What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels's Trials, Dates and Locations

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You think that the solution to our problems is simply enthusiasm ?

No, I think the solution to our problems is being patient with our youngsters, and allowing our spine to form some combinations.

Eleven members of the squad made their debuts in the past two seasons. Our biggest issue is inexperience. Guess how that is solved.

As far as combinations go, do you know how many times Hayne-Kelly-Sandow-Keating have played together? Once. Hayne-Roberts-Sandow-Keating have only played together seven times.

Enthusiasm is something that can be switched on or off, and no team is ever always on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Patience. We just need some f**king patience merkins.

I am going to start showing some patience by waiting until at least the second half of our Round 1 game before I throw something at the TV or kick the dog.

Patience. I'm in. Are You?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sticky said:
We have to be patient. This is a huge, huge job.

Sticky said:
We want to win and be successful but it's going to take time. I've told them that I will be patient with them.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ays-ricky-stuart/story-e6frexnr-1226579817935

After overseeing his first full-blown trial for Parramatta, Ricky Stuart described himself as a "patient coach". And it appears that Eels fans will also have to bide their time, with Stuart predicting it will take at least 10 weeks before we can truly gauge how his team is travelling.

Sticky said:
What the players have got is a patient coach.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-trial-loss-20130216-2ekje.html#ixzz2LDfgWuu1

Avenger

Immortal
Matt Ryan, Mitch Allgood,Harrison, Paulo and even Maitua are massively overrated. Mannah is not the player he was, Moimoi is getting old and Lussick is untested. We suck. A massive broom is needed.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The same Eels fans who reckon we have the worst squad in the comp? The same merkins who said last year's squad should have been top eight certainties?

Footy fans have got no idea. If we were smarter we'd do something more productive with our time.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I would like to hear the whistling intro to G'N'R's 'Patience' come over the loud speaker every time we let in a try this year.

strider

Post Whore
The same Eels fans who reckon we have the worst squad in the comp? The same merkins who said last year's squad should have been top eight certainties?

Footy fans have got no idea. If we were smarter we'd do something more productive with our time.

yeah!!! ... like go to soccer games and yell at otehr people in hte stands .... and face teh wrong way!!! .... yeah!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
No, I think the solution to our problems is being patient with our youngsters, and allowing our spine to form some combinations.

Eleven members of the squad made their debuts in the past two seasons. Our biggest issue is inexperience. Guess how that is solved.

As far as combinations go, do you know how many times Hayne-Kelly-Sandow-Keating have played together? Once. Hayne-Roberts-Sandow-Keating have only played together seven times.

Enthusiasm is something that can be switched on or off, and no team is ever always on.

Patience. I guess we have no choice now because of the mess that SK left us in.

Good teams just buy decent players. Wow that must have taken them ages to work that out.

Avenger

Immortal
I hope I'm wrong but we will struggle big time. There will be a scape goat and unfortunately it will be Sandow. That's what I think.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Patience. I guess we have no choice now because of the mess that SK left us in.

Good teams just buy decent players. Wow that must have taken them ages to work that out.

Yeah, recent premiers Melbourne, Manly and St George are all well known for shelling out big money on established first graders.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah, recent premiers Melbourne, Manly and St George are all well known for shelling out big money on established first graders.

How did Cronulla dig themselves out of a pickle, genius ? Would you prefer their squad going in to 2013 or ours ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I would like to know how you 'dig yourself out of a pickle'? Is that the same as 'pushing shit into a brick wall'?