What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS vs TIGERS

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm sure we will be ready to go come Round 1.

We can't afford a slow start this year with most of games being home games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are so good we can afford to rest Hayne and Hindmarsh.

Trial results mean zilch.

My mate who is a Tigers fan knows some people at the Eels club and he reckons Hayne and Hindy didn't play because they were scared.

Not sure how true it is but he's generally on the money.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Dont know what they'd be scared of. Hindy had been around a long time and Hayne would be used to losing.

Definitely a tricky ploy by Kearney.

super_coach

First Grade
Only a trial match and the Eels had plenty of class in the grandstand, but its also has to be noted the Tigers had Lawrence,Farah,Brown and Lote in track suits and they ran a bench side for the last 30 minutes. Like most sides the Eels will win plenty of games this year if the injury god shines on them but I think they are a bit skinny on depth and that will bite them at some stage in the season.

But really just a trial game and a hit out to clear the cobwebs--nothing more

Maroubra Eel

Coach
With most of our games being home games we need to hit the ground running. I wouldn't be resting anyone. But I guess Kearney knows better than me.

ShaunC

Juniors
Was at the game and the Eels used it as a hit out and didn't really put any moves together even when Sandow was on the field. Sandow had a good game till he went off. Poore ran hard during the 1st half. Burt was good a fullback (apart from one major blunder).

Solid hit out for the side. And the fans as well who got into the spirit of the game and had fund practising their sledges (and important but oft overlooked part of trials).

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nice people...

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...ow-spark-not-enough-as-eels-go-down-to-tigers

For those interested (and I know your are), Raiders 27 beat Storm 18...

Would have been more interested had these fellas played pete ;-)

Melbourne had been on the hunt for a second NRL trial win on the trot, but were at a disadvantage early with star trio Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk out through either injury or by being rested.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/new-recruit-dmitri-pelo-scores-a-double-as-canberra-raiders-beat-melbourne-storm-27-18-in-nrl-trial-in-albury/story-fn7sfxe7-1226268657696

Not too many positives out of tonight.

Thought Poore, Fui and Mannah were good.
Joesph Paulo probably was our best.

Both Sandow and Roberts were very quiet.

Who's the young 3/4 no.17 in the 2nd half?
And also the name of the Islander youngster that scored the last try no.16?

It was just a trial and after last year I would not read in to the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we just played one of the premiership favourites. Next week we've got one of the wooden spoon favourites so it should be a good day out.

Parraren

Bench
Not too many positives out of tonight.

Thought Poore, Fui and Mannah were good.
Joesph Paulo probably was our best.

Both Sandow and Roberts were very quiet.

Who's the young 3/4 no.17 in the 2nd half?
And also the name of the Islander youngster that scored the last try no.16?

It was just a trial and after last year I would not read in to the game.

Vai Toutai scored the last try.

Good to hear reports Poore had a strong game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
image_normal.jpg

JustHoro Justin Horo

Average start for me personally and as a team but staying positive and already thinking about panthers next week #trialrust

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As long as their were no major injuries thats all that matters, last year we won all our trials and look where that got us??? Anyone stand out tonight that might push themselves into the top 17????