What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS vs TIGERS

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It wasnt that much of a try tbh, a try none the less though. He may not set the world on fire but ffs, did he f**k your mrs or something?? It's hard to cement a spot in a team when you have had a bad run of injuries like he has over the last few years.

Esi is a pretty special attacking centre, and not as bad a defender as he looked last night.

Actually just yesterday I was watching his game against Manly from last year and he was very good up against Jamie Lyon: http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011SmartR....aspx?roundid=189&matchid=1258&videoquality=1

Ignore the fact that Lyon created a try in the first minute. That was the winger's fault.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Esi is a pretty special attacking centre, and not as bad a defender as he looked last night.

Actually just yesterday I was watching his game against Manly from last year and he was very good up against Jamie Lyon: http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011SmartR....aspx?roundid=189&matchid=1258&videoquality=1

Ignore the fact that Lyon created a try in the first minute. That was the winger's fault.

I agree. It's one trial game. I think he will find his feet with some more confidence. He offers alot more than second rowers in the centers that's for sure. Someone mentioned it before, he was a draw card for his brother to come over but i think he can make an impact for himself here. Also, im not a fan of Ryan Morgan at center, but i thought he went ok last night. I'd prefer him on the wing.

Delboy

First Grade
If there is a real problem with the team, it is the lack of a real back row.

Smith/Lassalo were no where to be seen last night, Horo tries but hasnt come on as expected, Paulo showed he could be an asset

The front row played well, no issues there, but when you see Heighington and Ellis , you can see the impact they make ( Bair was the Tigers worst forward, so good luck paying him what he asked). I think it underlines why we are constanlhy linked with good impact back rowers, don't we neeed them

Tigers showed why they are favourites, they just rolled back into the groove and they play the same style through all grades.

Vai Toutai was best player in NYC, the 2 centres in the second trial team and Rodney Moefaauo also stood out, and Jason Seage looks like we have a 7 in the making

We need to upgrade the back row big time to be the team we want, but it was a trial and a lot more shape than the past couple of years.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
If there is a real problem with the team, it is the lack of a real back row.

Smith/Lassalo were no where to be seen last night, Horo tries but hasnt come on as expected, Paulo showed he could be an asset

The front row played well, no issues there, but when you see Heighington and Ellis , you can see the impact they make ( Bair was the Tigers worst forward, so good luck paying him what he asked). I think it underlines why we are constanlhy linked with good impact back rowers, don't we neeed them

Tigers showed why they are favourites, they just rolled back into the groove and they play the same style through all grades.

Vai Toutai was best player in NYC, the 2 centres in the second trial team and Rodney Moefaauo also stood out, and Jason Seage looks like we have a 7 in the making

We need to upgrade the back row big time to be the team we want, but it was a trial and a lot more shape than the past couple of years.

Spot on mate. Def our weak link. Toutai killed it didn't he.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was very impressed with Joseph. If he can keep going like that all year it's baaaad news for Horo.

Did Paulo play edge forward or six (I mean, second row or five-eighth)?

In the snippet I saw on Fox Sports it looked like he was playing in the halves (left side, defending three in).

I know he wore 6 for the Tomahawks and maybe he's being considered as a halves option at NRL level as well.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Did Paulo play edge forward or six (I mean, second row or five-eighth)?

In the snippet I saw on Fox Sports it looked like he was playing in the halves (left side, defending three in).

I know he wore 6 for the Tomahawks and maybe he's being considered as a halves option at NRL level as well.

It looked to me at some stages he was playing the role of a #6, and he was dangerous.

Delboy

First Grade
Jake, no knives , just pointing out the obvious.
s
Rene will make a difference, just a bit disappointed on our lack of impact from the back row.

You dont see that in the team overall?, even last year we werent as dangerous as most teams and it was highighted again last night.Plenty of time to improve it

Jodeci

Bench
i think the expectations are much more this year, we will see soon enough . i hate the off season ,cant wait till it starts again.

we couldnt be any worse than last year ,surely :oops:

We blitzed both trials last year and it ended up showing us nothing.

Long way to go people

Jodeci

Bench
We blitzed both trials last year and it ended up showing us nothing.

Long way to go people

Both teams had considerable problems with their handling but that is natural at this time of the year. ''It was a trial match, so you're going to get dropped ball,'' Bennett said.
Wayne Bennett from today's SMH

Not the end of the world