What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. LOL@50uff$: Live Game Thread

natheel

Coach
Well in a side that got flogged

Rory brien had a solid debut out of position

Fui is a deadset legend

Time to bring in Ken sio for hicks

Eelectrica

Referee
At least there will be something to play for. Can't wait to see the usual thread started by someone stating "Let's think of the positives of this match".

I can think of a positive. Souths have reached their peak this year and they'll still fall short of the finals. For Parra the best is yet to come.

With so many heartbreakers a loss like this was going to come sooner or later.

We have played much worse and been beaten by much less.
Souths were on fire tonight, the confidence was high for them after last week and soon as GI scored that first try so easily they all grew a extra inch and that confidence lifted even more and the played a fast attacking game plan and attacked our weaknesses in defence and we didn't stand up.
they beat the dragons last week ffs we should have known they would be up for the contest by contrast we were flat as a punctured tyre right from the kickoff

TheParraboy

Staff member
I can think of a positive. Souths have reached their peak this year and they'll still fall short of the finals. For Parra the best is yet to come.

With so many heartbreakers a loss like this was going to come sooner or later.

agree Eelectrica

We beat Manly by 50 next week, thats a 100 point turn around.....wow

ps Bear is friggin insane (man vs wild)

yy_cheng

Coach
Souths had alot of 2nd phase play.

I miss our 2nd phase play.

Brandy said, to play with structure you must be able to defend well.

boxhead

First Grade
Souths had alot of 2nd phase play.

I miss our 2nd phase play.

Brandy said, to play with structure you must be able to defend well.

Right, because we have the players to score from second phase :crazy: And don't mention 2009, because we actually had a bloody good back-line then.

strider

Post Whore
Right, because we have the players to score from second phase :crazy: And don't mention 2009, because we actually had a bloody good back-line then.
what was our backline then?

robo, morts, reddy, inu, grothe, ?, hayne

bar eric we could have a similar backline this year tbh .... altho i must say eric makes a big diff

boxhead

First Grade
what was our backline then?

robo, morts, reddy, inu, grothe, ?, hayne

bar eric we could have a similar backline this year tbh .... altho i must say eric makes a big diff

Eric, Joel and Krisnan alone make a huge difference. Add to the fact that injury and a lack of quality players has forced the coach to chop and change. And believe it or not but Mortimer and Hayne were on fire.

Latest posts