zip early we stuck with them for nearly 60 mins but class told in the end. Paulo and Kelly were very good i thought but our defence out wide was terrible. Burt shouldn't anywhere near a first grade jumper anymore and if Hayne had of played we may even gave them a fright.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think when Allgood was on the field we didn't have the ball much so that's why there was a lack of runs on his behalf. He made nearly a tackle per minute. Regardless, his form has been down the past couple of months after a bright start to first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
what was wrong with mitch allgood? tautai got more minutes and did more work than him....in a match where we were crying for a forward to stand up

Allgood's in the team for his defence - 30 tackles (0 missed) in 36 minutes

Tautai - 22 tackles (1 missed) in 47 minutes

Mannah - 33 tackles (2 missed) in 59 minutes

Only Allgood got close to a tackle per minute. Tautai made less than a tackle every two minutes and Mannah just over a tackle every two minutes.

Allgood's higher defensive workrate allows the running props to use more energy for their hit-ups.

This is behind Ricky Stuart's frequent use of only one prop on the field. And no that's not why NSW lost.

yy_cheng

Coach
I have always said Burt's best position is as a trainer like alfie.

I like n smith. he knows his role and gives quick service

bartman

Immortal
Allgood's in the team for his defence - 30 tackles (0 missed) in 36 minutes

Tautai - 22 tackles (1 missed) in 47 minutes

Mannah - 33 tackles (2 missed) in 59 minutes

Only Allgood got close to a tackle per minute. Tautai made less than a tackle every two minutes and Mannah just over a tackle every two minutes.

Allgood's higher defensive workrate allows the running props to use more energy for their hit-ups.

This is behind Ricky Stuart's frequent use of only one prop on the field. And no that's not why NSW lost.
Fair enough. But the question was why didn't Allgood get more minutes (and get to contribute even more defence) under the circumstances?

bartman

Immortal
I have always said Burt's best position is as a trainer like alfie.
Burt made 116m from the back, even though he got dragged back in tackles a bit. People here usually wet themselves with glee when our back three all make over 100m, unless one of them is Burt....

And personally I don't think any of our other fullback options would have made those tackles he missed either.

natheel

Coach
Barba is a very good player BUT when he's running from right to left (Morris) he's much more effective then running left to right (inu). It seems like he has a much weaker pass when passing to the right than he does to the left. Watch the replays and check his momentum trying to set up the same play he does with Morris but with Inu.

Players will figure him out soon enough, but he is f**king so quick its ridiculous, so he still has that in his arsenal. But tbh he is starting to look like a one trick pony tonight. Our left hand defense was fine just Morgs and Sio had a rough night in defense but ironically that was our best side in attack

Kornstar

Coach
They tried to drop Burt at the start of the year and you f**king idiots (Eels fans) threw a hissy fit.

This club runs on politics and they need to appease the fans. Imagine if Anderson had realised Mortimer wasn't up to it and let him go at the end of 2009. Imagine if they tried to drop Burt now he's announced his retirement.

I'm worried if we sack Kearney that they'll give Hindy a massive contract to go around for one more year because "He's the only one who knows how to tackle!!!!"

Sadly, we get the team we deserve.

I don't remember throwing a hissy fit :? but I guess it gave you the chance to lay the boot in :roll:

My opinion is that the guy is out of his depth and has little idea about how to be a head coach BUT I am completely happy for him to see out his contract and make what ever decision he sees fit. That is his right as the head coch, I may not understand but that is his perogative as the head coach as he is ultimately responsible overall for how the team performs.

I think there are plenty of players (who he has re-signed too) not putting in for him, I think his staff obviously aren't gelling with the players and he doesn't know how to bring it all together......the board also seemingly do not have the experience on what to do either, giving him the option for help only to get a person in who had a heart attack (during a test match) and then was completely inept in his last full time coaching gig.

Gronk

Staff member
Re: Roberts, I hope not.

The SMH have a bit on a play that Jason Taylor highlighted were Pritchard runs an illegal decoy. They say that Morris x 2 and Wright try came off the back of that obstruction. I'm not dirty on them. I just wish our coach could have tought our team a few moves.

Nothing said in the press about the KK ploy for a penalty ? i'm pleased that Sterlo said "professional football players do not like that". In reckon i saw Inu get brushed on the face as well and he kind of acted up but then honesty got the better of him.

Anyway, good on Hasler. He's a thinker.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't remember throwing a hissy fit :? but I guess it gave you the chance to lay the boot in :roll:

My opinion is that the guy is out of his depth and has little idea about how to be a head coach BUT I am completely happy for him to see out his contract and make what ever decision he sees fit. That is his right as the head coch, I may not understand but that is his perogative as the head coach as he is ultimately responsible overall for how the team performs.

I think there are plenty of players (who he has re-signed too) not putting in for him, I think his staff obviously aren't gelling with the players and he doesn't know how to bring it all together......the board also seemingly do not have the experience on what to do either, giving him the option for help only to get a person in who had a heart attack (during a test match) and then was completely inept in his last full time coaching gig.
I know you are talking about Chris Anderson, but the sentence i highlighted could apply to Ricky Stuart. The guy a lot of the poeple would be happy to see here :crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Re: Roberts, I hope not.

The SMH have a bit on a play that Jason Taylor highlighted were Pritchard runs an illegal decoy. They say that Morris x 2 and Wright try came off the back of that obstruction. I'm not dirty on them. I just wish our coach could have tought our team a few moves.

Nothing said in the press about the KK ploy for a penalty ? i'm pleased that Sterlo said "professional football players do not like that". In reckon i saw Inu get brushed on the face as well and he kind of acted up but then honesty got the better of him.

Anyway, good on Hasler. He's a thinker.

I could not believe my eyes seeing Keating behave like that. I watched the tape today, and the way he is shaking his head as he walks it off with the trainer, given how they took Fui out earlier....unbelievable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I could not believe my eyes seeing Keating behave like that. I watched the tape today, and the way he is shaking his head as he walks it off with the trainer, given how they took Fui out earlier....unbelievable.

Having said that, kudos to the refs for making the right call there.

Latest posts