What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Storm: Live Game Thread

Avenger

Immortal
I agree, Roberts does not inspire me in the slightest.......

I think that Roberts may be our hooker and turn into a cheap version of Isaac Luke. Someone like Seage could end up being our 6. I just think Hayne will go back there.

Eels Dude

Coach
These 3 losses in a row remind me of 2003 or maybe 2004.... we lost 3 games in a row by two point or less. I think the last of those 3 losses may well have been against Melbourne too... Lee Hopkins went down crying after giving away a last minute penalty to decide the match via penalty goal.

The Colonel

Immortal
What did the ugly merkin say?

Hardest game of the season as it always is at Parramatta, Parramatta have played well the past few weeks but just haven't managed to get the job done at the end...... just need to keep hanging in. Words to that effect. Quite respectful

Daneel

Bench
Stand Aside...Here come the Mighty Bears

Another defeat plucked from the jaws of victory. If you look at the St George game, the Penrith game and tonights game it was Ben Smith w3ho conceded the error that allowed the opposition to get into position to salvage the match. Not shit stirring...just a fact...

No the referee penalised him for a perceived error tonight, thats a fact. All he did was make a tackle and get to his feet, shouldn't have been a penalty

definitely out backs there were to blame for that loss. the forwards destroyed them all over the park, they weren't making breaks through the middle it was all on the outside. and it's easy to see why when outside of the halves we have two second rowers, horo and smith, and two reserve grade wingers, etu and hicks.

idk what everyone here expects to happen when origin players are running at of hicks and etu's standard. i don't buy that it's heart that was the reason we lost tonight, we just don't have the players to compete with a team like melbourne if they gain momentum.

there gotta get rid of luke burt..hes.f#*ked he was terrible again tonite and didnt attack the ball once..!!! also show what you get when you have the best nine up against the best park footy nine in the comp..i hope this hardens the guys up for next year..bye bye burty..please..

The Colonel

Immortal
I think that Roberts may be our hooker and turn into a cheap version of Isaac Luke. Someone like Seage could end up being our 6. I just think Hayne will go back there.

That will be good then...... the board and coach will have a further 12 months of excuses for when we struggle as we are adapting to a new 6, 7 and 9. Perfect.

Fui Fighters

Juniors
We got tired. It might help if our full 17 were rotated THRoughout the match!!!!
no point having 1 fresh man and 16 dead tired with 5 minutes to go.
Otherwise feeling for all the boys, especially Hindmarsh.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good effort by the boys., just got beaten by a better side. Happy to get within four of one of the premiership favorites. All the Eels gave 100%, for all the whnigers out there complaining about tonight and blaming the boys for a lack of effort and Kearney can't coach and the club is ramble - jjust remember this Storm has now won 9 in row which shows how good they are.

Gee Cronk, Smith show how good a side can be with just a good kicking game. Plus gee I would love the eels to have some backs with the speed of the storms backs

Hopefully the Storm are prepared for the rematch next year when we have;

- a half back with speed and good kicking game
- 2 centres which are not backrowers
- and hopefully a least a winger with speed

Avenger

Immortal
Hardest game of the season as it always is at Parramatta, Parramatta have played well the past few weeks but just haven't managed to get the job done at the end...... just need to keep hanging in. Words to that effect. Quite respectful

Love him or hate him, he is a big game player and one of the best players in the world if not the best.

Snoochies

First Grade
there gotta get rid of luke burt..hes.f#*ked he was terrible again tonite and didnt attack the ball once..!!! also show what you get when you have the best nine up against the best park footy nine in the comp..i hope this hardens the guys up for next year..bye bye burty..please..

Yeah that try saving tackle on Cronk, pffft. :roll:

Kornstar

Coach

I think with a full offseason and actually accepting that he will play 5/8th, he and Sandow will be our best combination......

Eels Dude

Coach
Nope, Parra did more than anyone expected by putting 18 unanswered points on Melbourne. Unless you predicted that then you are a genius. It's not hard to look at Melbourne and realise they are a gun team, hence why they are sitting outright at the top of the table.

I haven't read all the posts but I am thinking at one stage you would have been praising Parra when we were up 18-0. Melbourne were always going to rack up some points, we didn't have enough in the tank against a quality team. Still, lose by 4 points to the top team isn't that bad, just sucked it was at the end again. I predicted Parra losing by alot more.

That's all well and great. But unless you hang on to that lead it's irrelevent isn't it? When you lead by such a margin well into the game you should win that game. If you cannot there's something wrong. They only had to be the dominant side for 20 minutes out of 80 minutes to defeat us. It's no different to the Dogs last week.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Nope, Parra did more than anyone expected by putting 18 unanswered points on Melbourne. Unless you predicted that then you are a genius. It's not hard to look at Melbourne and realise they are a gun team, hence why they are sitting outright at the top of the table.

I haven't read all the posts but I am thinking at one stage you would have been praising Parra when we were up 18-0. Melbourne were always going to rack up some points, we didn't have enough in the tank against a quality team. Still, lose by 4 points to the top team isn't that bad, just sucked it was at the end again. I predicted Parra losing by alot more.

We had a 9 to 4 penalty count lead, and we still walk out with our tails between our legs. Yes we may have been up by 18 but the question here is were parra that good or melbourne that poor?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Stand Aside...Here come the Mighty Bears

Another defeat plucked from the jaws of victory. If you look at the St George game, the Penrith game and tonights game it was Ben Smith w3ho conceded the error that allowed the opposition to get into position to salvage the match. Not shit stirring...just a fact...
Agreed!

Good effort by the boys., just got beaten by a better side. Happy to get within four of one of the premiership favorites. All the Eels gave 100%, for all the whnigers out there complaining about tonight and blaming the boys for a lack of effort and Kearney can't coach and the club is ramble - jjust remember this Storm has now won 9 in row which shows how good they are.

Gee Cronk, Smith show how good a side can be with just a good kicking game. Plus gee I would love the eels to have some backs with the speed of the storms backs

Hopefully the Storm are prepared for the rematch next year when we have;

- a half back with speed and good kicking game
- 2 centres which are not backrowers
- and hopefully a least a winger with speed

exactly!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Punch him in his smug mouth.