What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v manly RND 5

Gronk

Staff member
People on twitter are going silly over Luke Burt. I think everyone needs to understand that he'll be used for depth this year only

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta:
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Ken Sio
3. Esi Tonga
4. Willie Tonga
5. Cheyse Blair
6. Ben Roberts
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matthew Keating
10. Mitchell Allgood
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Reni Maitua

14. Casey McGuire
15. Fuifui Moimoi
16. Justin Poore
17. Joseph Paulo

Source: Parramatta Media Release

That side is good enough to beat any team. Ignoring form that is...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just to elaborate, I don't think Hindy and Fui are too old to perform, but they're definitely on the decline.

They're both still first graders but next year they might not be. Civoniceva-style evergreen performances into a forward's mid-30s is the exception, not the rule. And even Petero isn't the player he was.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Willie is a left centre, so he should be marking up on the merkin.

They both prefer to play on the left. Willie played on the right vs the Warriors but it may have been just for that game (we were targeting Mateo's side as does every team) because Blair also moved to the right in that game after playing on the left in round 1.

Last edited:

surfer1

Juniors
I find it amazing that effectively after 4 losses , especially the last 2 we have not made one change to our starting forward pack. To me that must mean the cupboard is very bare. Out of curiosity how many clean breaks have been made by our forwards this year and forgetting Sandow how many missed or ineffective tackles have our forwards made.